Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...and THIS is what an insipid defeat in a London Derby does to us all...
Infighting, name calling, all of it...

Can't the players FUCKING SEE what it means to us??
Apparently not.

Thanks for fuck all Spurs.
Shame, real shame today.

Wow man honestly

You wanted Winks and Vertonghen taken off 20 minutes into the game

Now you think the line up was good enough

????????????
Tactics and personnel looked right (although I think Aurier should have played and not Vertonghen). The performances within that were way off. I'm not a Lucas fan but the 3 in midfield...

I missed the days when we actually had a midfield. With the selection today, it looked like we might get close to asserting some domination in midfield, but we were nowhere close to it.

I cannot remember a performance where all 11 players were so poor. Lloris beaten at near post and persisting with his 5 yard passes that constantly put our defence under pressure (though tbf there were far worse than him) a defence running in treacle, a terrible performance from all of our midfielders and a forward line of bumbling brainless ineptitude. Only one deserving any credit was Lamela. Absolutely dire. Players were diabolical and I am not saying it is easy for him but at what point do we start looking at Mourinho? Anti-football is ok for a time if it gets results but we just handed back momentum for the season to a very average Chelsea side

I imagine we’ll now have another round of “who’s to blame for our demise” over the next few days with the inevitable cunt-offs between Levy sympathisers and haters.

Here’s my take.

The Club - Has made mistakes in recent years. Bad recruitment, taking too long to get deals over the line, poor contract management of our players and under-funding have left us in a precarious position squad wise. The lack of a striker low on my list of reasons to be upset. The lack of a credible DCM, a good right back or left back a much bigger problem.

The players - Poor today. Too many seemed apathetic and making silly mistakes. I still believe we have an excellent XI even without Kane and Son and they’re not showing it.

Jose - Really needs to buck his ideas up. Jose has had very simplistic tactics for a number of years; be defensively solid and rely on quality attacking players to get you goals at the other end. He needs to adapt and modernise and quickly. He has been tactically outmanoeuvred by Lampard twice this season, that isn’t good enough. As with any manager, the poor quality football is acceptable when coupled with results. When we are losing and getting played off the park by Leipzig and Chelsea, it isn’t. What frustrates me most is that I believe we have a team who can go toe to toe with both those sides. I’m not saying we are at City or Liverpool’s level - but those 2 we absolutely have the quality to outplay and beat. Jose doesn’t believe that, and I’m finding that infuriating.

A back three against Giroud should have been more than capable.

And Ndombele and Lo Celso in the midfield should also have the ability to control a game.

No one turned up. Bar perhaps Sanchez, Bergwijn and Lamela.

Chelsea weren't even good. Pretty poor infact. We were just worse.
I don't get why we played so deep when they didn't have much pace up front. Odd.

From the owner down, it’s a winning mentality. It’s not driven by money. It’s driven by a winning attitude. Unlike from above at Spurs where it’s about the money and not the glory. Chelsea, as much as I hate them, just don’t tolerate the same ineptitude that we do.
Chelsea are not about the money? Chelsea are Chelsea because of the money. Fuck me mate lol!

What are you fucking talking about? Up until the last seven days we’d been on our best run of results for a year. Just won three games on the spin for the first time in 18 months. With Sissoko we didn’t win an away game for a fucking calendar year.

Why do you think Pochettino ended up getting the fucking sack? The primary reason was because our midfield had disappeared.

We'd have won the Champions league with Skipp basically, innit Blakey.

We bought a sexy midfield and are weak as fuck in the middle yet it'll forever the fate or Dier & Sissoko to be to blame.

Mate you honestly know nothing about football. I bet when we were getting stomped 3-0 but playing the shitty awful spursy way under Poch you were wanking off at the idea of a “noble loss”

Well the spursy way is shit. The problem this season is we have absolutely terrible players that are so ingrained in a culture of being shit and cowardly under Poch it’s hard to get it out of them. Our players are terrible every single one of them.
Embarrassing post on so many levels.

We suddenly seemed to start to play from the back again but as we don't play that way anymore the players couldn't work out how to get out. Mourinho is confusing the players on an approach to play the game. He's lost.

Sad really, Chelsea didn’t have an amazing game we just never really showed up.

On the first goal, how do Chelsea players get 3 crack at the net without us getting a boot on the ball? Absolutely unacceptable. On the second goal, just bad man marking by Tanganga. Mental mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom