Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's my view, last season was their perfect storm and they blew it, you don't get that two years in a row.

If last season's finish was down to their own quality then I'd be concerned about them improving and going one step further, but even then, football isn't always a linear progression. As it is, every week they seemed to be on the receiving end of some kind of good fortune, combined with every other usual suspect having an off season.

Fuck, for much of the season even City looked to be having an off year!

I think they'll have done well if they get top 4 this year.
Which I could share that opinion with you. They played very good football last season, recycling and retaining possession and playing high up the pitch. They have many players still in the development stage of their careers, your Saka's Martinelli's Odegaard, Saliba are still very young. Rice can add another dimension, and they have some pretty serious depth that may allow Arteta to rotate without having to play a Lokonga or Holding which hurt them last season. Saliba, Gabriel, Timber, White, Tomiyasu, Zinchenko, Tierney is pretty strong options at the back. Partey & Jorginho on the bench backing up Rice. They have spend just short of Chelsea over a rolling 3 year period and its starting to show.

They wont win it. But I dont think they will be fighting for top 4 either. We cant turn a blind eye to their improvement. They have spend 600m over 3 years and you would be hard pressed to pick any duds other than cheapish signings, and maybe than Portuguese kid. They have passed 200m this summer already and were not even past 60m( I dont count Porro and Kulusevski). Are we going to not spend 140m in the coming weeks and presume we can finish above Woolwich? Who are pumping in over 200m annually into their squad and giving out massive contracts to their existing top players when the hope was Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard, Saliba ect would all be nicked by Real Madrid, City or PSG?

Cannot believe we have allowed them to position themselves above us in a position of strength, when we had them by the balls for years.

Which I could share that opinion with you. They played very good football last season, recycling and retaining possession and playing high up the pitch. They have many players still in the development stage of their careers, your Saka's Martinelli's Odegaard, Saliba are still very young. Rice can add another dimension, and they have some pretty serious depth that may allow Arteta to rotate without having to play a Lokonga or Holding which hurt them last season. Saliba, Gabriel, Timber, White, Tomiyasu, Zinchenko, Tierney is pretty strong options at the back. Partey & Jorginho on the bench backing up Rice. They have spend just short of Chelsea over a rolling 3 year period and its starting to show.

They wont win it. But I dont think they will be fighting for top 4 either. We cant turn a blind eye to their improvement. They have spend 600m over 3 years and you would be hard pressed to pick any duds other than cheapish signings, and maybe than Portuguese kid. They have passed 200m this summer already and were not even past 60m( I dont count Porro and Kulusevski). Are we going to not spend 140m in the coming weeks and presume we can finish above Woolwich? Who are pumping in over 200m annually into their squad and giving out massive contracts to their existing top players when the hope was Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard, Saliba ect would all be nicked by Real Madrid, City or PSG?

Cannot believe we have allowed them to position themselves above us in a position of strength, when we had them by the balls for years.
And yet they only finished above us last season...

They didn't suddenly become great, they got huge rub of the green over a sustained period, along with early cup exits and no Europe for distractions. Woolwich have always spent lots of money, and they've often done it badly. They have no really good fullbacks, shit strikers, a vastly overrated keeper, a fucking clownshoe for a manager...

And we are yet to see just how much that mega choke at the end of last season affects them.

They're the same joke that they've been for many a year now, one flukey season where everyone else (including us) went to absolute shit doesn't make them the Harlem Globetrotters.

Am I allowed to be worried/concerned/annoyed they've signed Declan Rice... Or does that make me a 'melt'?

That coulda woulda shoulda been us if we'd taken full advantage of being in the CL for 5 years + ...but we didn't, we signed players we probably coulda signed if we were in the UEFA Cup (yeah, I called it the UEFA CUP... sue me!)

Meanwhile, Arse have been off the top table for a few years, feeding on Pep's scraps... Yet the MOMENT they're back in the CL, they sign Rice!

WE Could offer 'London' AND CL football for years, yet still never seemed to attract the TOP TIER players

Now we're out of Europe altogether, we're in the same place we were a decade ago.... How did THAT happen?
Some people have their heads up there arse, I don't rate Havertz but they are showing ambition we can only dream of.
We didn't kick on to the next step when we had the chance, we should have been looking at players like Rice, we should have secured Grealish when we had the chance, now we have to start over.

Excuse me.

This is the 'laugh at gooners' thread now 'suck off our rivals' thread.

Bin voted.

I'd love to know why 90% of your posts on this forum are on this thread and why they sound like you have a Sol Campbell bedspread and matching lampshades.

I went to the Florence Nightingale Museum today. There was an interactive section (think it was aimed at the kids), asking what would you campaign for.
I wrote for that lot own the road to be made to go back to Woolwich, where they belong!

You seem to know a lot more and post in far more detail and knowledge about Woolwich than your Spurs posts don't you?

Anyone can look at this guys post history and within 30 seconds make a pretty concise conclusion.

Clearly a gooner.

Meanwhile we’ve got the same trash players hanging around for years on end.

:levystare:
Really? They’ve got 3 of the starting 11 still at the club and 0 starting.

Our final game of the 19/20 season.

Lloris
Davies
Dier
Alderweirald
Aurier
Winks
Sissoko
Son
LoCelso
Lucas
Kane
lineup code
[lineup]
Lloris
Davies Dier Alderweirald Aurier
Winks Sissoko
Son LoCelso Lucas
Kane
[/lineup]

So Dier, Son and Kane still starting. Davies on the bench. If they had son and Kane then they would still have them in their team too.

Doubt Martinelli would have even been bought if they had Son in their team. And doubt Martinelli would have played as well in our turgid Conteball system either

Fuck me you're quick, I deleted it almost straight away because cba with the "hurr durr gooner he thinks an Woolwich player isn't shit" rubbish.

And sure he would, he was a cheap punt. May not have broken through in to the XI if they had Son but no reason they wouldn't have gone for it, most teams don't stop acquiring talent in a position because they have someone good there.

The conteball blame is an easy card to play but Son as an individual was just straight up poor in situations which had nothing to do with formations, not a fan of this easy cop out for our players.

Fuck me you're quick, I deleted it almost straight away because cba with the "hurr durr gooner he thinks an Woolwich player isn't shit" rubbish.

And sure he would, he was a cheap punt. May not have broken through in to the XI if they had Son but no reason they wouldn't have gone for it, most teams don't stop acquiring talent in a position because they have someone good there.

The conteball blame is an easy card to play but Son as an individual was just straight up poor in situations which had nothing to do with formations, not a fan of this easy cop out for our players.
Don’t ever delete posts because of what some other cunt thinks

Back
Top Bottom