Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

cpvfNpe.jpg

k53qfxO.jpg

honestly Spurs fans should get together and bankroll this guy. The ultimate mockery for a joke of a club that is penny pinching on irrelevant things.
It would provide great entertainment to have that dinosaur rock up in a spurs kit and tell woolwich to fack org back to plumstead

Let's not start with nonsense. Hojbjerg is good, but if anyone offered us him or Partey, there is no discussion.

Hopefully, Partey is gonna be flop, but he is really good.
Ndombele is also really good but look at the impact he had last season, Hojbjerg is PL proven and his last few games have shown how important that is.

Is he a good player? We can agree he is.
Is he better than the shit midfielders they have? I think he is.
So is he going to improve them? I think he will. He will add more defensive stability, strength to their midfield. As far as I know he’s also hard working.

Improving their team is always bad for us as rivals, no matter how big/small this improvement is. I, for one, want to see them midtable every season.

Is he a good player? We can agree he is.
Is he better than the shit midfielders they have? I think he is.
So is he going to improve them? I think he will. He will add more defensive stability, strength to their midfield. As far as I know he’s also hard working.

Improving their team is always bad for us as rivals, no matter how big/small this improvement is. I, for one, want to see them midtable every season.
I think the correct criticism here is they have absolutely gutted the depth of their team to be able to afford this guy. Sure, he likely makes their first XI better but going forward they are playing as many games as we are. We saw how tough it is to manage that many games when your squad is nearly fully fit. We rotated heavily to manage it and they'll have to do the same, which means non first XI players will be getting a lot of minutes for them. Additionally, once injuries hit it's going to be even tougher for them.

Brining in one player at the cost of squad depth in a season where they will be playing a ton of games AND the schedule has been condensed due to COVID is a recipe for disaster.

One problem they have is that they can't put their best 11 players on the field because that includes 3 wingers and two strikers. And they're left playing the likes of Xhaka and David Luiz when players like Pepe and Saka are on the bench.

But getting rid of Elneny for Partey is a big upgrade.
Their biggest problem on the pitch is their inability to consistently generate scoring chances. Only West Brom have generated fewer shots per game than Woolwich...

Seriously, they are 19th in creating shots!

This, in my opinion, is related to a couple things:

1. Arteta's insistence on them playing out the back when they are shit at it. The numbers of times I watch them try to play out and turn the ball over is comical. So they can't systematically move the ball up the pitch.

2. When they do gain possession in the opponent's other half, they just cannot break teams down due to a lack of creativity.

You know what might sadly be the perfect comparison? Our performance in the league at the end of 2018/19. We had a poor midfield, were trying to play out the back for some reason, and couldn't break teams down. Sure we had possession and a flashy "tactic" but it got us nowhere. Our only saving grace was lumping it to Llorente in the CL, an option which the scum don't have.

Partly is a good player but Ndombele at Lyon in the CL and also in the French league was incredible and at the time a bigger signing than Partey is now for Woolwich. Different players one an athlete and one an artist but considering Hojbjerg is prem proven with similar ability/skill set to Partey and much cheaper I think we got the better deal.

They are one Auba injury away from a fucked up season, he is similar to Kane in terms of level and better at certain things such as pace. Their first 11 on paper is pretty decent but they cannot take injuries as they have no depth.

1. Arteta's insistence on them playing out the back when they are shit at it. The numbers of times I watch them try to play out and turn the ball over is comical. So they can't systematically move the ball up the pitch.

2. When they do gain possession in the opponent's other half, they just cannot break teams down due to a lack of creativity.
And Partey will actively hurt them on 1 and won’t add much on 2.

And Partey will actively hurt them on 1 and won’t add much on 2.
Partey was Atletico's most important midfielder last year, I think people are coping a bit hard on this.

He'll be good for them but they still didn't add an attacking midfielder so they'll finish 5th or 6th again this year while we finish 4th or 3rd.

The one worrying thing for me is the fact that the Kroenkes backed Arteta with 50m cash up front, reminds me a bit of Liverpool the year Dalglish got kicked out and they started buying 1-2 key players every window. Hopefully it won't turn out the same, but I think it's the way to build a team, fixing one weakness at a time.

The big issue with Arsenals squad, like Totti said, is how fucking lopsided it is with a bunch of shit central defenders and past it offensive players which prevents them from playing how they want after 2-3 injuries. Mustafi, Kolasinac, Sokratis, Özil, Torreira, Guendouzi, Lacazette... so many shit, overpaid and unwanted players.

They're still fucked for 2+ years.

Galaxy brain play to keep his contract going forever.

But to be serious. Kroenke deserves being dragged in public. Just did not expect it to be by Özil. Probably a bit of a PR job by old Mezut but fair fucks to him for keeping the man in a job in uncertain times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom