CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what happen ms with shot tactics. Even Brighton gave them a gane. All we have done is try to hold!
That goal is all down to jasphet being on a yellow. Bet tuchel has told Hudson to run at him. Conte at fault as el for not taking him off this keeping a liability in the team which Chelsea would exploit.

3 matches against Chelsea this month. 3 matches where Tanganga loses his man, messes up his marking, and otherwise screws up defensively and hands goals to our opponent.

Not good enough. How many times does he have to show it against the same team???

It's not corruption, it's incompetence.

The contact is minimal, nowhere near enough to cause Silva to go down. He dives. It's the same situation as when Bergwijn dived for a free kick and it wasn't given about 10 minutes beforehand. If the contact isn't enough to cause you to go down, you can't fake it and try and earn a free kick.

Maybe people would, but that wouldn't mean they're right to do so. Most neutrals and both commentators on the game didn't think it was a foul, so this isn't a 'crazy spurs fans thinking world is against them' situation, it's a legitimate mistake by the ref.
I think it was a perfectly good goal

it is also a sad indictment of how the game is refereed these days

My point was - that if things were reversed, and it had been given, nobody on here would have been campaigning for it being a refereeing success

Frustrate Chelsea and nick something on the break. It's not pretty but it's result based tactics rather than trying to play them at their game which will probably see us get turned over easily.

We might come up short with tired legs and minds 2nd half but I can understand what Conte is doing and why.
I'm not blaming Conte. I'm blaming the Chariman for assembling this squad.

Back
Top Bottom