Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£336k per WEEK!!!!!!

Mad World Reaction GIF by CBS

It's in their tofu and carrot batons............

This one is a corker

Outside of the top 4 for 6 seasons straight, average league position for the last 7yrs 6th, biggest bottle job in the history of the game last season.

Getting slaughtered in the comments.... Even their deluded masses want nothing to do with agreeing with that in public.

Am I allowed to be worried/concerned/annoyed they've signed Declan Rice... Or does that make me a 'melt'?

That coulda woulda shoulda been us if we'd taken full advantage of being in the CL for 5 years + ...but we didn't, we signed players we probably coulda signed if we were in the UEFA Cup (yeah, I called it the UEFA CUP... sue me!)

Meanwhile, Arse have been off the top table for a few years, feeding on Pep's scraps... Yet the MOMENT they're back in the CL, they sign Rice!

WE Could offer 'London' AND CL football for years, yet still never seemed to attract the TOP TIER players

Now we're out of Europe altogether, we're in the same place we were a decade ago.... How did THAT happen?

Am I allowed to be worried/concerned/annoyed they've signed Declan Rice... Or does that make me a 'melt'?

That coulda woulda shoulda been us if we'd taken full advantage of being in the CL for 5 years + ...but we didn't, we signed players we probably coulda signed if we were in the UEFA Cup (yeah, I called it the UEFA CUP... sue me!)

Meanwhile, Arse have been off the top table for a few years, feeding on Pep's scraps... Yet the MOMENT they're back in the CL, they sign Rice!

WE Could offer 'London' AND CL football for years, yet still never seemed to attract the TOP TIER players

Now we're out of Europe altogether, we're in the same place we were a decade ago.... How did THAT happen?
We can say as much as we want about them overpaying (& that’s certainly the case with Havertz) and blowing a huge load on fees/wages but I have to agree with you.
I hope and pray that they both turn out to be fucking duffers and end up bankrupting the gooners.
However, they are showing ambition and acting like a big club that intends to keep their place in the pecking order now they’ve got back into top 4.
It’s what we ought to have been doing to keep our place in the top 4 (at the very least) but we didn’t so it is what it is.
I don’t think it’s melting to raise an eyebrow and think they’re pushing a boat out that we didn’t.
We’ve spent a lot of money on punts and dross over the seasons when we did actually spend money.
They’ve invested heavily in 2 proven PL players.
Just hoping that Maddison puts both their marquee signings into the shade because that will be very sweet indeed.
However, I think it’s copium to laugh at them for signing Rice & Havertz for huge fees.

We can say as much as we want about them overpaying (& that’s certainly the case with Havertz) and blowing a huge load on fees/wages but I have to agree with you.
I hope and pray that they both turn out to be fucking duffers and end up bankrupting the gooners.
However, they are showing ambition and acting like a big club that intends to keep their place in the pecking order now they’ve got back into top 4.
It’s what we ought to have been doing to keep our place in the top 4 (at the very least) but we didn’t so it is what it is.
I don’t think it’s melting to raise an eyebrow and think they’re pushing a boat out that we didn’t.
We’ve spent a lot of money on punts and dross over the seasons when we did actually spend money.
They’ve invested heavily in 2 proven PL players.
Just hoping that Maddison puts both their marquee signings into the shade because that will be very sweet indeed.
However, I think it’s copium to laugh at them for signing Rice & Havertz for huge fees.

They've massively over payed for those players though. The Havertz one in particular seems crazy.

It could prove to be a master stroke but equally if it doesn't go to plan they are massively on the hook, especially if they don't get in the CL next season.

We've all seen teams "win" the transfer window and then go on to have a shite season.

Personally I am very dubious about them replicating last season. They've proved the last two seasons their mentality is weak as piss. If they don't get off to an amazing start I doubt their ability to get top four let alone the league

For rice too, no? Know Bellingham will be a shit ton more in agents fées, but, given Bellingham is more attacking, seems bonkers to be in same sentence transfer wise.
So I guess - kinda, yeah, some trepidation they had a good season and invested (and we all know which season that wasn't for us..)
And, hope, that's a LOT of cash out and in wages. Leeds anyone....?

-----------------Ramsdale‐----------------
Timber----Saliba-----Gabriel---Zinchenko
-------------Havertz---Rice----------------
---Saka--------Odegard--------Martinelli
------------------Jesus--‐--------------------

Don't know enough about Timber , definitely not sold on Havertz in that deep position and Jesus isn't going to get enough goals but pretty solid.

I think what they've got right is strong squad depth. White, Tomiyasu, Tierney, Partey, Smith Rowe, Reiss Nelson , Jorginho, Trossard, Nketiah as back ups is strong.

Don't know enough about Timber , definitely not sold on Havertz in that deep position and Jesus isn't going to get enough goals but pretty solid.

I think what they've got right is strong squad depth. White, Tomiyasu, Tierney, Partey, Smith Rowe, Reiss Nelson , Jorginho, Trossard, Nketiah as back ups is strong.

Have they really bought in a centre back to play right back?

Actually, it's not too surprising considering what they done to Ben White

I don't think it is anywhere near strong enough to compete on 2 or 3 fronts.. not if they are going to take CL seriously and get a toughish group.

:levyeyes:

Everything fell into place for them last season

They’ll be in the group competing for top 4 next season, nothing more

forrest at home, fulham at home and palace away. The fixutre list has been amazingly kind to them once again. Although it's not as incredibly training wheels until the world cup as it was last season as it gets trickey there after.
But it's gonna be such a confidence boost again.
I'ts irrelevannt though as they'll bottle any scenario that sees major success such as the league or CL

:levyeyes:

That's all I got. This bloke or one of ya'll ( going with Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman ) ran over an old gypsy woman and kept going.

"Gabriel Jesus said he decided to leave Manchester City when coach Pep Guardiola made him cry after leaving him out of the starting lineup in a Champions League game."

Such a perfect fit for Arteta's Woolwich. FFS, I can't believe he'd publicly admit to being such a wet wipe.

Havertz would be a very strange fit for such a deep role. Good defensive contributor but surely they angle for a younger Jorginho-type holding midfielder?

Good squad depth in most attacking positions, but that defensive cover + ESR is crock central. Doubt they'll have the capacity to go far in most comps.

Back
Top Bottom