Cameron Carter-Vickers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched him quite a bit when he was at Luton and a couple of times this season. Pretty decent in the air but contrary to what Woodgate has said I don't think he's good enough with the ball on the ground. He tries quite a lot of long balls that just go to the other teams CBs. Doesn't look that comfortable under pressure with the ball at his feet. Will be decent in the championship but also don't see him playing for us. He wouldn't sort out any of our problems at CB. Think he'll leave on a free in the summer

Yet another club's fans taking to him.

Over 100 championship appearances under 6 different managers, and he's still only 23, which is seriously impressive.

Never given a chance in PL, but I think he will be here sometime. Arguably smaller than the perfect CB but a good leap on him bridges that gap.

Did fine with us this preseason (his first preseason at Spurs for a few years) and it seemed to be close whether he stayed on at Spurs or was ,loaned out this season. I suspect a significant factor is that Spurs have a few well regarded CB's coming through of who Tanganga is the first and its difficult to accommodate too many youngsters coming through in the same position at once.

CCV fecks up..0-3.
But, no. Handball/offside.
Edit: 0-3 ..a different goal.. 😀
Game to forget for B'mouth.
Over and out.

Last edited:
Apparently Spurs have taken up the option to increase his contract by a year so I think he'll likely still leave but it probably wont be on a free now :mourthumb:
Or he could be used to pad up our defence for a year. He has over 100 games in the Championship now and tbh he is probably a okay backup defender in the PL.

But yeah, the most likely scenario is that we have extended it so that we can get a fee for him from Bournemouth or any other interested buyers.

Bournemouth 9-1-1 last 11 champo games and are in the play-offs.
Woodgate took over in Feb and started playing CCV every game whereas previous manger rarely played him.
Bournemouth v Brentford on TV at 12:30 for those interested.

Cameron Carter-Vickers loan spell at AFC Bournemouth came to a disappointing ending on Saturday with the team’s loss in the League Championship promotion playoffs.

Newcastle United, Bournemouth, and Anderlecht have all had discussions with Tottenham over a permanent transfer for Carter-Vickers, a source close to Carter-Vickers confirmed to SBI on Saturday. Four MLS clubs have also expressed interest in Carter-Vickers, but a move to Major League is unlikely due to Carter-Vickers’ salary.

Tottenham is valuing Carter-Vickers at roughly $14 million [£10 mill] after enjoying an impressive season with Bournemouth in the EFL Championship this season. Carter-Vickers has one year remaining on his contract at Tottenham, but has begun exploring options elsewhere in hopes of a move for consistent playing time.

Has looked very good in Championship where he has played over 100 games under 6 different managers, and still only 23. Probably can consider himself unlucky not to get more chances at Spurs even in pre-seasons.

Ar some stage he will be in PL, whether as part of a side whose club is promoted or bought by a PL club just a question of timing. I suspect he will be sold this summer, and best of luck to him, look forward to seeing what he makes of PL when he arrives .

Yeah, but given our situation It won't be easy to get two new better CB's and I doubt Dier lose his spot. Toby and Sanchez leaving seems more plausible.

CCV sucks so it should be easy to get two better guys but if we are keeping Dier then it doesn’t really matter anyways so might as well keep crap like CCV at that point.

Back
Top Bottom