Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The article is a tad sensationalist, which no doubt feeds well into the scum fanbase and calls to kill Kroenke. It paints a picture of a club that's skint, they aren't!! They are still one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, a step down from the megga clubs of Utd., Real and Barca.

The reason they can't sign players is to do with FFP and more importantly, the EPL version of it and the rules put in place that limits the increase spend of Clubs wages to £7m per season (known as STCC, Short Term Cost Control).

In short, they rolled the dice on player wages when they dropped out of CL by giving Ozil £350k pw and Mkhitaryan nearly £200k pw. On top of already very high wages across the board at the club mainly for absolute dross that they can't sell (because they are on massive wages!!! Anyone wanting us to copy this model on wages is seriously deluded, but everyday chumps in our own fanbase call for it, imagine GKN and Jansen on £100k pw!!)

So, with loss of revenue from CL, increased wages (they maxed out the STCC rate of £7m) and with the only exception, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, not generating money from player sales and having spent £150m in the summer, EVEN IF KROENKE WANTED TO "INVEST" £1b OF HIS OWN CASH, HE WOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO UNDER THE EPL'S ADDITIONAL RULES OF FFP (specifically the part STCC).

Come the summer they can spend again and one thing to watch out for is their new deals with Adidas and Emirates kick in at the end of the season (almost certainly there will be CL clauses in those deals too).

Hopefully, they will still be out of CL, reducing the money they receive in terms of cash/matchday, TV, Prize/share and commercial deals all reduced because of it. But they aren't as skint as the papers would have you believe.

Ian Holloway saying Errrzzill is the best thing on Sky Sports right now.
OzilGummidge.jpg

The article is a tad sensationalist, which no doubt feeds well into the scum fanbase and calls to kill Kroenke. It paints a picture of a club that's skint, they aren't!! They are still one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, a step down from the megga clubs of Utd., Real and Barca.

The reason they can't sign players is to do with FFP and more importantly, the EPL version of it and the rules put in place that limits the increase spend of Clubs wages to £7m per season (known as STCC, Short Term Cost Control).

In short, they rolled the dice on player wages when they dropped out of CL by giving Ozil £350k pw and Mkhitaryan nearly £200k pw. On top of already very high wages across the board at the club mainly for absolute dross that they can't sell (because they are on massive wages!!! Anyone wanting us to copy this model on wages is seriously deluded, but everyday chumps in our own fanbase call for it, imagine GKN and Jansen on £100k pw!!)

So, with loss of revenue from CL, increased wages (they maxed out the STCC rate of £7m) and with the only exception, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, not generating money from player sales and having spent £150m in the summer, EVEN IF KROENKE WANTED TO "INVEST" £1b OF HIS OWN CASH, HE WOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO UNDER THE EPL'S ADDITIONAL RULES OF FFP (specifically the part STCC).

Come the summer they can spend again and one thing to watch out for is their new deals with Adidas and Emirates kick in at the end of the season (almost certainly there will be CL clauses in those deals too).

Hopefully, they will still be out of CL, reducing the money they receive in terms of cash/matchday, TV, Prize/share and commercial deals all reduced because of it. But they aren't as skint as the papers would have you believe.
It's much ado about nothing, honestly. They made €35M in the Europa last season, €25M less than us in the CL. The gap between their Europa earnings and Madrid's for winning the CL is €50M - in today's transfer market that's a very good young player who has proven himself in France but could totally fall on his face in a competitive league. That's what being out of the CL has cost them, and that's it.

The idea that woolwich are skint and Kronke won't spend is a tabloid fabrication. They spend more money than any club with lower revenue than them, and less than clubs with bigger revenues or oil money. The reality is that woolwich has greatly underperformed their spending in the past decade and that's why they're fucked. They've spent shed loads of money on the wrong players.

If you're Kronke, and the football people in the club have completely wasted one of the largest revenue streams in the sport, why on earth would you dip into your own wallet to provide them with more cash?

Basically DT and the lads are simply admitting, constantly, that Woolwich are fucking shite and can only succeed if they were bought up by a UAE Sheikh.

It's much ado about nothing, honestly. They made €35M in the Europa last season, €25M less than us in the CL. The gap between their Europa earnings and Madrid's for winning the CL is €50M - in today's transfer market that's a very good young player who has proven himself in France but could totally fall on his face in a competitive league. That's what being out of the CL has cost them, and that's it.

The idea that woolwich are skint and Kronke won't spend is a tabloid fabrication. They spend more money than any club with lower revenue than them, and less than clubs with bigger revenues or oil money. The reality is that woolwich has greatly underperformed their spending in the past decade and that's why they're fucked. They've spent shed loads of money on the wrong players.

If you're Kronke, and the football people in the club have completely wasted one of the largest revenue streams in the sport, why on earth would you dip into your own wallet to provide them with more cash?

Basically DT and the lads are simply admitting, constantly, that Woolwich are fucking shite and can only succeed if they were bought up by a UAE Sheikh.
The thing with lack of CL is the double whammy of their rivals that do make top 4 instead of them. Let's say that's us, we get additional +£50, whilst they lose the same figure, that's £100m swing to a rival! I used £50 number because so much of their commercial deals will also be tied into this. In simplistic terms, every single sponsor knows they will get more eyeballs on their name in CL than EL, so if the club is in EL then they claw back against what they pay, multiple every advertiser and sponsor and it adds up. Also matchday revenue is down, whilst they have sold the ST's which means this money is in the bank regardless if they are at the stadium or not they aren't buying any merch or food and their EL games have gone to unsell members. It runs to may millions.

The thing with lack of CL is the double whammy of their rivals that do make top 4 instead of them. Let's say that's us, we get additional +£50, whilst they lose the same figure, that's £100m swing to a rival! I used £50 number because so much of their commercial deals will also be tied into this. In simplistic terms, every single sponsor knows they will get more eyeballs on their name in CL than EL, so if the club is in EL then they claw back against what they pay, multiple every advertiser and sponsor and it adds up. Also matchday revenue is down, whilst they have sold the ST's which means this money is in the bank regardless if they are at the stadium or not they aren't buying any merch or food and their EL games have gone to unsell members. It runs to may millions.
Certainly there are other factors where the CL has a financial impact, but their revenue is still higher than all clubs other than United and Liverpool. And they still spend more than all clubs other than those 2 and City/chavs. Certainly they spend more than we do, and yet there they are 7 points adrift.

The story is woolwich's fall is one of waste, they do less with more

Posted this little nugget in another thread but relevant to here for obvious reasons...

I was out for lunch today ( a naff but likeable Cafe in North Chingford ) with my Mrs and kids. About 3pm there was a small mob of Gooners wandering past in hats and scarfs ( colours ) looking like a right bunch of bobble hat wearing pricks.

A bit later we walked past another, separate, bunch of similar dressed “people” near the station.

At that point my Mrs said “there seems to be loads of people around here today all dressed up like Where’s Wally? why ?”

After I stopped laughing I enjoyed explaining that they were poor deluded Woolwich unfortunates who, while actually being Wallies, were in the colours to support their team...

Little things in life....

Posted this little nugget in another thread but relevant to here for obvious reasons...

I was out for lunch today ( a naff but likeable Cafe in North Chingford ) with my Mrs and kids. About 3pm there was a small mob of Gooners wandering past in hats and scarfs ( colours ) looking like a right bunch of bobble hat wearing pricks.

A bit later we walked past another, separate, bunch of similar dressed “people” near the station.

At that point my Mrs said “there seems to be loads of people around here today all dressed up like Where’s Wally? why ?”

After I stopped laughing I enjoyed explaining that they were poor deluded Woolwich unfortunates who, while actually being Wallies, were in the colours to support their team...

Little things in life....

As much as I did enjoy the story, here's my problem: How in the actual fuck have been in a relationship with someone long enough for it to turn into a marriage without broaching the subject of Woolwich fans being sad bastards as well their colors being a cunt-alert-danger signal?

Did you bring her out of your Fritzl-inspired dungeon for the first time just for the day? :deledoubt:

As much as I did enjoy the story, here's my problem: How in the actual fuck have been in a relationship with someone long enough for it to turn into a marriage without broaching the subject of Woolwich fans being sad bastards as well their colors being a cunt-alert-danger signal?

Did you bring her out of your Fritzl-inspired dungeon for the first time just for the day? :deledoubt:
Good point, oh if only a Dungeon was possible.....

I think it’s the effect of the cuntish bobble hats and scarfs, rather than the obvious gooner tops and dribbling.....

Back
Top Bottom