Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's hope Mr Ausilio (whoever he is) is not telling fibs or made a silly offer:

🙏

Aussilio is just a donkey, if it was for him Levy would've sold Eriksen to him for £35M or more ages ago. It's Marotta that's pulling the strings, and he's just as irritiating to deal with as Levy.

[QUOTE = "doktordanny1, post: 2177670, membro: 14319"]
sono d'accordo con alcuni di ciò che stai scrivendo, tuttavia non credo che nessuno al di fuori del Regno Unito sarebbe d'accordo sul fatto che il THFC sia un club più grande dell'Inter. Il tuo commento sull'attitudine e le prestazioni dei CE è vero nel senso che questo è esattamente ciò di cui i fan del THFC non sono soddisfatti - non sono sicuro che abbiano ragione. Penso che CE stia facendo del suo meglio per influenzare i giochi in una squadra in cui tutti sono sottoperformati (CE incluso) e in cui lo stile di gioco è stato modificato in modo significativo da uno stile altamente pressante basato sul possesso a uno stile britannico più tradizionale con palle lunghe focalizzate, vincere le seconde palle con un sacco di affrontare e segnare sul contropiede. CE ha giocato un ruolo più difensivo negli ultimi giochi a causa di questo cambiamento tattico - un ruolo che non gli si adatta molto bene. Sono d'accordo che non si adatta all'attuale squadra con l'attuale manager - ma vorrei che il THFC e il CE dicessero che la sua partenza era stata accolta con un po 'di comprensione e rispetto dai fedeli del Tottenham - ha dato a THFC molti dei suoi migliori anni da giocatore ed è stato senza dubbio il miglior centrocampista in THFC da quando è stato modico - questo, credo, richiede rispetto. e NON gli è stato dato alcun rispetto da una parte significativa dei fan di THFC da un po 'di tempo - e questo è, secondo me, al di sotto dei normali standard dei fan di THFC e THFC.
[/CITAZIONE]

Tottenam:

INTER MILAN:

prima di confrontarti con l'Inter devi ancora fare molta strada

Fidati di mourinho
go Tottenham

I live in Albania, and the overwhelming majority of people support the big 3 Italian clubs (AC - Juve - Inter in that order), and I have asked 2 of my mates just this summer (Inter fans), if an AC Milan, Inter and Tottenham contract would be offered with the exact same wages, where would you go? To my surprise, they didn't pick Inter... Inter have more trophies and history of winning than us, sure, but in terms of global expenditure, revenue, etc. Spurs are a class above.
Albania...fair enough - you know two guys - this doesnt change my opinion though...

The fact that Eriksen is a talented player and he might prove to be a success at his next club doesn't mean that he's still the right player for us. We are criticizing him because of his rotten attitude and the generally terrible performances he's put in for more than a year.

If he goes to Inter it's because a bigger club didn't come calling for him. I'm sure he had been dreaming to go there instead of Real Madrid or Barcelona. We're also bigger than Inter.

agree with most of that but I’d say inter are correctly considered a substantially larger club than us.

Currently worth 90m yet can't even get 20 for him....

....Fanbois. :harrysmile:

Are we ignoring that the main reason for this is that 20m is still a vast sum of money for European clubs (which are the only ones he's prepared to play for having turned down ManU already) that becomes 0m in 5 months time?

If Eriksen would accept any club and he was under contract there would a queue a mile long around PL/Europe happy to pay 60m + for a 27yo who can play about 5 positions and averages about 20 goal/assists a season for the last 5.

hell hath no fury like a scorned fanboy eh..

Are we ignoring that the main reason for this is that 20m is still a vast sum of money for European clubs (which are the only ones he's prepared to play for having turned down ManU already) that becomes 0m in 5 months time?

If Eriksen would accept any club and he was under contract there would a queue a mile long around PL/Europe happy to pay 60m + for a 27yo who can play about 5 positions and averages about 20 goal/assists a season for the last 5.

hell hath no fury like a scorned fanboy eh..

I'm ignoring nothing mate. Geezer before me was waving around an alleged current value of 90m like it meant something ....

"Ignoring" the reality, you could say.

He's not under a decent length contract so that's immaterial....

I still maintain that if, with a year left, we'd have received a circa 50m offer from a club he wanted in the summer he'd have gone.

Last edited:
Not sure I agree with the term “substantially larger than us.” They haven’t won anything since 2011, their average attendances are roughly in line with ours (though their stadium holds 80k) and their income is 14th in Europe compared to our 8th. Yes I agree that historically they have won more trophies than us but the Premier League is more competitive than Serie A. Think you might be doing Spurs a bit of a disservice

I guess it depends how you rate club size. Personally would say a club with 18 top class league titles and 3 European cup titles among a host of other trophies is substantially larger purely on that basis. I don’t consider the Italian league to be THAT second rate if you know what I mean, they still compete, although are in a rut.

I get that others weight revenue and league pull as bigger factors, but in a competitive sport that’s a bit of a nonsense to me.

Based off of talk in Inter circles Spurs and Inter are in agreement and want the deal done as soon as possible. But now it is his agent that is the problem as he wants a sizeable bonus. Marotta, the new Inter President has apparently promised that if the agent doesn't strike a deal with us within the next day he will step in and mediate it.

Why the fuck would/should he get a bonus from US?

Back
Top Bottom