Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, I remember that.
Yeah, obviously I wasn't around then (if the username didn't give it away), but I think either their chairman or a director tried to blame Chelsea fans as he heard "cockney accents", like a) Liverpool arguably didn't have even more glory hunting fans then than they do now, and b} Wouldn't "cockney" accents point more towards West Ham than Chelsea?

Personally felt that was a harsh yellow but you don’t immediately then make a reckless tackle just after. Both their reds where the fault of players being stupid.

Should of had one before he got his first though for a nasty challenge on Sarr or Biss.

Destiny also got a yellow for getting the ball earlier on.

All this talk about the first red and anyone who's played the game knows it shouldn't be a red (total bollocks it's called reckless and dangerous you don't have to mean it to break someone's leg) but no one really mentioning that if you have played the game you know when your on a yellow you dont go lunging in.

They have had one really bad call go against them and this is the meltdown.

All the media saying there where robbed is pissing me off also. If they get that goal we legit could have gone on to win 7-1 for all anyone fucking knows we legit dominated them even before the second sending off and if not for Allison would and maybe should have been 4-1 up.

I think the media are slowly realising they have opened up a huge can of worms though and they have trying to climb down from the high horse they put themselves and the Scousers on.

Last edited:
Naaah, let them scream and squirm ... let them focus on that instead of their players stupididy... let them live in the past instead of looking towards future.

All I care about those fuckwits is that I hope we turn up and give them proper fight at Anfield.
Now if we could somehow take 1:0 win from questionable penalty on 98th minute after 3 of their goals have been taken by VAR would make this actually even sweeter. Could marinate meat in their salty tears :D :D :D

The blame was initiated by John Smith, the Liverpool chairman. His words were along the lines of 'there were southern accents heard in the crowd' and I think he specifically put the blame at Chelsea fans. Absurd.

No social media at the time of course, so a chairman's words in the national press carried significant weight - newspapers were the main source of information, albeit usually 24 hours after the event.
yet when the front doors went in it was addreses in Merseyside,cheshire etc.funny that

ooh - an appeal!!

Cue doubling of suspension for taking the piss

Hmmm, Casemiro got a red for the same tackle last season (and did not appeal). Surely Liverpool wouldn't want their player to be treated any differently? There's sporting integrity to consider...

It's quite sad that just because Bissoumas leg didn't break, they think it's worthy of an appeal.

It was a red card ffs. It's one of those where if it happened to one of your players, you'd think it was harsh because he does just roll over the ball, but due to that, it still ended up being dangerous. If that was Romero or Richarlison on one of theirs, they'd be up in arms saying how these thugs could have done serious damage etc. etc.

It's quite sad that just because Bissoumas leg didn't break, they think it's worthy of an appeal.

It was a red card ffs. It's one of those where if it happened to one of your players, you'd think it was harsh because he does just roll over the ball, but due to that, it still ended up being dangerous. If that was Romero or Richarlison on one of theirs, they'd be up in arms saying how these thugs could have done serious damage etc. etc.

It's only wrong if it happens to Liverpool, always remember that.

It's Everton I feel sorry for. I mean, I know our rivals are weird fuckers but this lot take the fucking biscuit. Imagine having to be rivals with this bunch of soppy attention seeking fulltime victims

The BBC have nailed exactly what a tribute to Franny Lee would look like from Liverpool...

Screenshot-2023-10-02-162106.png

Back
Top Bottom