Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jürgen Klopp criticised the atmosphere inside Anfield as Liverpool ran amok against West Ham United to reach the Carabao Cup semi-finals, and called on the stadium to become a cauldron for Woolwich’s visit on Saturday.

Klopp said that he was unhappy with the backing his side had received during last night’s 5-1 victory as goals from Dominik Szoboszlai, Curtis Jones, who scored two, Cody Gakpo and the substitute Mohamed Salah sealed passage into the last four of the competition, where Liverpool will play Fulham over two legs.

The Liverpool manager put that to one side, however, and took the unusual step of claiming his side’s performance was not appreciated fully by the crowd. He demanded that there is an improvement in the Premier League showdown with Mikel Arteta’s side. Woolwich have provoked the crowd on their past two visits to Anfield, with incidents involving Arteta and Granit Xhaka.

“I thought in the first half when the boys played really exceptionally, I was not overly happy with the atmosphere,” Klopp said. “I asked people, ‘What do they want?’ We changed a lot of things and dominated West Ham like crazy.
“If I was in the stands I would be on my toes, 1,000 per cent. I don’t know if the Manchester United game was that bad that we have to say, ‘Sorry we didn’t smash them.’ We need Anfield on Saturday. Woolwich didn’t play this [mid]week, they prepared for this game and anyone who knows anything about them knows they will be prepared.
He is correct. The majority of premier league atmospheres are poor and fans could often do more to support their teams.

Jürgen Klopp criticised the atmosphere inside Anfield as Liverpool ran amok against West Ham United to reach the Carabao Cup semi-finals, and called on the stadium to become a cauldron for Woolwich’s visit on Saturday.

Klopp said that he was unhappy with the backing his side had received during last night’s 5-1 victory as goals from Dominik Szoboszlai, Curtis Jones, who scored two, Cody Gakpo and the substitute Mohamed Salah sealed passage into the last four of the competition, where Liverpool will play Fulham over two legs.

The Liverpool manager put that to one side, however, and took the unusual step of claiming his side’s performance was not appreciated fully by the crowd. He demanded that there is an improvement in the Premier League showdown with Mikel Arteta’s side. Woolwich have provoked the crowd on their past two visits to Anfield, with incidents involving Arteta and Granit Xhaka.

“I thought in the first half when the boys played really exceptionally, I was not overly happy with the atmosphere,” Klopp said. “I asked people, ‘What do they want?’ We changed a lot of things and dominated West Ham like crazy.
“If I was in the stands I would be on my toes, 1,000 per cent. I don’t know if the Manchester United game was that bad that we have to say, ‘Sorry we didn’t smash them.’ We need Anfield on Saturday. Woolwich didn’t play this [mid]week, they prepared for this game and anyone who knows anything about them knows they will be prepared.
Everyone has misunderstood Jurgen. He's quite clearly saying, "Vee need Enfield." Anfield's got nothing to do with it.
Although why anyone in their right mind would want Enfield is quite beyond me. The bloke's mad.

Klopp critciisng his fans is the last thing I thought I'd see.

He has form. During the height of the dippers faking lab results in order to match fix, he spat venom at fans who probably named their kids Jurgen who dared to high five him.

1_Jurgen-Klopp.jpg

He is correct. The majority of premier league atmospheres are poor and fans could often do more to support their teams.
Every Clubs fault. Everywhere is corporate.
Im in ireland and used to get over a few times a season. Places i used to book with are struggling to get tickets for games. Saying its virtually impossible to get tickets for clubs and if you do the prices are sky rocketing.
Corporate tickets = shit atmosphere

Im in ireland and used to get over a few times a season. Places i used to book with are struggling to get tickets for games. Saying its virtually impossible to get tickets for clubs and if you do the prices are sky rocketing.
Agree Go on son

This year I'm a member after six years as ST holder. I have or will attend three games so far this season. Prices as follows:

Newcastle (east upper) £95
Everton (south stand) £63
Bournemouth (south stand) £70

'Premium tickets' - of which there are far more of looking on ticket exchange - go for between £200 and £300. That isn't right.

We could learn a lot from teams in shitter leagues. Why do fans in stadiums in Turkey, Croatia, etc bounce so much? Even Aberdeen are getting a rep now for fucking up everywhere they go with pyro. And snowballs a couple of weeks back in Finland. 😂
Good, hopefully the horsefaced kraut has the scousers shouting in a frenzy of phlegm and anger that will cause the gooners to shit themselves and receive a good beating.
Won’t affect Woolwich. Arteta will have had his Sonos out on the training pitch this week, playing the best of Gerry and the Pacemakers. Not a huge playlist to be fair.

Agree Go on son

This year I'm a member after six years as ST holder. I have or will attend three games so far this season. Prices as follows:

Newcastle (east upper) £95
Everton (south stand) £63
Bournemouth (south stand) £70

'Premium tickets' - of which there are far more of looking on ticket exchange - go for between £200 and £300. That isn't right.

I just don’t believe ticket prices need to be that high. Maybe the players would all like to take pay cuts so that prices could go down and more fans be able to go. Or how about each PL club has to provide free tickets which can’t be sold on (say 1,000) to schools within a local radius of the ground just for starters.

I just don’t believe ticket prices need to be that high. Maybe the players would all like to take pay cuts so that prices could go down and more fans be able to go. Or how about each PL club has to provide free tickets which can’t be sold on (say 1,000) to schools within a local radius of the ground just for starters.

This is what always annoys me when the response offered to "The players get paid too much" is "Well, who should get all the money that the game generates then? ....The owners?"....

........The answer is staring these fuckers in the face. THE COMMON FAN SHOULD PAY LESS.

The answer to atmos has and always will be to get as many teens and-20 somethings in as poss.

Last edited:
It's the same at the opera nowadays...

Back
Top Bottom