Cameron Carter-Vickers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Sanchez fit? He says on official site ' I’m training well, I’m feeling fine, I’m getting fit and I’m trying to get to my best form so I can show my best for the team because they need to see me at my best level," he explained.'
Not featured yet. What does that mean that is not yet fit? With doubts about Foyth as well and Davies needed at LB I think a decision on CCV should be delayed until end of September but if Sanchez is fit and Foyth not going then CCV should be offloaded.

I would guess from those quotes and the fact that we haven't seen him yet, it means he was in quarantine somewhere, either in UK or abroad or both, but is now back in training.

Also means I would hope that he starts tomorrow and then just a question of whether he plays 45 mins or more - more preferably so he is fit enough to be a starting option in one of the first few games which start in about a week's time and come thick and fast.

Not given a squad number just like Danny Rose.
A bit surprised but it looks like CCV is on his way out.

Shouldn't be too surprising he clearly doesn’t have a PL future and is behind a lot of players at CB.

Makes sense to keep him around until the end of the domestic transfer window and then move him on to a Championship side. He will do well there as it seems to be a good fit for his level.

Wonder if he's signed a new deal before being loaned out.
Surely not. We've been trying to sell him for 2 or 3 years but no one willing to stump up. Given championship sides wont have a pot to piss in for the forseeable future i'd hope we've just accepted a small loan fee and let him move on or stay at Bournemouth next summer. He needs to start afresh for the sake of his career.

Surely not. We've been trying to sell him for 2 or 3 years but no one willing to stump up. Given championship sides wont have a pot to piss in for the forseeable future i'd hope we've just accepted a small loan fee and let him move on or stay at Bournemouth next summer. He needs to start afresh for the sake of his career.

His contract runs out in the summer. I'd be amazed if Levy was willing to sanction a season long loan to a player who will then leave for free in the summer.

Good luck at the Cherries Cameron.

The one player at Spurs that knew how to box someone out in Basketball it seems. Which is not surprising if you know his his dad came to end up in England to begin with.

Not in the squad again today. This is from 23 October:

BOSS Jason Tindall insisted new recruit Cameron Carter-Vickers is “not far away” from match action and added: “I’m delighted with his progress.”

The central defender, signed on a season-long loan from Tottenham on deadline day, was left out of Wednesday’s 1-1 draw with Cardiff as he continues to get up to speed with the Dorset club.

Asked for an update on the 22-year-old, Tindall said: “He’s not far away, Cam.
“Obviously when we brought him in on deadline day he hadn’t played for a while since pre-season at Tottenham so he’s short on minutes, game time and not had too much football in comparison to the rest of the group.
“But he’s a really good week’s training since he’s been here, so I’m delighted with his progress and he’s someone that I think is going to add real strength in depth to the squad and is certainly going to play his part this season.”
Asked whether Carter-Vickers could play against Watford tomorrow, Tindall said: “I will have to assess the squad, certainly off the back of a tough fixture away at Cardiff, with the travelling.
“We will assess physically where we are and what injuries we’re carrying or what arrives maybe and then make the decision based on the whole group rather than just the one individual.”

Alasdair Gold 24 November

Cameron Carter-Vickers (Bournemouth)

Carter-Vickers will have to wait a bit longer to make his Bournemouth debut.

The 22-year-old centre-back had been working on his fitness, having not played competitively since his previous loan for Luton Town in July.

Then this week it was revealed that the USA international rolled his ankle and is expected to be out for a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom