Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched all 3. I know, I know.. My theory is that it is good to understand and know your enemy ... 😁. I also had a few hours to kill last night while at work..

Lego boy really does come across as weird. I am sure that when all this falls through for him, he would find gainful employment as an outward bound instructor, motivating unmotivated people on how to construct a raft. Some of the stuff was really cringeworthy.

The interviews with their fan base will be golden going into the last episodes.

Also, compared to our facilities, theirs look old and shite.

yeah, I can barely understand Arteta too and I've had a lifetime of listening to Spanish people speaking dreadful English. They always want to practice on me!

It's a show-killer. Fucker barely pronounces any of his consonants. It's just a mush of vowels and Z's.

The irony is that he's the only one that doesn't get subtitles..... :llorishuh:

Last edited:
Oh this AoN is great viewing.

Something about the mixture of American soccer owners, Woolwich fans melting everytime they have 15 seconds of camera time, barely understanding Arteta (I speak English and Spanish fluently, so that's a trip) the set up for a redemption arc after a horrendous start in the first ep, and just seeing how the players look like they don't reeeeally know what's going on...

And we all know the ending.

Fantastic viewing
10/10...

11/10 cringe levels

Only 1 episode in. Ramsdale's father is the only personality. Rest are robots

My takeaways from the first episodes:
- Josh Kroenke is a tool, has no idea what's going on and brings nothing to the club
- Woolwich fans are portrayed as horrible people by a tv show that is supposed to please them lol
- The players don't respect Arteta and are spineless.
- Arteta himself... tbh I can see he has a heart for the club (I mean he did draw it quite literally) but my god I am astonished at how incapable he is at inspiring that lot. It's all so cringe and genuinely looks like a parody. The only thing that motivates those players is clapping at the end of his speeches to make sure that he stops talking. He's trying to remember and copy what he saw Pep do, but is not able to have the same authority.
- Almost nothing to be seen of Partey, wonder why...

The 'positives' from the episodes:
- Saka and Emile Smith-Rowe seem like they care about that club
- Tbh, the only good choice Arteta made in his speeches was letting the photographer do one instead of him. At least that speech felt authentic

Also, compared to our facilities, theirs look old and shite.

I only watched the first episode but I kept thinking the same thing. Ours is so new so you'd expect it to be better overall, but I did think theirs looked far less nice than I thought they would be.

My takeaways from the first episodes:
- Josh Kroenke is a tool, has no idea what's going on and brings nothing to the club
- Woolwich fans are portrayed as horrible people by a tv show that is supposed to please them lol
- The players don't respect Arteta and are spineless.
- Arteta himself... tbh I can see he has a heart for the club (I mean he did draw it quite literally) but my god I am astonished at how incapable he is at inspiring that lot. It's all so cringe and genuinely looks like a parody. The only thing that motivates those players is clapping at the end of his speeches to make sure that he stops talking. He's trying to remember and copy what he saw Pep do, but is not able to have the same authority.
- Almost nothing to be seen of Partey, wonder why...

The 'positives' from the episodes:
- Saka and Emile Smith-Rowe seem like they care about that club
- Tbh, the only good choice Arteta made in his speeches was letting the photographer do one instead of him. At least that speech felt authentic

He's blatantly just a stooge put there to take the heat off his dad....... The fact that he's all cheesy grins, five-fives and giving out the 'bro-hugs' to everyone is a joke and a betrayal of any sense professional stature he's required to establish.

(Hi btw, Stan...... :adesalute: )

Back
Top Bottom