Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really liked when he came on v Leeds for a few minutes , he just looked sharp.
Think he needs to be starting far more or getting minutes in the Premier league more.
Good player and good finisher..

I really liked when he came on v Leeds for a few minutes , he just looked sharp.
Think he needs to be starting far more or getting minutes in the Premier league more.
Good player and good finisher..
Exactly, he made 2 very good runs that Kane could've passed with his left foot but decided to play it backwards instead. He's also faster than normal for a lad of his size. I like him, I don't know why José doesn't play him more in the EPL side when we're looking for a goal.

When he’s being picked, he’s scoring goals and playing well. What the fuck more do you want him to do? When Bergwijn is being picked, he’s not performing and not scoring the goals we need from him. It’s pretty damn simple dude. Bergwijn out, Vinicius in.

I don’t think you know much about football if you think the two players you are comparing play in the same position.

Stevie B is not a CF. He’s being asked to spend more time defending than attacking.

It’s so clear to see when you watch a game??

I think it’s two things.

The main one is position. Pretty sure Mourinho just sees him as a CF. So he’s limited to being behind Kane, Bale and Son in the pecking order.

2nd is physicality. He’s not that strong for an English CF so can only imagine they are pushing that part of his game and getting him in the gym as much as possible.

I didn’t realise how old he was either. If they decide to keep him then would hope he can kick on in his second season but he’s going to be 26 in March so I’m not sure if he’s a just a stop gap to let parrott get a bit older.

These are good points. And the good form of Kane and Son have not helped matters for him, I guess.

I agree that he definitely deserves a few more minutes in the league. If the team had been performing better and killing matches off I think we would have seen more of him, but when we are labouring at 1-0 Mourinho's nature is to minimise risks, which means leaving Kane on not turning to an unproven player.

It's not easy for any striker to take league minutes away from Kane or force the manager to play with two strikers. Hopefully tonight he shows what he can do.
My own view is Vinny could play with Kane or Son as they do different things. He could be a target man with Kane as a deeper '10' and using his passing range. I would like to see this at a few points but Mourinho is pretty cautious so I doubt you will see two out and out strikers much.

Bit of a funny one as I think he was mainly bought in to give Kane a rest in the cups, and to come in if the worst happened and he picked up an injury. Don't think theres much chance of him working himself into the starting 11 in the league unless we get an injury to somebody.

You can only beat whats in front of you and think he's not let anyone down when he has played. Equally not set the world on fire.

Bit of a funny one as I think he was mainly bought in to give Kane a rest in the cups, and to come in if the worst happened and he picked up an injury. Don't think theres much chance of him working himself into the starting 11 in the league unless we get an injury to somebody.

You can only beat whats in front of you and think he's not let anyone down when he has played. Equally not set the world on fire.
Think he needs time to settle before we really judge

He has not been given opportunity because he has not been good enough.

Again, based on what?

He's played against poor opposition and for the most part, delivered.

Or do enlighten me - what specifically from yesterdays game (which, I once more repeat - was played against weakest side of Championship) would prove that he is worth getting chance in higher level? What did he do that impressed you? Or why are you hiding behind 24 minutes of EPL football, when in fact he had 60 minute against weaker side and contributed nothing.

He wasn't the best yesterday.

But before yesterday, he had started 1 game in a month and a half which was against a team in the 7th tier of English football.

Again, he's suffering the exact same thing Llorente suffered from (And every single striker we sign going forward whilst Kane is here will suffer from). Lack of minutes to keep match sharpness up because managers are frightened of taking Kane off when things aren't working or going all out when needing something different and putting a striker on to play alongside him.

What HAS he done that's impressed me since he's been here? He's shown intelligence. His hold up play has been good. He works hard and for the most part when he's started, he tends to have a hand in goals.

But I am not going to isolate one game from his that was poor as an excuse as to why he "isn't good enough" because that's a stupid angle. And you know it. I could also name about 5 games of Gareth Bale this season to prove why he is a waste of the wages we are paying him - but I am not going too because he isn't match fit and won't be by getting games here and there.

Or should I not support our back up striker?

How any striker, who has 6 goals and 3 assists in 500 odd minutes can be criticised because he was subpar against a Championship side whilst surrounded by our B team is beyond me. Especially when Gareth Bales performance (against the same bang average side) is getting praised and calls of "Bale being back" - lol

Been banging this drum for years but this is more proof we dont need a back up centre forward. What we need is another Son type that can play up front or in the 3 with Kane and Son. Any back up to Kane is such a drop in quality he wont ever get a proper chance against decent opposition.

He is just here to prevent a Kane injury ...
Very hard to blame him when he has to play with Lamela , Moura and Bale ...
He is enough skilled to score with Tanguy, Son and Bergjwin .

It's make it or break it time for Vinicius right now. If Jose doesn't have the guts to play Vinny then him and Danny should be ashamed of themselves for not having faith in the results their summer business. Is a waste of the clubs time and money.

Back
Top Bottom