Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What an absolute bunch of lemons! Massive cover up there ,obviously.

Maybe they won't mention the end of the season at all too!

Final episode fades to black after their win over Leeds with the players celebrating....voiceover line and/or subtitle states..."Woolwich went on to qualify for the Europa League 22/3 and look forward to competing for silverware next season"

Final episode fades to black after their win over Leeds with the players celebrating....voiceover line and/or subtitle states..."Woolwich went on to qualify for the Europa League 22/3 and look forward to competing for silverware next season"

"Ladies & Gents.... We did it.... We are champions league."

im-283107

Last edited:
They know it was a con and are ashamed; otherwise it wouldn't have been redacted(*).

(*You can bet the Amazon crew would have deemed it worthy of inclusion.)

In fact... EP1 sure as hell made sure to include the covid postponement refusal against Brentford!!!

Last edited:

Embarrassing. While I understand how its become this way, the AoN series is just PR fluff pieces. I can't even bother to get excited about the end because they are going to present it like the season was a major accomplishment, and Arteta is the magic architect of their success.

Embarrassing. While I understand how its become this way, the AoN series is just PR fluff pieces. I can't even bother to get excited about the end because they are going to present it like the season was a major accomplishment, and Arteta is the magic architect of their success.

I mean all you had to do was watch our series... It was like Poch was never at the club

It's obvious the Club has final say for edits so of course nothing controversial will ever be shown

Pretty dumb from Amazon.

Fundamentally, there are two potential audiences for this series:

1 woolwich fans, who think they're getting the insider scoop on their club

2 the rest of the footie world, who want some big time laughs

Audience 2 enjoyed woolwich plonker Piers Morgan declaring the antics of Arteta to be "so weird", but we need more....

When ours was done Theo Delaney who works in media said that AoN were given complete creative freedom by us... Likely for most money, I wonder if Woolwich negotiated much less money and had edit approval.

I mean all you had to do was watch our series... It was like Poch was never at the club

It's obvious the Club has final say for edits so of course nothing controversial will ever be shown

Stuff is always going to be cut just do to time constraints, but they also come up with a greater narrative that arcs through the full series. For us, it was really a show about Mourinho and its the same now where the entire show is really about lego head. The players, club, and results are really just foils for his story.

I'm sure that the clubs have a fair amount of say on which things can/cannot be included in the show, but I also think that its in Amazon's interest as well. If clubs came out looking like a disaster through the show, almost no club would ever agree to have the cameras around.

You would think, given it's basically PR, the club would try and tell their side of the story with respect to them not playing the NLD.

Given there's not even that level of coverage of it, it must have been exactly as embarrassing as we are all imagining.

One less episode to sit through then.
How humiliating for them to not even touch on one of the most controversial moments in their season.
A spectacular PR own goal because everyone in the football world will know now that it had fuck all to do with Covid and everything to do with them not fancying it.
:kaneear:

When ours was done Theo Delaney who works in media said that AoN were given complete creative freedom by us... Likely for most money, I wonder if Woolwich negotiated much less money and had edit approval.
Won't go hard as they need other clubs to agree to the next one they film, its always going to be sympathetic

Back
Top Bottom