Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My eldest son who has managed to be a Liverpool fan thanks to his mother suggested his performance on Saturday warranted booing from the Spurs fans. That's an opposition fan picking that up.

Hearing José say that he acknowledges he isn't playing well and he knows why, but saying he's still going to pick him has fucking annoyed me.

Play Lamela and Lo Celso for a half each if necessary but just keep Eriksen away.
Maybe it’s a double-bluff: threatening Eriksen with having to play and half-heartedly take corners, tackle, head the ball - or sign the Milan contract and be in his way?

My eldest son who has managed to be a Liverpool fan thanks to his mother suggested his performance on Saturday warranted booing from the Spurs fans. That's an opposition fan picking that up.

Hearing José say that he acknowledges he isn't playing well and he knows why, but saying he's still going to pick him has fucking annoyed me.

Play Lamela and Lo Celso for a half each if necessary but just keep Eriksen away.

I'm guessing your eldest son knows your stance on Eriksen. Would this be the first time a son has told his father something he believed his father wanted to hear, whether it was truth or not?

It’s sad that it’s come to this because when he wants it he is a wonderful footballer. He was a better player than VDV but given a choice the latter would be in my team of the ‘10s as his attitude is light years head of Eriksens.

Not when he wants but when he was committed to the cause.

I think the sadness is Pochettino misread it very badly as I heard no talk or desire from Eriksen to stay.

Not at all easy and wrong to lay blame but it feels as though it was an avoidable outcone in that we will get little for such an asset.

C'est la vie.

I was listening to the Totally Football Show today and the point was made that Eriksen was embarrassed by the manner of our victory in Amsterdam last May. They referenced the stark contrast between his body language and that of the rest of our squad, management, etc, and also played a little bit of a post-match interview he did where he said Ajax played the better football over the two legs.

In this article is also says...

"Paris Saint-Germain have sought to take advantage and indicated they will meet Spurs' valuation - believed to be around £25m - but Eriksen and his camp do not feel he will get sufficient gametime at the Parc des Princes."

Frustrating we've let it get to this point.

Plus the fact he doesn't want to play in the shite league that is Ligue1

I can see how 250 appearances in just over 5 seasons under Poch has drawn you to that conclusion.

I'm not saying it was always like that under Poch, but I think something happened over the summer. Maybe he would have preferred to make the move to Madrid, but that doesn't mean he didn't want to play for Spurs anymore. Once the window closed, Poch benched him, saying his head wasn't in the right place, and the media was rife with reports that Eriksen didn't want to play for Spurs anymore. But who really knows...maybe Poch was just trying to cover for benching him for what he felt was a betrayal of the club?

Whilst there is no doubt Eriksen is playing to protect himself, no chance of a tackle going in, even at half speed he still puts up better numbers than most players in the EPL ... yesterday

70 passes at 84% with one KP ... not good for him but same game LoCelso 69 at 78% and Lamela 57 at 89% ... so a half speed Eriksen was still probably our most effective midfield player with the ball.

His head is not in the game but no question wherever he goes if he gets his head right he will be fantastic. Form is temporary class is permanent.

and - two corners both cleared the first man - will miracles never cease?

Every Eriksen pass goes sideways or backwards these days, just another post using stats without context.

If you believe Eriksen was more effective than Lamela, Lucas and Lo Celso with the ball then there really is no hope.
Me and Mourinho ... but then what does he know.

"He played very well. Played very well, very professional which is what I expect from him. If his decision is to leave I think he has to leave with his head up, if he gives everything which is what he tries to do for the team. Fans, it's always to respect, we have to respect but I think the boy did it for us today"

Me and Mourinho ... but then what does he know.

"He played very well. Played very well, very professional which is what I expect from him. If his decision is to leave I think he has to leave with his head up, if he gives everything which is what he tries to do for the team. Fans, it's always to respect, we have to respect but I think the boy did it for us today"

Where on earth in that quote does he say CE was better than anyone?????

Back
Top Bottom