Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really can’t get my head round what I see on here sometimes.

Go into this game feeling excited. We are going home.
It’s a CL quarter final. These don’t come around often.
This is literally our first CL night back at the Lane under lights.

It’s massive. This is how you make history.

Some context.
15 years ago Woolwich went unbeaten.
We finished 14th (45 points won 12 games lost 17) City finished 16th.

Villa,Charlton, Bolton, Birmingham all finished top 10.
Leeds finished bottom. Shortly after being a CL team.

Life’s good right now. Fucking enjoy it guys.

As 100% it won’t always be.............

"TO BE THE MAN YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN"

woo-gif-15.gif

Four times in the CL and three of the draws have been pretty brutal, only once have we had an easy group and we did poorly that year. What I love is how we relish playing the best teams. The likes of Woolwich when they were in it were always desperate to avoid the biggest teams because they feared them. We on the other hand are fearless. It's what comes of wanting, and waiting, to be in the competition for so long. Once you make it you are just going to go for it.

Dr Rocktopus Dr Rocktopus says it all very well. In the 90s I remember going round my mates houses in the week to watch the big clubs like Utd, Liverpool, Woolwich, and even Newcastle play these big teams in the CL and it was so frustrating not being anywhere near it.

We're in it playing some of the best teams again and we have the talent to win every match up. We have one or two players who would walk into even Barca's team so we have every chance of showing them up.
Remember getting back into Europe and losing to kaiserslauten in 1999 this was the team

Tottenham Hotspur (4-5-1): Walker; Carr, Perry, Campbell, Edinburgh (Young, 76); Leonhardsen, Freund, Sherwood, Clemence, Iversen; Armstrong (Ginola, 81).

Yes George Graham decided that ginola should be a sub the only player in that bag of shite fit to have the cockrel on his chest. We have come a long way chaps a long long way

According to Wiki we are in 19th position for co-efficient points, but that position is after Woolwich and Chelsea who will not be or not likely to be in CL. So if one of the others above us drops out we would be in 16th position - and with 8 groups we would just scrape into Pot 2. So until we have the full list of CL participants we cannot be sure,,,and in fact it may come down to seeing of one of them goes not make it into the Group Stages !
UEFA coefficient - Wikipedia

Far cry from the days we were checking to see if we came top of the European fair play league to scrape a place on the UEFA Cup qualifying rounds.

Back
Top Bottom