Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Gabriel Jesus said he decided to leave Manchester City when coach Pep Guardiola made him cry after leaving him out of the starting lineup in a Champions League game."

Such a perfect fit for Arteta's Woolwich. FFS, I can't believe he'd publicly admit to being such a wet wipe.

What a complete pussy. Imagine having a player like that at your club ffs. Weak as piss.

Must have went missing in April

Any time I'm reminded of this, I'm left wondering.... What happens to the poor fella when everyone goes home at night?

Funny to laugh at, but the poor dog deserves a home; not to be treated like a gimmck.

Last edited:
What a complete pussy. Imagine having a player like that at your club ffs. Weak as piss.
It has always amused me that so many footballers have "tough" working-class backgrounds but end up maturing into such absolute primadonnas.

Reminds me of the scene in Zoolander when he goes back home to be with his family of coal miners.

It has always amused me that so many footballers have "tough" working-class backgrounds but end up maturing into such absolute primadonnas.

Reminds me of the scene in Zoolander when he goes back home to be with his family of coal miners.

I think players are scooped up and into a bubble at such a young age these days. A lot of these kids have left their struggles behind before they're mature enough to recognise them for what they were in the first place.

I think players are scooped up and into a bubble at such a young age these days. A lot of these kids have left their struggles behind before they're mature enough to recognise them for what they were in the first place.

And then some of them use it to trade off of to increase their own wealth. Of course a lot help out the places they come from, some quite secretly, so you never find out about it.

That coulda woulda shoulda been us if we'd taken full advantage of being in the CL for 5 years + ...but we didn't, we signed players we probably coulda signed if we were in the UEFA Cup (yeah, I called it the UEFA CUP... sue me!)
100% with you and it gave me a frisson of pleasure to see you take your stand. Nevertheless, it's a shame you blotted your copybook with "CL" (though you get some credit for not using the odious "UCL").

Might mean a few more key strokes but we both know it's the European Cup.

EUROCUP.jpg

Oh, and while we're here, a lingering, painful death to anyone who calls the trophy "Big Ears". Yes pompous Guardian blowhard Barry Glendenning, I'm talking about you.

100% with you and it gave me a frisson of pleasure to see you take your stand. Nevertheless, it's a shame you blotted your copybook with "CL" (though you get some credit for not using the odious "UCL").

Might mean a few more key strokes but we both know it's the European Cup.

EUROCUP.jpg

Oh, and while we're here, a lingering, painful death to anyone who calls the trophy "Big Ears". Yes pompous Guardian blowhard Barry Glendenning, I'm talking about you.
I can't stand Glendenning. For some reason, he's always putting Spurs down.

-----------------Ramsdale‐----------------
Timber----Saliba-----Gabriel---Zinchenko
-------------Havertz---Rice----------------
---Saka--------Odegard--------Martinelli
------------------Jesus--‐--------------------

Don't know enough about Timber , definitely not sold on Havertz in that deep position and Jesus isn't going to get enough goals but pretty solid.

I think what they've got right is strong squad depth. White, Tomiyasu, Tierney, Partey, Smith Rowe, Reiss Nelson , Jorginho, Trossard, Nketiah as back ups is strong.

:mourwhat:

Everything fell into place for them last season

They’ll be in the group competing for top 4 next season, nothing more
That's my view, last season was their perfect storm and they blew it, you don't get that two years in a row.

If last season's finish was down to their own quality then I'd be concerned about them improving and going one step further, but even then, football isn't always a linear progression. As it is, every week they seemed to be on the receiving end of some kind of good fortune, combined with every other usual suspect having an off season.

Fuck, for much of the season even City looked to be having an off year!

I think they'll have done well if they get top 4 this year.

Back
Top Bottom