Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

garth-brooks-33.jpg

No not him :akabusi:

I fucking knew you loved it. If only you had openly admitted it earlier, you might have won your stupid poll.

You want me love it don’t you. I bet you’ve got your cock in your hand right now, staring at your poster of new Mou, wearing your Deli Alli vest and oversize cap, meanwhile your frigid wife is diddling herself in the utility room looking at her Colin Farrel 2018 calendar...

You want me love it don’t you.
Have another bash at that.
I bet you’ve got your cock in your hand right now, staring at your poster of new Mou, wearing your Deli Alli vest and oversize cap, meanwhile your frigid wife is diddling herself in the utility room looking at her Colin Farrel 2018 calendar...
I hear you missed the match today because you were in A&E, with a gerbil wedged deep inside you.

Ha ha. This is a quality cunt-off. Creative, inventive, and on a different level to the moronic ‘you’re a cunt - no you are’ nonsense we usually have to put up with. Both combatants should be knighted at the very least. It’s delightful, and a fine use of the English language. Bravo sirs, bravo.

Working all day followed by a very boring reception. Recorded the game but have just read the game thread. Not too positive. Even from people who usually find good things. Is it worth spoiling my Sunday by watching the recording or should I delete it and enjoy my Sunday lunch with a fine claret? Reading all your posts makes me wonder where are the real Spurs? When and how did this decline start and why has it been allowed to continue? We're all proud supporters and yet even the most fervent fans are finding it difficult to be positive. It's Gotterdamerung, The Day of Ragnarok. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Someone please try to explain what is (or isn't) happening if you can.

Working all day followed by a very boring reception. Recorded the game but have just read the game thread. Not too positive. Even from people who usually find good things. Is it worth spoiling my Sunday by watching the recording or should I delete it and enjoy my Sunday lunch with a fine claret? Reading all your posts makes me wonder where are the real Spurs? When and how did this decline start and why has it been allowed to continue? We're all proud supporters and yet even the most fervent fans are finding it difficult to be positive. It's Gotterdamerung, The Day of Ragnarok. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Someone please try to explain what is (or isn't) happening if you can.

Not being able to utilise one of or both of these guys certainly hasn't helped us Spanners. Officially the PL's most lethal partnership based on games to goals ratios:

vwil5854m5i41.jpg

It would literally damage any team mate.

Nathan oduwa
Adel tarabt

I just need us to keep the ball the whole day and press the opponent consistently.

Mourinho imposes tactic that forces wingback from attacking not to leave us exposed.

You want to play by the counter attack but you don't have a cm or pirlo capable of passing and he probably doesn't know what's he's doing. He hates this job clearly if you seen his reaction but 15m so much money

Even fucking alonso who was shit for Bolton had proven me wrong so many times, his pass for Mount was so accurate.

Fuck off the recording and enjoy your Sunday Spanners. There’s nothing to be gained by wallowing in misery. Have a roast potato for me you hairy scoundrel. (I’ve got a weird thing about your ears btw, but maybe that’s more appropriate for a private message).

If you are into the fantasy (or even the real thing) of watching your partner get spit roasted by you neighbours then plump up the pillows, grab a box of kleenex to keep in arms reach and fill your boots.

If that's not your thing then I'd suggest treating yourself and indulge in a double helping of Yorkshire pud.

Not being able to utilise one of or both of these guys certainly hasn't helped us Spanners. Officially the PL's most lethal partnership based on games to goals ratios:

vwil5854m5i41.jpg

It would literally damage any team mate.
Agreed. However, the decline started and continued through times when they were both fit and playing.

Fuck off the recording and enjoy your Sunday Spanners. There’s nothing to be gained by wallowing in misery. Have a roast potato for me you hairy scoundrel. (I’ve got a weird thing about your ears btw, but maybe that’s more appropriate for a private message).
Will do, Joe. Thanks. I'll have potato, a large helping of crackling and raise a glass of Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou to your very good health. Have a good Sunday.

If you are into the fantasy (or even the real thing) of watching your partner get spit roasted by you neighbours then plump up the pillows, grab a box of kleenex to keep in arms reach and fill your boots.

If that's not your thing then I'd suggest treating yourself and indulge in a double helping of Yorkshire pud.
Thanks Guido. You and Mr. Clash have set me straight. Like Mr. Dick.....if you know your Dickens.

During the Jose era or are we talking Poch times?
Poch raised us up to extremely high standards but couldn't maintain it. There are very few managers who can sustain this kind of improvement over as many seasons as he did. Then, following those infamous transfer windows, the decline began and I don't blame Poch. Jose inherited the team at rock bottom and I think he may have bitten off more than he can chew. He improved our league position somehow but looking back over the last couple of months, I don't see any real improvement in either the playing or the attitude of the players. It breaks my heart.

Poch raised us up to extremely high standards but couldn't maintain it. There are very few managers who can sustain this kind of improvement over as many seasons as he did. Then, following those infamous transfer windows, the decline began and I don't blame Poch. Jose inherited the team at rock bottom and I think he may have bitten off more than he can chew. He improved our league position somehow but looking back over the last couple of months, I don't see any real improvement in either the playing or the attitude of the players. It breaks my heart.

The Grealish summer for me felt like the beginning of the end for the Poch era, I make you right on that one. It wa a magical time when we were buzzing with him at the helm and he spoke numerous times of a tough rebuild ahead. He also dropped a few hints he would leave soon, most notably prior to the Champions League final but we are a growing football club, we'll continue to grow and we do have a good base of players to mould and make additions to.

Lloris, Sanchez, Winks, Lo Celso, Ndombele hopefully, Gedson, Sonny, Bergwijn, Dele if he can recapture something special and of course Kane sets us up pretty well. We just have to bide our time, hope we get a little luck along the way this season and see what the summer brings regarding styles of play, new additions and the next step of Tottenham Hotspur FC. You never know, we may even walk away with the FA Cup but all in all a couple of key additions can turn things on it's head. There are positives if you look at things a certain way. We've started shifting the deadwood and we have plenty of money to spend. If we get that part right absolutely we can kick on.

Watch it mate.

I believe in sharing the love. GLC's kung fu stomp was the highlight.

Take your digital box (assuming that’s how you recorded it) and find yourself a good guy who can transfer it to VHS, pay him, take it back to your house, pour a good tight measure of whiskey, neck the whiskey and then as fucking hard as possible smash the VHS off the walls, jump on it a few times and proceed to kick the living shit out of it, sit back in a good comfy chair, with another whiskey of course and savour your victory.....you will enjoy that more than the match👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom