Chairman's Message

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with most of it apart from the claim we have a mix of youth and experience.

We need way more leaders. The long in the tooth players are people like Lennon. What experience does he bring? The quickest way to get to Leeds to go on a bender?

The hardest part for me to accept is that this is the the man that has taken us from VDV, Modric and Bale to Chadli , Naughton and Rose but goes on to reflect on a season that might have been

Anyone else in a different topic would point out the severe cherry picking there.

You can easily say we've gone from VDV, Modric and Bale to Lloris, Eriksen and Adebayor, or any other 3 players. Modric didn't replace what we missed in Carrick instantly, nor did VDV in Berbatov. The key is in the players who have been settling in this season, and the players who haven't had the same chances (Lamela & Capoue).

Bear in mind we've gone from line-ups such as:

Gomes, Hutton, Corluka, Woodgate, Zokora, Chimbonda, O'Hara, Jenas, Palacios, Bentley, Bent

to

Lloris, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Capoue, Dembélé, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Paulinho, Eriksen, Lamela, Adebayor
(I guess that you left those lot out of your list)

Had he stumped up for Moutinho instead of piddling around playing brinkmanship games, we could conceivably kept Bale and be entering a second successive European cup season
Maybe
Possibly

I think it's quite telling that Levy has said:

"I firmly believe we have a quality squad with many players from whom we have yet to see their full potential and players who have individually shown great form this season. We also have a healthy mix of experience and youth and over the last two seasons particularly we have seen Development Squad players move up to the First Team and put in promising performances."

Whilst Tim thinks we need a clear out and have hardly any quality in the team.

That speaks volumes for me.

I think it's quite telling that Levy has said:

"I firmly believe we have a quality squad with many players from whom we have yet to see their full potential and players who have individually shown great form this season. We also have a healthy mix of experience and youth and over the last two seasons particularly we have seen Development Squad players move up to the First Team and put in promising performances."

Whilst Tim thinks we need a clear out and have hardly any quality in the team.

That speaks volumes for me.

Yes, picked up on this also, I think he's basically saying what I agree with, in that we don't need to overhaul the squad again, we just need to bring in the right manager to get them functioning or at least the right manager to determine whether individual players do have something to offer the club. Players like Soldado, Capoue and Lamela don't become shit overnight.

We need way more leaders. The long in the tooth players are people like Lennon. What experience does he bring? The quickest way to get to Leeds to go on a bender?

To be fair, it's not completely Aaron's fault.

The fans chase him out of N17 after each game for his performances. He ends up in Leeds like a Homing Pigeon

runaaron.gif

Reading this back and after Blanchflower Blanchflower mentioned me, i realise that yes I was being a twat. I stand by my opinions, but you are of course entitled to yours.
Apologies.

Just out of interest, who would you rather have in?

No probs.

Tbh I don't really think that it's my job to find a better option but if u twisted my arm Bill Gates or that bearded woman from Eurovision

Levy has to take responsibility for his poor decision making in the managerial dismissals/appointments this season

Is a fallacy
Sort of is a fallacy

What next?

Not a fallacy?

Out of my whole post you choose to pick up on a (admittedly slightly lazy) colloquialism?
For the record I'm not trying to force you to admit I'm right and you're wrong. If you're going to respond to my posts and debate with me then that's great. But please do so by addressing the points not trying to pick up on little semantic inconsistencies in order to discredit them like some sort of Weasle politician

Out of my whole post you choose to pick up on a (admittedly slightly lazy) colloquialism?
For the record I'm not trying to force you to admit I'm right and you're wrong. If you're going to respond to my posts and debate with me then that's great. But please do so by addressing the points not trying to pick up on little semantic inconsistencies in order to discredit them like some sort of Weasle politician
you've met spammy before right?

Levy has to take responsibility for his poor decision making in the managerial dismissals/appointments this season

My criticism of levy is that he made a poor decision when redknapp was sacked, avb and Tim ain't good enough and we went backwards. He is brilliant at getting good prices for transfers which is great but the future manager must have the final day on who comes and goes otherwise how will we build a team.

Levy is a great tactician but a poor strategist.

I read that as Welsh politician first.

Still worked.

:levylol:

Back
Top Bottom