Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guess he is looking at history, not sure his specific point. Liverpool a city I know very well due to family was the only city to go pretty much full Marxist in the 80’s, it’s about as anti-Tory as you can get these days.

It is also well known as the most Irish large city in the world outside of Ireland, beating both Glasgow and Boston. I think some estimates that 50% plus of the population is still of Irish descent although that also includes Protestant northerners.

Unlike Glasgow while it did have sectarianism in the past it never got like Glasgow which divided into Celtic and Rangers, Catholic and Protestant. Scouse bonds where stronger mostly than Glaswegian bonds but Liverpool was the proddie team and Everton the Catholic although that was a very long time ago which is not the case in Glasgow.
Wrong no sectarian divide in Liverpool teams.

Merson says he thinks Klopp is so good he could get Rotherham into the PL. Maybe he could.

What I would say is that I think Klopp with the exact same players Pochettino had at his disposal would have won us at least one and probably 2 or 3 trophies.

No doubt in my mind.

Wrong no sectarian divide in Liverpool teams.

there was a sectarian divide with Liverpool and Everton many many decades ago, it was just never as pronounced or aggressive as Glasgow and pretty much died out. Half my family is from Liverpool, my mum remembers the orange order marching back in the day.

Merson says he thinks Klopp is so good he could get Rotherham into the PL. Maybe he could.

What I would say is that I think Klopp with the exact same players Pochettino had at his disposal would have won us at least one and probably 2 or 3 trophies.

No doubt in my mind.

Hasn't Klopp only won one trophy? Needing a ref assist and a spurs choke to limp over the line after 5 final bottlejobs.

No doubt in my mind.

I doubt that, our squad is not comparable to this current Liverpool team.

Did you read the post properly?

yes. You said Klopp with the same players Poch had at his disposal would have won 1 maybe 2 or 3 trophies I assume you mean league and CL rather than League Cup. I just don’t think he would, our squad during the last season at WHL was good but nowhere as all round good as the current Liverpool side.

No doubt in my mind.
disagree. Klopp had bet the farm on VVD/Becker and his other big signings. Prior to splashing the cash they were the exact same as us (Semi-finalist, losing finalist)
When we were closer in spend and talent we were fairly matched. The difference is they were more ruthless in getting players in and out. Levy's influence meant our deadwood (GKN, N'Jie, Vinny etc) stayed longer than perhaps they should have and we were unable to get new players in.
Re the semis and finals we played in:2015 League cup - our team had Mason, Bentaleb, and Chadli they had Hazard, Costa and Fabregas. We lost to a more talented team.
2017 FA Cup semi final much closer than the score suggests plus we had to put Sonny as a WB. They could keep Costa and Hazard on the bench!
2018 FA Cup semi final - well there really is no excuse. We were Mou'd.
2019 CL Final - Poch's big mistake - Kane. But how many of us would have gone with Lucas?
So really 2 big matches we could have and should have won, the rest either way.
Klopp would probably not have made much difference

Dosen't quite fit with the working class image they like to represent.

ELMawx9XYAQsxs1.jpg

(Set up by a Tory)
Scousers generally hate everybody.

No doubt in my mind.

Ours don't have it mentally. They've proved that on more than one occasion. Its one thing I hope Mourinho can solve, but I won't hold my breath.

What. A. Bunch. Of. Cunts.
Tearful.

You can expect some 'witty' banner on the Kop following this shite.

Just thank your lucky stars you don't have to live in the same city as this Cult.

Back
Top Bottom