Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur - 9th July - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks, sissoko and Lo Celso bring about 1% goal scoring threat.
Lucas for a forward player, to call him erratic seems to be positive, his goals ratio is piss poor too.

So relying on Son and Kane, a Lucky OG or an even more lucky set piece.

I will watch it in hope that I’m wrong and we become a footballing creative force again but I doubt it.

Replace Lucas with Stevie B, then.

Theyve lost 5 in a row, we look slow and uninspiring (albeit a bit better at the back), their keeper has played a blinder against us before - not an betting man but id put this down as a draw which helps neither club

It's tough to pick this side knowing they won't have much rest for Woolwich at the weekend. I would like us to play 433 again, let's get used to this system for next season. This is certainly not our strongest line up but would give valuable minutes to Sessegnon, Skipp and Fernades.

Lloris
Aurier Dier Alderweireld Sessegnon

Ndombele Skipp Gedson

Bergwijn Kane Lamela

Maybe Sonny needs a break, so Lamela for Sonny.

Lamela needs to make quicker decisions with the ball. He holds on to the ball way too long. Either make a pass forward (if available) or take a defender on directly to create something for himself or others. He sometimes floats with the ball at his feet and before you know it he has 2 defenders swarming him and other defenders going back to cut off his teammates.

I say, pass, take a defender on, or run into space within 2 seconds of receiving the ball. These guys hold the ball for 5-7 seconds before doing anything.

This can’t be something José is asking them to do.

Well this should be a banker three points in the bag. It’s just a pity Spurs are not sitting in sixth spot today as it’s sadly going to be too little too late.

PS: Levy sucks!

Saying all that:

What price are Bournemouth to win?

Might be well worth a Ching or a score if the price is right? 😎

Why are we wearing our blue kit? It’s not like the white kit is going to clash with red and black is it?
We have to wear each kit for a certain number of games.
That is part of the sponsorship deal with Nike. It's the same with all sponsors and clubs. Unless the ref overrules if the colours are too similar.

I don't remember us playing our away kit too many times.

We have to wear each kit for a certain number of games.
That is part of the sponsorship deal with Nike. It's the same with all sponsors and clubs. Unless the ref overrules if the colours are too similar.

I don't remember us playing our away kit too many times.
Genuinely would rather have us play nude than in that monstrosity of a blue kit.

Back
Top Bottom