Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Screen-Shot-2017-02-07-at-13.13.39.jpg

Video assistant referee is ruining the game. I fucken hate it
Indeed. So many things wrong with it today:
Ages to make a decision; ref seemed to have no confidence in his ability so starting referring everything; players acting like cunts drawing TVs in the air; the poor bastards at the game we're left in the total dark, etc, etc.
Shouldn't be getting trialed in big cup games. Fucking iron out the kinks in some lower league games first.

Video assistant referee is ruining the game. I fucken hate it

It's supposedly only for when a ref has definitely got something wrong.

The pen he gave Liverpool on that basis was scandalous, watch it a million times and he didn't 'definitely' get it wrong by not giving a penalty first time round. If anything on replay Salah would get a retrospective ban for diving.

Indeed. So many things wrong with it today:
Ages to make a decision; ref seemed to have no confidence in his ability so starting referring everything; players acting like cunts drawing TVs in the air; the poor bastards at the game we're left in the total dark, etc, etc.
Shouldn't be getting trialed in big cup games. Fucking iron out the kinks in some lower league games first.
It's been used in other countries for a while now and the flaws with it have been clear from the start. I don't think fans over here appreciated just what a massive impact it has on the game. It's not "Oh now my team won't have any injustices committed against us by crap refs", it changes the entire dynamic of the sport. The worst thing is that it's designed for TV audiences, if you're actually there you don't have a fucking clue what is going on and are just twiddling your thumbs for a few minutes while they decide what to do. Totally killing the atmosphere.

It also leads to ludicrous moments like I saw in a european league game the other week where a team scored, play started again and then a few minutes later the goal got discounted. If that isn't football being fundamentally ruined I don't know what it is.

I doubt there's anything that can be done to stop VAR from being rolled out to the Premier League now, it seems like an inevitability. It's a huge mistake though and there's nothing that can be done to iron out the flaws because the entire system has so much wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom