Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well we all knew that when we signed another striker, we’d only see them in cup games and when Harry was injured.

Looks like he’s going to get his chance now. Hope he takes it.

Will be pretty fucking annoyed if he doesn’t come in as a straight replacement. Do not want to see some kind of false nine bullshit in the next few matches.

Poor night overall for him - starved of anything in the first half and looked absolutely gassed towards the end.

It was a bad miss but he's played near enough no competitive football - of course he's going to be rusty.

Just been horribly mismanaged.

The judgements on Vinny are ridiculous. He’s had a few sniffs here and there. That’s all. We need to stop slagging new and young players (apart from Gedson) until they’ve had a proper chance to gain rhythm and familiarity with the league, colleagues, and our manager’s shocking tactics.

What makes you think he'd be happy being on the bench most games ?
He wouldn't mate, he's the main man at a top half premiership team who recently stated that he would like to get back into the England squad on a regular basis. Hardly the talk of a player that wants to spend most of his time sitting on his arse.

I agree that Vini hasn't had the minutes to prove himself in the league this year, but what would you rather.
  • Pay 40mil for Vini, with him being still somewhat of an unknown quantity
  • Try to go for Ings, who may be 3 years older, but has experience in the league and will most likely be ok with being a squad player, and also be considered hg?
If you think anybody would pay 40m you must be on another planet. It might be in the loan agreement but doesn’t mean we would offer anything near that.
I think we just got him to get through the season. Look for someone else in the summer.

He’s a decent enough player and will always earn a living playing football somewhere. Specific to his Tottenham career. He will earn his minutes in training. As every pro is expected to do. What you do in training gives you momentum into the games and gives the coach the faith to put you in. Then it’s down to you, however little time you get you must work hard and then the next week train even harder. That’s my view on how football should work. The very real problem with this guy is that when he does come on he does not actually do enough, closing down looks poor, link up play awful and to my eyes he is a player who plays facing goal and in behind, which is not how we play.

he’s on loan and will be gone in the summer. Another in a long line of “punts”. It used to be that you earned a move to a club like Spurs, now days you just need the combination of being “ok” and “fairly” cheap.

I am not joking when I say that a player like Solanke would have made 100x more sense than this fella. But let’s be honest we could not afford him. All we could “afford” is this bloke on loan. Even Jansen was not on fucking loan.
Not sure if he’s good or not. Jose ball ensures he gets one chance a game.

Not sure if he’s good or not. Jose ball ensures he gets one chance a game.

Exactly my thought. How can you even evaluate him if he gets one or two chances per game in the rare occasion that he gets to play? Not fair. I am not saying he is a great player. I am saying we have no basis for evaluating him one way or another.

20/20 hindsight but Ollie Watkins would have been a far better punt in the summer than Vinicius - often overlooked that the Championship is the 5th/6th best league in europe, so a better league to get players from that say the Portuguese league.

Previous to this game, he registered 6 goals and 3 assists in 504 minutes of game time.

Added another goal today.

I get that he's mostly played against dodgy opponents, but there is no reason why we can't and shouldn't see more of him at times.

Vini didn't play well but got himself another goal so fair play to him.

He's done his part in helping rest some players and score goals against weak opposition but can't see him ever being that guy Mourinho turns to to make the difference against good opponents.

Back
Top Bottom