Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll have potato, a large helping of crackling and raise a glass of Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou to your very good health.

That would genuinely please me. And I’ll raise a glass of Puligny Montrachet in your general direction Spanners. I hated Sundays as a kid, but now it’s my favourite day. Enjoy your crackling. 🍷

Mourinho has lost his magic for quite a few years. Why? Because he has never built a strong midfield group, in fact his philosophy is impeding finding the right persons. He likes strong, big and clumsy men to defend in midfield and discards small players with attacking attributes not good at defending. After all, its very difficult to overplay other teams because his team has no advantages in midfield, numbers, talents and skills.

It’s somewhere in between. Pochettino presided over an awful run of form that lasted nearly 9 months and 30 odd games. There can be no complaints about his sacking.
Bullshit. If this was normal employment ie that covered by labor laws there would be a hell of a case for constructive dismissal FFS.

So now that this BS premise has been harpooned let's see where you go from here...

Results have improved significantly under Mourinho.
As they had for the last 4-5 seasons around that time under Poch so until you show some statistical analysis showing some difference not due to chance then this statement means little. Anyone could say Poch would have done the same based on history/evidence.

The team is very unbalanced and until Mourinho gets the chance this summer to plug some of the problem areas, can’t really judge him properly.
Yeah, Levy is already making 'no money' noises...and Mou is already complaining about that which everyone and their brother already knew.

And that passiveness in big games comes from knowing you don't have enough firepower to actually win. Each time we got close and lost we needed new blood (and didn't get it). Continued losing at the last hurdle can only go on for so long.

It is going to be a long, cold winter...

Enjoy the trip. Out of interest who are you going to be cheering on today?
Next two home games, suppose I should have made that clear!! Currently supporting Tyson Fury and football wise I will be hoping for Watford & Everton & Liverpool treble.(Spam getting relegated would be too funny)Hope this clears things up,cheers.

As I said, he’ll be more comprehensively judged after he’s had a pre season. But that doesn’t meant he gets a completely free pass in the interim.
This is a minefield with PLMT. Just check my back and forth in the mou thread. It's one of those 'there shall be no judgement until conditions favor the pre-conceived judgement I'd like to make. Unless everything goes tits up then I will accept it as pre-ordained from the beginning'. Interim judgements are a no-no.

This team became shit because Poch started choosing fuckwit units in midfield instead of footballers. There’s lots of things I’m not liking about usright now, but having footballers who don’t spend all game hiding and pointing team mates away from them all game isn’t one of them.
Well, not really. It became shit because it got stale and other teams improved. We no longer press from the front and we lost the 2 most important aspects to our success from a personnel perspective in our FBs and the dominant CM2 (a pair who wouldn't have been called the most footballing of CM2s and there is a long history of 1 particular poster who constantly complained on this matter).

Post by Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 shows both Levy, in particularly, and Mou think the players are good enough. They are not. And it is finally dawning on many and it definitely should have dawned on you by now...actually significantly earlier for you so demerits there BC. Our players are shit BC. There is shit up and down our roster. Some old, some stupid, and some not fit for purpose. We could have brought in 3x as many as we did in the summer and it wouldn't have been enough.

Now, had we raided a going-down Guingamp for 3 players in the summer for what we paid for Sessegnon (a player that we have had multiple back and forths about but I'll let you figure out who's ahead on that one) then we would be miles better than we are now.

The Grealish summer for me felt like the beginning of the end for the Poch era, I make you right on that one. It wa a magical time when we were buzzing with him at the helm and he spoke numerous times of a tough rebuild ahead. He also dropped a few hints he would leave soon, most notably prior to the Champions League final but we are a growing football club, we'll continue to grow and we do have a good base of players to mould and make additions to.

Lloris, Sanchez, Winks, Lo Celso, Ndombele hopefully, Gedson, Sonny, Bergwijn, Dele if he can recapture something special and of course Kane sets us up pretty well. We just have to bide our time, hope we get a little luck along the way this season and see what the summer brings regarding styles of play, new additions and the next step of Tottenham Hotspur FC. You never know, we may even walk away with the FA Cup but all in all a couple of key additions can turn things on it's head. There are positives if you look at things a certain way. We've started shifting the deadwood and we have plenty of money to spend. If we get that part right absolutely we can kick on.
Good attitude.

Next two home games, suppose I should have made that clear!! Currently supporting Tyson Fury and football wise I will be hoping for Watford & Everton & Liverpool treble.(Spam getting relegated would be too funny)Hope this clears things up,cheers.

‘‘Twas a weak joke as they’re playing each other today
:mourbye:

Why oh why do we always fall short.

Our luck on injuries is so bad.

Yet again, we looked like a league below our opponents yesterday - there were a few nice moments, but for the vast majority of the game we were chasing our tails.

I mean for God's sake, in about the 15th minute we had a throw in and there were just no options on who to throw it to. Aren't they even practising stuff like that?

Why oh why do we always fall short.

Our luck on injuries is so bad.

Yet again, we looked like a league below our opponents yesterday - there were a few nice moments, but for the vast majority of the game we were chasing our tails.

I mean for God's sake, in about the 15th minute we had a throw in and there were just no options on who to throw it to. Aren't they even practising stuff like that?
Because it's in our nature to fall short and fail in fact if you open up the Oxford dictionary under falling short it says Tottenham Hotspur.

Bullshit. If this was normal employment ie that covered by labor laws there would be a hell of a case for constructive dismissal FFS.

So now that this BS premise has been harpooned let's see where you go from here...

As they had for the last 4-5 seasons around that time under Poch so until you show some statistical analysis showing some difference not due to chance then this statement means little. Anyone could say Poch would have done the same based on history/evidence.

Yeah, Levy is already making 'no money' noises...and Mou is already complaining about that which everyone and their brother already knew.

And that passiveness in big games comes from knowing you don't have enough firepower to actually win. Each time we got close and lost we needed new blood (and didn't get it). Continued losing at the last hurdle can only go on for so long.

It is going to be a long, cold winter...

So essentially what you’re saying in that diatribe is that after 25 points in 24 games over a 9 month period you saw positive signs in some of Pochettino’s final few games in charge, losing 2-7 at home to Bayern Munich, drawing 1-1 at home to bottom of the table Watford, losing 3-0 at Brighton, exiting the League Cup to Colchester, that Pochettino was on the cusp of turning it all around and we should have stuck with him.

Back
Top Bottom