Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, that's why I gave the boxing example with Duran. He gets credit for being the best boxer of the 4 even though he never beat the other 3 in their weight class. But him even putting himself in the conversation was incredible enough.

Same goes with Klopp, thats how GOAT debates are judged.
Duran wasn't the best boxer of the group, Sugar Ray Leonard was. He proved that conclusively when he schooled Hagler. I don't think Leonard was that much bigger than Duran either, weight wise.

Crazy stuff. Leonard forgot more about boxing than Duran knew. Some proper hot takes!
I know. Duran beat Leonard once, then got comprehensively schooled in the art of boxing the next 2 times they fought. For me, SRL is the greatest boxer the World has ever seen. Not fighter, boxer. Let's not forget that it was Leonard that Duran said 'no mas' to. He was getting drubbed and he knew it.

Ironically, Hearns could have been in with a shout at the best if he didn't have a glass jaw. He had the boxing finesse, but also had awesome power in his punches. Where Hagler would walk through punches, Hearns would hit the deck.

Funnily enough, I watched the Leonard/Hagler fight just last week, it's still one of my favourite fights of all time, because SRL displayed everything about the art of pugilism. I don't think I've ever seen a better display, it was beautiful to watch him slowly drain the will from Hagler, who really couldn't lay a glove on him.

For me, Leonard is the greatest pound for pound boxer in history.

I know. Duran beat Leonard once, then got comprehensively schooled in the art of boxing the next 2 times they fought. For me, SRL is the greatest boxer the World has ever seen. Not fighter, boxer. Let's not forget that it was Leonard that Duran said 'no mas' to. He was getting drubbed and he knew it.

Ironically, Hearns could have been in with a shout at the best if he didn't have a glass jaw. He had the boxing finesse, but also had awesome power in his punches. Where Hagler would walk through punches, Hearns would hit the deck.

Funnily enough, I watched the Leonard/Hagler fight just last week, it's still one of my favourite fights of all time, because SRL displayed everything about the art of pugilism. I don't think I've ever seen a better display, it was beautiful to watch him slowly drain the will from Hagler, who really couldn't lay a glove on him.

For me, Leonard is the greatest pound for pound boxer in history.
Very eloquently put. That fight forget boxing its one of the things should be in humanities time capsule, like the last world cup final. It had everything fine that sport has to offer.

Burnt out, I imagine.

Never healthy to be in a job that's physically draining year on year.

Has he tried not bursting a blood vessel bullying the 4th official?

TELEMMGLPICT000313008086_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqhQATOjiEPhEB_me8Hi9EMw6BeWBA7I5plKvAfzAKzL4.jpeg

"it means more, cunt"

Back
Top Bottom