Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said it before but now that it's official, I'll say it again. They had to gut their midfield depth to even afford this guy. They are playing in Eruopa as well this season and they're bound to pick up injuries. Seriously, they have worse midfield depth than we did at the end of the 18/19 season (i.e. before we signed Lo Celso and Ndombele). Even if everyone stays healthy they'll need to rotate with the condensed schedule and they don't have the depth to do so.

Additionally, even if he ends up being top class, they still desperately lack creativity. I pointed out a few pages ago that despite having their "tactical genius" they are barely creating shots and scoring chances. They've done nothing to address that gap.

Frankly, our squad is so beyond there's that I'm not really even worried about them finishing above us this season. We have a better first XI, better depth, a better manager and now a better mentality. Seriously, they'll be lucky to qualify for Europa again and our sights are set much, much higher this season.

Weird squad they have.

They got rid of their back up goalkeeper in Martinez, who literally got them an FA Cup medal so they could raise some funds and are now a Leno injury again from being a bit fucked.

They have a declining Bellerin at right wing back and a back up in Cedric Soares who has started about 5 games for them since he's signed. A left wing back in Tierney who they regularly play centre back on top of having 8 centre backs already at the club (Saliba, Chambers, Holding, David Luiz, Pablo Mari, Gabriel, Mustafi, Sokratis) and no true depth at left wing back besides Kolasinac who is out of depth at this level and a player they tried to get rid of this window.

They are an injury away from 31 year old Aubamayang to losing their real true goal threat. Willian still yet to actually score for the club. Lacazette as we know is hit and miss. Pepe is laughed at on a weekly basis and can barely get a start and Nketiah and Nelson haven't proven anything at this level.

Which brings us on to their midfield. How El-Neny is still even at the club is beyond me. Though the same could be said about Ozil. That pretty much leaves Ceballos and new signing Partey. Two good players, but not two players I would say could turn Woolwich into anything more than a club competing for that top 6 spot.

Strange window really for them, I feel.

BestTinyDrafthorse-size_restricted.gif

Even under Wenger in his last years, at least you could see a plan in their recruitment despite the lack of ambition. Nowadays, they're just spending for the sake of it. Can't even understand how they would field that team and how they do rotation. Good for us, I guess?

Even under Wenger in his last years, at least you could see a plan in their recruitment despite the lack of ambition. Nowadays, they're just spending for the sake of it. Can't even understand how they would field that team and how they do rotation. Good for us, I guess?
The management of Woolwich and United has been massively beneficial to us/our ambitions.

We're not perfect, and the summer of 2018 goes to show that, but the general direction of travel is good.

Bloody hell in all those clips he isn't even under pressure from an opposition player.
It's amazing, isn't it? I believe they're all from last season alone and remember that the guy is 27.

Something tells me that he won't get away with those kind of passes in the Premier League and, as you imply, likely won't flourish with opposition players putting him under pressure a lot more than in La Liga.

Weird squad they have.

They got rid of their back up goalkeeper in Martinez, who literally got them an FA Cup medal so they could raise some funds and are now a Leno injury again from being a bit fucked.

They have a declining Bellerin at right wing back and a back up in Cedric Soares who has started about 5 games for them since he's signed. A left wing back in Tierney who they regularly play centre back on top of having 8 centre backs already at the club (Saliba, Chambers, Holding, David Luiz, Pablo Mari, Gabriel, Mustafi, Sokratis) and no true depth at left wing back besides Kolasinac who is out of depth at this level and a player they tried to get rid of this window.

They are an injury away from 31 year old Aubamayang to losing their real true goal threat. Willian still yet to actually score for the club. Lacazette as we know is hit and miss. Pepe is laughed at on a weekly basis and can barely get a start and Nketiah and Nelson haven't proven anything at this level.

Which brings us on to their midfield. How El-Neny is still even at the club is beyond me. Though the same could be said about Ozil. That pretty much leaves Ceballos and new signing Partey. Two good players, but not two players I would say could turn Woolwich into anything more than a club competing for that top 6 spot.

Strange window really for them, I feel.

Their starting XI is probably enough to put most teams away and without away fans baying for their blood their away form will be better than before. But I agree that once they start to pick up injuries (with any luck) and suspensions then their team goes down hill very quickly.

Another season out of the champions league, which is most probable and then they’ll find out how wise it is paying Partey £260k a week if they can’t afford to keep him and need to offload him. Plus will Abaumayang still have the desire to play as well as he had now he’s sitting on his fat contract. Hopefully the wheels fall off.

What's the actual story with Ozil BTW? I legit don't know where he's gone or if he had a huge fallout.
Does he even train?

Im not saying he's gonna be perfect.

But at Atletico he was really good player. Just be real and objective.
Hopefully again, he will be flop because they are shit as a team.

Back
Top Bottom