Chelsea (H) 4/2/2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Within the space of a week we’ve managed to put, at least temporarily, the season of 3 struggling teams back on track.

Dr. Tottenham on top form

Dr Tottenham indeed :mourcheeks:

27849642-0-image-a-24_1588262469657.jpg

Needs to go now. Get in whoever. Redknapp. Hoddle. Ledley. Take your pic.

Cant watch any more of this absolute garbage. Players have downed tools now. Few of them players wanted a slap at half time. Not fit to wear the shirt
I was a massive fan of Harry and the way we played when he walked in the door. Looking back though he had something to work with right away that he would have known would get the fans onside immediately. People like Lennon, who could get people off their seats and excite even if often there wasn't end product.

This team don't have that. All too pedestrian. Even people like Son look absolutely lost in the way we play. Teams have wised up to it.

Levy has tried most of the manager profiles ...

Happy-go-lucky Cockney,
Latin Hipster,
Club Legend,
Serial Winner,
One-Of-The-Lads,
Loveable Fan Favourite.

Next off the ramp is probably Angry Jock. David Moyes anyone?
One of the lads - Jol?
Loveable Fan Favourite - surely not Borehamwood Tim. Or is that Pochettino? In which case, who's the hipster, not Ramos surely?

Levy won't sack Jose.

If he does that, he knows that Harry and Son will be on the phone to their agents the next day. Not that they might not be anyway, but to sack him now is to admit to a complete rebuild needing another two to three years, minimum.

He'll just stick his head in the sand and hope things get better.

I'm trying to construct one without involving Daniel Levy.

Too many on here take it as a personal affront on themselves. . Like I'm molesting their mother or something.

It's taking a little longer than I thought
John, we’re getting amateur, pale imitations. Pull your fucking finger out man. If I wake up in the morning and there isn’t a JT poll thread for my to roll my eyes at I’m carding you.

Levy won't sack Jose.

If he does that, he knows that Harry and Son will be on the phone to their agents the next day. Not that they might not be anyway, but to sack him now is to admit to a complete rebuild needing another two to three years, minimum.

He'll just stick his head in the sand and hope things get better.
You reckon Harry and Son still believe in the Jose Special One/Guaranteed silverware line?

Just while we are in fantasy land we should probably consider our new manager to have 3 unequivocal abilities
  1. Not be Jose Mourinho
  2. Bring back the attacking and more importantly entertaining philosophy
  3. Not be Jose Mourinho
Everything is in place. The rest is Daniels job, not mine.

I was a massive fan of Harry and the way we played when he walked in the door. Looking back though he had something to work with right away that he would have known would get the fans onside immediately. People like Lennon, who could get people off their seats and excite even if often there wasn't end product.

This team don't have that. All too pedestrian. Even people like Son look absolutely lost in the way we play. Teams have wised up to it.
He came into an underperforming team like this one I’d argue. I honestly don’t care who it is. The type of football we play (I don’t even know if you could call it a style) is unwatchable. Give it whoever and make a proper appointment in the summer so I can at least watch the team I love and get some sort of enjoyment out of it.
What blew my mind today is this thing of nobody showing for the ball when we have it. Players either literally hiding from the ball pointing, or players too fucking lazy to move into space to receive it.
Unforgivable traits for professional footballers at this level. Hojberg being the only exception in that first half. Everybody else didn’t even have the professional pride to compete.

Back
Top Bottom