Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Inter may be an underwhelming destination for him but have Inter seen him play recently?
Have you seen Inter play recently? They look pretty good, top of the league right now and it could be an attractive proposition to help them win it. I can see him doing very well there.

Inter hot track Eriksen
tuttosport4.jpg

My Inter mates on the WP group are 100% certain that he's going to Inter for 20-23M €. Would like the trade with Bale or James more, but, considering we're most likely going to get Gio in a permanent deal, I'm not that mad about this deal. A bit weird though, that he wanted a step-up, and Inter is at best a step sideways in my opinion. If it comes true and he leaves in January, I wish him good luck, however I won't be as appreciative to his contribute as I am to Dembele's etc. He'd be just another Modric for me.

Exactly. Anyone who believes that no one came in for him at all last Summer is incredibly naive.
Eriksen wanted to leave, our manager wanted him gone, we should have let him go, replaced him and moved on.

Yet the most interest reported anywhere was a) Eriksen being on a list of names for RM that also included Pogba & Van De Beek (and that Zidane didn't actually want him) or b) courted by Man United (a move that Eriksen was alleged not to be keen on).

Whilst I'm not claiming any of that to be concrete fact (simply media chatter) it's slightly more credible that baseless fan assumption.

Makes me laugh; as much as a tight cunt as Levy is made out to be, it seems awfully contradictory that he'd happily sit back and see CE leave for zilch if (as you claim) his manager didn't even want him.... Which in itself is curious given we've been reported to have been waving contracts at him long into THIS season (under both Poch & Jose's reigns).

Modric was a brilliant midfielder for us and certainly also in his last season, even though he was disappointed that he hadn't made a transfer in the summer (of 2011).
He was incredible for us, but, let's be honest, he was no Bale (just like even in 2016/17, Eriksen was no Kane), and as you said, he was dissapointed after 2011 (although I don't remember him downing tools as much as Eriksen).

I don't think he is overrated. His stats speak for themselves.

A major problem for him is probably the stinker of an attitude, that he has been displaying throughout 2019, and clubs who look to make marquee signings rather don't like that.

The top clubs obviously disagree with you.

He was incredible for us, but, let's be honest, he was no Bale (just like even in 2016/17, Eriksen was no Kane), and as you said, he was dissapointed after 2011 (although I don't remember him downing tools as much as Eriksen).

I would have had modric over bale any day. Modric was a pure footballing genius. His ability with 2-3 men around him was a joy to watch. Modric and peak Dembele in the middle of the park. Imagine that now

Back
Top Bottom