Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not interested in his price tag, keeping everything crossed he develops into a quality player while he still has time on his side.

To date though he's been disappointing with regards to ball retention, assertiveness, final ball and in front of goal.

There have been glimmers of quality but not enough (for me) if he wants to hold down a first team place.

That chance at 1-1 on the counter should be a PL winger's bread and butter, he skys the cross well over Richarlison. Got to step it up he wants to be a mainstay in the team.

Know the one you mean from that game

but if you look at what he has done with similar situations that one was the anomaly. almost every other time he's got in those positions it's been an assist or a great chance. He just needs to get there more often.

Just coming into this thread briefly to say that anyone writing him off and wanting rid of him already are absolute pricks of the highest order.

I understand the criticism (when it's constructive, not 'get rid') but time is on his side. Could be we bench him and bring him off the bench to have an impact in the last 20/30 minutes for a bit.

He's young and was bought with the knowledge that he's got a lot of work to do but ultimately has the potential to be a very very good player for us.

He didn't choose the fee we paid. We chose to pay that much.

He's going to be with us for years to come so fucking deal with it, support the lad, and hope that with time and training he comes good. I've seen enough of him playing for Wales and Forest to believe he's got 'it'.

Some of you need to learn a bit more patience, and stop viewing everything so 'black and white'.

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF
This - Players dont control the fee, thats decided by the club - I wonder as well if the Fee is getting to him a bit as well - A bit of imposter syndrome - he just needs to believe in his ability and we need to be patient.
Ange just needs to give him the "mate" and he will explode! :ange-arms:

I didn't see any and watched the same game. Not saying it didn't happen but if I go the 70th minute and look for what I missed, how likely am I to be wasting my time?
It happened. Dont know the minute but I remember being shocked by it.

I think it was shortly followed up by him blocked a clearance from AWB but then spinning around confused when the ball was at his feet and losing it.

He just looked all over the shop.

View: https://twitter.com/axelthfc/status/1746893904945754596?t=r-0f8_TAX3cAcdaBR-xQyw&s=19

This was the most annoying sequence of the game... A better pass there and we're 2-1 up.

To be fair to put the ball on a single person's head whilst you running full pelt onto the ball and the receiving head is also moving in at speed behind you but 30 yards away, is a big ask. His line was actually spot but was just a few yard to high.

I think there are better examples where he had a lot more time and space to look up and put in a decent cross and he came up short.

I do think he's suffering from the homegrown tax. If he was European and signed from Atalanta, he'd have cost £30m and most people would be content so far, all things considered. We have to think of him as a young £30m with promise rather than a £50m

The only problem is that he wasn’t 30 million, he was 50 million.

Blind denial isn’t gonna change that.
It's not denial. To the contrary, it's accepting of the reality that you can't have a squad filled with foreigners and promoting youth will have more misses than hits. So you have to pay over the odds to get your homegrown numbers up.

A £30m homegrown player will struggle to get off the bench unless they are in the last year of their contract.

Back
Top Bottom