Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im sick of these pundits beating around the bush jumping on whats popular thing to say. Quite rightly keane pulled cahill up on the Woolwich rhetoric about arteta. I usually like cahill but seems to be falling into the redknapp camp of punditry. Sit on the fence offend nobody talk shite repeat

Im sick of these pundits beating around the bush jumping on whats popular thing to say. Quite rightly keane pulled cahill up on the Woolwich rhetoric about arteta. I usually like cahill but seems to be falling into the redknapp camp of punditry. Sit on the fence offend nobody talk shite repeat

Typical of that worm Redknapp to just parrot Keane after the fact; knowing he'd get ripped to shreds otherwise. Pussy!

You can see why Keane won 8 or 9 league titles and Cahill won fuck all.

He's a born winner, with a desire to compete you can't be given or taught.
Agree 100%, but you can also see why he was a crap manager.

Shame that we weren't able to buy him when Scolar fekced up so bad that we couldn't afford £30k from Cobh Rangers.

Very relieved that he never became our manager.

Typical of that worm Redknapp to just parrot Keane after the fact; knowing he'd get ripped to shreds otherwise. Pussy!
When I was watching that live I thought exactly the same thing.
You just know that Keane is listening to him and thinking "What a no mark Cunt you are".
Keane is definatley Marmite, but, he is passionate about the game and won't toe the party line.
Refreshing to see in my opinion.

I wonder what he said about Mourinho and motivating the players when he was struggling there with this group of players. Probably not the same as with him backing his mate Solskjaer.

Roy Keane is consistent with his take on Man U players (power). He's not infallible nor smart in other situation, but I think he's honest, and know his stuff in matter. Winning mentality here, which he's in agreement with Mourinho all along.

Hope Villa take point off Woolwich this weekend.

Last edited:
Wasn’t Cahill teammates with Arteta at Everton

You can see why Keane won 8 or 9 league titles and Cahill won fuck all.

He's a born winner, with a desire to compete you can't be given or taught.
This is a simplification of things - They are both right and wrong.

You need a motivated squad but you also need to have complete faith in the manager and the coaching staff.

Keane won a lot more than Cahill because he was a much better player who played for much better teams.

I hate this simplification of Keane as a mentality merchant who scared the hell out of people by shouting & kicking them. If that was the case why didn't Michael Brown achieve what Keane achieved? He was an elite player because he was really talented and the intangibles where the icing on the cake.

However he has continually been a disaster as a manager... is it because he managed "soft" players, or he was shit at getting his message across and the players lost faith in him?

Arteta is clearly showing signs of being an excellent coach, particularly defensively. The Woolwich squad isn't great, so Keane putting all his stock into the results is without context. The lost to Liverpool and Man City away and Leicester can take it to anyone on their day.

Solskjaer is clearly a much worse coach, and it's telling that Keane placed much more of the blame at the players feet when it was Moyes and Solskjaer as opposed to Van Gaal and Mourinho. "The job is too big for Jose"

Back
Top Bottom