Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks Chris.. once used to be a joy to watch you spray the ball around WHL..but you've completely lost heart and effort. I cannot recall the last 50/50 you actually committed to and that's not good enough! Bye.

pray that Levy reinvests the money ASAP.

Could have left a legend. Shame he will not be remembered in that way. To be fair he didn't do a Berbatov etc and they get a lot of praise.
I see what you mean but very different scenario imo. Berb had offer from Manu but Spurs didn't want to sell while Eriksen said he wanted to leave last summer , Spurs didn't object but no offers.

Last edited:
Been a great player for us , would be foolish to say otherwise

I struggle to remember him ever showing up and bossing the crucial matches though

With maybe the Chelsea semi final being the exception , a couple of great assists that day

Incredibly bored with this by now. I'd not give shit, if it wasn't because we STILL were forced to watch him play every single game.

Just drop him. That'd end this cringy saga soon enough.

and did you ever stop to wonder why he is still playing ? maybe the manager thinks the team needs CE because he is the best midfielder THFC has got even playing out of position in a defensive setup - that would be my guess - but i suppose the table will show whether spurs need CE or not at the end of the season...

...but i hope THFC will find a suitable substitution for CE in this transfer window - it wont come cheap but i guess Levy knows that allready. The youth prospect from portugal wont make a differece - maybe Vecino will will be well suited for the defensive type of football Mourinho prefers - but dont expect any goals...

Inter wants Eriksen... but low cost..

gazza17.jpg

corr17.jpg

You need to take your blinkers off mate. He has been terrible this season and certainly hasn’t been our best midfielder in terms of performance. In fact he is probably one of the reasons why we are 8th in the Premier League because we have been playing with 10 men when he has been on the pitch.
true - he has not been at his best since last season (4 months) partly due to mental fatigue party due to the more defensive and reactive style of football THFC has been playing lately. If you expect CE to be a defensive midfielder, you will become disapointed - thats what we saw against liverpool for instance. When the team is set up for offensive football - like against norwich and middlesboro - he is a lot better. Unfortunately most THFC-fans dont take this into consideration when evaluating his performances....and another thing - CE needs to play with players that PASS the ball - unfortunately Dele Alli, Wanyama, Sissoku, Moura, Lamela, Son have a tendency to run with the ball slowing down the transition play and giving the opponents time to close down any openings that develop when you pass and move to another position in stead of running forward with the ball at your feet. The signing of Mourinho as the new manager is of course not a positive when considering the type of player CE is. So now he is moving on - probably best for all - but please consider - he has been instrumental in developing THFC from a mediocre premier league club to a contender - in my opinion this deserves respect - nomatter how he has performed for the last 4 months...

Last edited:
true - ha has not been at his best since last season (4 months) partly due to mental fatigue party due to the more defensive and reactive style of football THFC has been playing lately. If you expect CE to be a defensive midfielder, you will become disapointed - thats what we saw against liverpool for instance. When the team is set up for offensive football - like against norwich and middleboro - he is a lot better. Unfortunately most THFC dont take this into consideration when evaluationg his performances....and another thing - CE needs to play with players that PASS the ball - unfortunately Dele Alli, Wanyama, Sissoku, Moura, Lamela, Son have a tendency to run with the ball slowing down the transition play and giving the opponents time to close down any openings that develop when you pass and move to another position in stead of running forward with the ball at your feet. The signing of Mourinho as the new manager is of course not a positive when considering the type of player CE is. So now he is moving on - probably best for all - but please consider - he has been instrumental in developing THFC from a mediocre premier league club to a contender - in my opinion this deserves respect - nomatter how he has performed for the last 4 months...

“CE needs to play with players that pass the ball...”
But Eriksen is supposed to be the player that passes the ball isn’t he?
As for slowing down play that you accuse Lamela etc of doing does Eriksen not do this then?
Why are you guessing the reasons for Eriksen not being at his best and then presenting them as facts?We don’t really know why he has been so poor but it all sounds like excuses to me

I suppose mental fatigue has been a part of the dip in form of the whole squad - not only CE - but it is obviously a guess. CE rarely tries to run with the ball - he is more inclined to pas the ball to a teammate who has moved into a better position or play the through ball into an open space. This is why the pace of game changes whenever CE is on the ball (if he spots an opportunity). If his teammates are more inclined to run against the opponent with the ball they will very often loose the ball and THFC will have to try to regain posession - this slows down the attacing game and makes the opponent much more comfortable in the defence - to open up a modern well organized defensive line you need to move the defenders sideways and need to make them chase the ball creation openings behind or between them. This is what THFC have been doing so brilliantly for the last 4 seasons - i dont think CE has been "poor" the last 4 months - he has struggled under a new tactical approach and with mental issues after the dissapointing final in the champions league - like some of the other stars on the team (Kane, Dele Alli, Alderweild etc..) - this however does not explain the lack of respect some of the THFC supporters...

I understand that we are so bad in the midfield that even an astral projection of Eriksen is deemed good enough to start, but this situation is just bizarre. It‘s not really fair on Eriksen to expect him to perform in these circumstances. He could be literally hours away from a transfer.

It’s gamesmanship. Every game is a risk he could get injured to force their hand. Obviously he’s unlikely to get injured playing at 12%.

Against Boro he was in a position to score at least twice and bottled shooting. What the fuck.

He just wants a change, he’s been here for 7 years.

I think he’s had to accept that he is not good enough to play for a truly elite club and Inter is probably the best level he can hope for.
Or just accepted the fact that the one's he wanted just didn't come in for him, but he's made his bed and now he has to leave.

I've no hatred for him and while he has been below par for a long time there has been literally no-one who has stepped up.

Bit like Bruno Fernandes playing last night, not his best game by a long way hardly made one attempted tackle in 90 minutes, not that he's very good at tackling anyway but he normally has a go.

Think he is destined for Utd and I reckon they will be in for a bit off a shock No question Bruno is a top player but he has a pass completion rate of around 75% ... that means he losses the ball one in four times, that's OK when you are playing tier two teams most weeks but in the EPL? ... Pogba was constantly slaughtered for 'giving the ball away' yet he has a pass rate over 80%

another comparison Eriksen playing at half-pace has still managed over 80% this season ...

Don't get me wrong Bruno would be a huge signing, but at their best Erlksen is still the better player.

how many times does Alexis Sanchez lose the ball?

how many times does Alexis Sanchez lose the ball?
Not many these days unless it's in training ... lol ... when he was playing more he was around 80% at Barca and 78% at Woolwich ... but he's a totally different player. Bruno is a class act would love us to sign him, still think he'll struggle at OT but he could be an absolute star ... be nice to see him in the EPL.

If only it had been 4mths. Its been about 13 or 14mths. He started to down tools around Nov/Dec 2018.
i guess your memory needs some help - eriksen was brilliant in 18/19 playing an essential role in the champions league and doing well in the premiership. Christian Eriksen Statistics | Premier League 8 goals and 12 assists in the premiership i would claim is acceptable - just to remind you - harry kane made 17 goals and 4 assists - but i guess you think he was shite too?

But most of Eriksen’s passes are now tippy tappy 5 yard sideways risk free passes. You compare that to Lo Celso who probably has a lower completion rate but at least he is always looking to play forward. So pass completion rate is a pretty worthless statistic in my book
sometimes i wonder if you people watch the games at all. i found this little neet instruction video describing how to play as a CAM

Kane played 8 fewer PL games than Eriksen but contributed to more goals. Eriksen very nearly cost us in the QFs with his pass to Aguero, he offered nothing in the semi-final and didn't step up at all in the final. To claim he was essential is laughable but I wouldn't expect anything less from a Dane that has no interest in Spurs.
Ad hominem is allways an option - rarely a good one...who cares - you dont deserve a player of CEs obvious quality - i gues THFC is more suited for the harry winks of the world - good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom