Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have lost to dog shit teams, we are not special. As a team we are totally average when you remove our world class forward players. We have seen this for more than a year. We find it hard to beat anyone in this league.

This is the reality. We have some decent players, some grafters but not the type of squad that gives you any right to expect a result in a massive away game with two world class goal scorers injured. The team is in a very messy early stage of rebuilding after the Dembele + Eriksen era has ended.
It’s not the results that concern me. It’s the approach to the game.

This business of Jose moaning - or “just stating facts”.. what do you think that does to the players, what do they think when they hear that? Probably they think that it’s not worth trying, apparently we’re fucked anyway......?
Often, in sport as in life, it’s attitude that makes the difference.

He's been in the game a while mate, I'm sure he knows what he's doing when he says what he says.

Mate. It doesn't matter who we play up top. He will still set us up in a low or mid-block!!!

He's brainwashing everyone in thinking all is lost because we have THREE players injured! THREE!!!!

His style of football requires a striker to hold the ball up and lob long balls to, he's not adapting because he can't. Before we lost Son he defended his style of football by saying he couldn't play any differently because he lost Ban Davies!!

Yes we have three injuries to key players but we also have deadwood and underperformers
Take your pick

:vertna:

Yes we have three injuries to key players but we also have deadwood and underperformers
Take your pick

:vertna:
We actually have injuries to TWO key players (Son & Kane), Sissoko isn't "key".

Every team has those. But it's amazing that we've gone from having one of the best squads in the league to a team stock with underperformers and deadwood in LESS than three months.

It is my understanding that it's the manager's responsibility to have underperformers erm perform. It's in the job description.

Were you one of the ones happy when we sacked poch and got him in...at the time?
No poch may be his time was up but that didn’t mean we just got Jose in. I’m sure most people would have been happy with a Carlo or Nuno over Jose who always has an agenda. Can Jose not get the players fired up for a crucial game against a rival? 2nd time we’ve blown a d this against a rookie manager now twice! Surely Jose as an experienced and decorated manager must have pride in his job to no get down again?

RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK bus-conductor bus-conductor

Get a room you are clearly both flirting now ... just do it

As for the game

Bitterly disappointing, we just don't seem to be able to start a game at full throttle, it was a marked improvement from Wednesday at least Chelsea were limited to far fewer decent chances, even so for 45 minutes only one team was winning and it wasn't us. Second half they score a good goal and only then do we raise our game ... for the last forty minutes we were well in control just with no cutting edge, too little too late but no faulting the players effort ... so why?

Well we're missing out two best attacking players, that would hurt any side, but we also have no physical presence in midfield, add to that we always look knackered, we keep playing sides more rested than we are, as they tire we get better but with their fresher legs we seem to be chasing the game from the off, excuses? Yes off course they are ... we have a 25 man squad we should be able to cope but for over a year we've not put out a starting eleven that has looked fully fit and rested ...

As for Mourinho? he's taken a squad that averaged 1 point a game for a year, lost his three best players (love him or loathe him Eriksen was class) and still moved us up the table and into the last 16 ... sadly I think that's as far as we get this season ... maybe the FA Cup but at some point we would need to beat a top side and that just seems beyond us right now ...

Blakey this one is for you - it's amazing how much we've missed the sheer physical presence of Sissoko - more than Kane or Son he's been the player we've missed when our midfield has been bullied week in week out - lose the midfield lose the game ....

The new lads will toughen up and fill that void, Sissoko's best days are probably over, but my god how we've missed him.

Last edited:
RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK bus-conductor bus-conductor

Get a room you are clearly both flirting now ... just do it

As for the game

Bitterly disappointing, we just don't seem to be able to start a game at full throttle, it was a marked improvement from Wednesday at least Chelsea were limited to far fewer decent chances, even so for 45 minutes only one team was winning, second half they score a god goal and only then to we raise our game ... for the last forty minutes we were well in control just no cutting edge, to little to late but no faulting the effort ... so why?

Well we're missing out two best attacking players, that would hurt any side, we're also looking knackered, we keep playing sides more rested than we are, as they tire we get better but with their fresher legs we seem to be chasing the game from the off, excuses? off course they are ... we have a 25 man squad we should be able to cope but for over a year we've not looked fit ..

As for Mourinho? he's taken a squad that averaged 1 point a game for a year, lost his three best players (love him or loathe him Eriksen was class) and still moved us up the table and into the last 16 ... sadly I think that's as far as we get this season ... maybe the FA Cup but at some point we would need to beat a top side and that just seems beyond us right now ...

Blakey this one is for you - it's amazing how much we've missed the sheer physical presence of Sissoko - more than Kane or Son he's been the player we've missed when our midfield has been bullied week in week out - lose the midfield lose the game ....

The new lads will toughen up and fill that void, Sissoko's best days are probably over, but my god how we've missed him.

We were averaging that 1 point a game with Sissoko in there every week, he also played in the home game against Chelsea when we were even more comprehensively outplayed than we were today (less ball, 1 shot v 7, and Sissoko saw the same in 90 as Ndombele did in 60 - and most of this place think he was shit today).

This team became shit because Poch started choosing fuckwit units in midfield instead of footballers. There’s lots of things I’m not liking about usright now, but having footballers who don’t spend all game hiding and pointing team mates away from them all game isn’t one of them.

Whatever our problems were/are, that dopey cunt was a big part of them, not the solution.

Last edited:
We actually have injuries to TWO key players (Son & Kane), Sissoko isn't "key".

Every team has those. But it's amazing that we've gone from having one of the best squads in the league to a team stock with underperformers and deadwood in LESS than three months.

It is my understanding that it's the manager's responsibility to have underperformers erm perform. It's in the job description.

Sissoko is Key to our midfield
Don’t underestimate him

All I can say is - Garth Brooks, fuck off.

garth-brooks-33.jpg

Back
Top Bottom