Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Galaxy brain play to keep his contract going forever.

But to be serious. Kroenke deserves being dragged in public. Just did not expect it to be by Özil. Probably a bit of a PR job by old Mezut but fair fucks to him for keeping the man in a job in uncertain times.

Ozil is a fucking Cunt, but fair play to him on this, still think we missed a trick by not getting him (the fucking dinosaur before you ask) on a free and getting him to wear a spurs shirt at every game! :levylol:

Bug Eye is playing the PR / Wedge between fans and club. He doesn't love Woolwich and he is an overpaid prick. He could free up so much wage but heyho! happy to rot away into obscurity

Listening to the most recent Statsbomb podcast where they are recapping transfers. One of the hosts is a Woolwich fan and man he's not buying into the hype at all. Says the squad building strategy doesn't make sense, questions the fee for Partey (thinks he's a fine player but not worth that much, especially given age), says generating shots are their biggest issue and have done nothing to address it, and thinks the Willian signing (again considering money and term) is really poor.

Refreshing to hear actual level headed analysis about them.

I think the correct criticism here is they have absolutely gutted the depth of their team to be able to afford this guy. Sure, he likely makes their first XI better but going forward they are playing as many games as we are. We saw how tough it is to manage that many games when your squad is nearly fully fit. We rotated heavily to manage it and they'll have to do the same, which means non first XI players will be getting a lot of minutes for them. Additionally, once injuries hit it's going to be even tougher for them.

Brining in one player at the cost of squad depth in a season where they will be playing a ton of games AND the schedule has been condensed due to COVID is a recipe for disaster.
Tbf they sold only two CMs didn’t they? Guendouzi who was going to leave anyway and Torreira who was kinda shit if I heard correctly.

If they get some injuries I’m pretty sure it’s upfront they need to worry about not CM.

Cockasaurus Rex has a nice ring to it.
Cock Lizard King translated. I like the sound of that :freund:

Listening to the most recent Statsbomb podcast where they are recapping transfers. One of the hosts is a Woolwich fan and man he's not buying into the hype at all. Says the squad building strategy doesn't make sense, questions the fee for Partey (thinks he's a fine player but not worth that much, especially given age), says generating shots are their biggest issue and have done nothing to address it, and thinks the Willian signing (again considering money and term) is really poor.

Is generating shots their biggest issue? They seem to have a pretty solid front line peppering in shots. Their defense has always been their keystone cop downfall.

According to Sky he’s on £250kpw, they paid 10% commission and a £2.5m signing on bonus.

They’re throwing money about but not on amazing quality

Cock Lizard King translated. I like the sound of that :freund:

Is generating shots their biggest issue? They seem to have a pretty solid front line peppering in shots. Their defense has always been their keystone cop downfall.
I posted it somewhere recently in this thread but take a look at the table of shots per game...

They are 19th in the league, only West Brom generates fewer shots per game. We generate more than double their number of shots per game.

Back
Top Bottom