Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a blinkered take on the so-called pattern.

The only place you could acuse him of doing what Neville accused him of is Chavski and even then that's a triggerhappy batshit club that's never far from having a dressing room mutiny.

Yeah, I agree. To say that at each place he ground the players down until the cried uncle is probably a bad take, but I think the pattern is that something self-destructs at each place after a relatively short period of time. Maybe it all ends in an ugly way with him, but I do think we'll still be much better off after anyways.

Ty is merely a real life representation of Woolwich fans on social media and real life, you can put a completely coherent and logical argument in front of them and their reaction will always be about trophies, it's almost like they have tourettes the way they can't help mentioning it. 🤷‍♀️

Fuck the trophies

If we'd won the league cup last season I wouldn't see it as a real achievement

Being truly competitive is what's important

Repeatedly staring down these brilliant City and Liverpool teams and getting a result shows where we are

One point I think was overlooked was Gary Neville I thought he got rather salty about Conte saying he burns everyone out after 2 years and walks that’s why Man U never went for him as they need a long term manager I think that is bullshit he’s fucking worried it may all turn out different at spurs.

United need to concentrate on actually winning football matches

Fuck the trophies

Repeatedly staring down these brilliant City and Liverpool teams and getting a result shows where we are
Well said. And the trophies will come.
in games against the absolute elite of the EPL he handed them their arses.
and next season I think he breaks their hearts

Fuck the trophies

Worth pointing out also that Ty (and others) were banging on about Arteta winning the FA cup in his first season as a stick to beat us with.

How has that worked out for them?

Have they signed better / elite level players?
Has it improved their mentality or given them a boost that has moved them forward as a club?

The fact is winning a league cup / FA cup / conference league doesnt really mean much these days unless we're talking about teams that have very little chance of champions league football.

I wouldnt turn my nose up at winning the first two but us getting 4th at this point in time is far more valuable to the long term future of this club than a minor cup.

United need to concentrate on actually winning football matches
It's a hot take from Neville I'll gove him that, he seemed to be saying that it would be better to have a manager there for the long term (Rangngngnick on a 6 month deal obviously...) and be good, bad or indifferent, than to have a guy "guaranteed" to only be there for 2 years and definitely be good.

I think all his statement does is highlight the dangers of overdoing it on the copium.

This article basically says they might not sign another striker as this guy has signed a new contract at the club. Imagine if that's the case :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The deer in the headlights look on his face there really captures that expression of "just been handed the entire burden of spearheading the attack of a crap team on a ridiculously inflated contract despite being woefully average", nailed it in fact.

Yeah, I agree. To say that at each place he ground the players down until the cried uncle is probably a bad take, but I think the pattern is that something self-destructs at each place after a relatively short period of time. Maybe it all ends in an ugly way with him, but I do think we'll still be much better off after anyways.

Inter was nothing of the sort..... He built a team and then they wanted to sell of the crown jewels to pay parent company debts and the opted to walk.

Back
Top Bottom