Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one can ever justify to me that keeping your £300k a week/£60m signing away form the squad (not even on the bench) is a good idea particularly when you're struggling to score, it's just shit management and gross negligence.

Oi, don’t be dissing Conte’s man management skills, especially not in this thread of all places.

Harry Kane Spurs GIF by BT Sport

I think it's clear you're not reading properly or comprehending what I'm saying, otherwise you wouldn't be asking those questions so let me be very clear:

1 goal in 5 games - team is struggling to score
Lacazette and Nketiah as their only available strikers, neither are good enough

Aubamayeng is clearly an improvement even if you have him in your squad as an option - that's a massive clue to what my argument is, I haven't even advoated that Woolwich should be playing him week in week out, unlike you - I'm saying they should meely put him in the squad which isn't too much to ask.

This is a complete logic failure lol 🤦‍♀️

We've never won the league with Kane ergo we should sell him to give us a better chance, nonsense argument.

Woolwich have never finished in the top 4 with any of the current players in their team either your argument is totally redundant.

Again, listen...this is a totally fair point, I've never disputed that - like I said you can create an enviroment where he's in the squad, not in the first eleven playing week in week out, do you get where I am coming from now?

An irrelevant point to the debate, thanks though.
Forget 1 goal in 5 games without scoring.

He's personally scored just 4 FOUR goals from 14 FOURTEEN PL appearances this season (0.28 gpg)!!!

Lacazette isn't good enough 100% he's scored 3 from 15 in the PL (0.2 gpg)!!

They are BOTH gash.

But Lacazette at least presses up top, he does bring others into play and I can only guess isn't too much of a cunt in the dressing room (they are open to receive offers for him though).

This isn't an improvement.

We 100% should sell Kane if he's a disruptive influence in our squad. I think he was exactly this earlier in the season, I also think he was not playing at all well. His lack of pre-season (turning up late for pr-season) was a direct contributor to this. It doesn't matter who the name on the shirt is, if they don't want to play here then they should be sold. (that's the simplistic version if the club were eyeing Conte etc and were comfortable that they could address the issues he was having that would result in a positive mindset etc then don't sell him and go to work on fixing the issues being faced).

Forget 1 goal in 5 games without scoring.

He's personally scored just 4 FOUR goals from 14 FOURTEEN PL appearances this season (0.28 gpg)!!!

Lacazette isn't good enough 100% he's scored 3 from 15 in the PL (0.2 gpg)!!

They are BOTH gash.

But Lacazette at least presses up top, he does bring others into play and I can only guess isn't too much of a cunt in the dressing room (they are open to receive offers for him though).

This isn't an improvement.

We 100% should sell Kane if he's a disruptive influence in our squad. I think he was exactly this earlier in the season, I also think he was not playing at all well. His lack of pre-season (turning up late for pr-season) was a direct contributor to this. It doesn't matter who the name on the shirt is, if they don't want to play here then they should be sold. (that's the simplistic version if the club were eyeing Conte etc and were comfortable that they could address the issues he was having that would result in a positive mindset etc then don't sell him and go to work on fixing the issues being faced)

Tell me you didn't read a word what I said without telling me you didn't read a word what I said :D

I'm done with this, such a pointless argument 👍

Tell me you didn't read a word what I said without telling me you didn't read a word what I said :D

I'm done with this, such a pointless argument 👍
I read what you said mate and have responded.

The bit I should have addressed but didn't is them "at least putting him in the squad". My response to that is; What for?

A decision has been made to sell him, just as we've made a decision to sell Ndombele (both are training away from the rest of the team, we did this with Ade & Rose too). This is done because his influence on the squad is judged not to be appropriate.

:contethumb:

I read what you said mate and have responded.

The bit I should have addressed but didn't is them "at least putting him in the squad". My response to that is; What for?

A decision has been made to sell him, just as we've made a decision to sell Ndombele (both are training away from the rest of the team, we did this with Ade & Rose too). This is done because his influence on the squad is judged not to be appropriate.

:contethumb:

Arteta is gonna be judged on this, if Woolwich don't finish in the top 4 then this is the narrative he's created for himself and he has to wear it because ultimately its his decision,something like this I feel will either cost them top 4 or it won't.

Let's hope it does 😉

Arteta is gonna be judged on this, if Woolwich don't finish in the top 4 then this is the narrative he's created for himself and he has to wear it because ultimately its his decision,something like this I feel will either cost them top 4 or it won't.

Let's hope it does 😉
I don't think they will get top 4 with or without him.

I'd back Conte to do that with us though. Not saying it's ours for the taking, it absolutely isn't but feel Conte has made more of an impact on how we play (transformation in fundamentals) than Arteta has at Woolwich in 2 years.

Obviously, completion is from Man U, who despite having the squad to achieve it there are still doubts over the manager, they really look shite at the moment but Ragnick hasn't had time enough (also despite me rating him as a DoF as a manager he's kind of a massive gamble and a bit of an unknown).

I've always thought West Ham will fall away and that looks to have already happened with 14pts taken from a possible 36 (and those points were against Burnley, Watford, Crystal Palace and Norwich, the only good result being a draw against a good Brighton team I just see them kind of continuing along these lines, maybe a bit of an up tick after the international break but as soon as European games start then they continue to struggle with their ageing small squad. Plus they are such a basic team under Moyes.

The ones to watch are Wolves i think. I don't know enough about their depth but the first team know how the manager wants them to play. They are the most consistent team out of all of those mentioned (even when they drop points they have played consistently and might have been a tad unlucky not to have won or drawn, I've seen them play badly once - but can't remember who that was against).

Isn't it a little bit funny, the Goonies one time hero and legend Jackie Wiltshire can't find a club to employ him, the bloke is in his absolute prime yet no takers, I was wondering if it was anything to do with having a 10 year career with the Arsewipes, taking the thick end of £100m in wages etc but the product of less than 10 league goals. With stats like that perhaps the Arsewipes should give him his old job back

Abaumayang seemingly on his way to Barcelona. They’ve let a few go this window without bringing any in. The cunts are up to something.
Isak has been rumored and has a 75 million pound release clause. They've been shifting a lot of money out, wouldn't be surprised to see them pay the release clause before the deadline tomorrow.

They apparently could have had Vlahovic for £2M back in 2016...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...lwich-battling-juventus-over-transfer-7819005

Woolwich battling Juventus over transfer of teenager billed as the next Zlatan Ibrahimovic​

By
Chris Hatherall
22:30, 23 Apr 2016

Partizan Belgrade starlet Dusan Vlahovic is technically gifted but also powerfully built and 6ft 3in tall— leading to comparisons with PSG's Swedish superstar

Woolwich are ready to see off Juventus for Partizan Belgrade’s Dusan Vlahovic.

Billed as the next Zlatan Ibrahimovic , the Serbian striker is just 16 and technically gifted, but also 6ft 3in tall and powerfully built — drawing comparisons with the Paris Saint-Germain legend.

Woolwich scouts have watched him since last summer and, despite his age, Vlahovic has made eight appearances for Partizan this season — scoring once.

His contract runs until December 2018, but a bid of £2m could be enough to bring him to London

Imagine they’ll get a couple in, probably pay the crazy release clauses but we at least have the advantage over legohead. Be interested to see who they go for but hopefully they’re left with the Gabonese Vardy stinking out the place on huge wages.

Woolwich All or Nothing is going to be a snoozefest. By the end they'll be midtable, nothing to play for. I mean our season was shit, but we had the drama of Jose (despite being finished he's still box office) and Covid with a push for Europe. Woolwich season is going to peter out, and legoman with his dead expressionless eyes has the charisma of a used teabag.

I'm not even sure if I'll bother watching it.

Woolwich All or Nothing is going to be a snoozefest. By the end they'll be midtable, nothing to play for. I mean our season was shit, but we had the drama of Jose (despite being finished he's still box office) and Covid with a push for Europe. Woolwich season is going to peter out, and legoman with his dead expressionless eyes has the charisma of a used teabag.

I'm not even sure if I'll bother watching it.
Not to mention that monotone voice

Back
Top Bottom