Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Technobabble bollocks made up by twats trying to make the sport into a science so they can sound like professors of football.
My current favourite is the choppers that talk about players roles by referring to shirt numbers - "he's not a true 8 because he double pivots up his own arse when Ronalmessio slips into the 10 role during transitions"
Never a mention of the classic 37 role or an overlapping 18

So many pretentious sofa pundits

This. Also when posters talk about ACMs and DCMs and LABCDs or REFGHs (I might have made some of those up). You would think there were 37 players on the pitch.

Fucking modern football.

XG
Field Tilt
VAR
Pivot
Double Pivot
Low Block
Saturday 20.15pm kick offs
Sunday 12.30pm kick offs
Etc
Etc

When did a simple game become so difficult?

(The answer is TV by the way).
Field tilt can go and fuck off. So can pivot and double pivot pish. The game is simple but these fucking idiots start using this terminology to make them sound clever. Pathetic.

Saw a video of a journo questioning Arteta about the goal:

Arteta - it wasn’t a goal
journo - for what reason? Was the ball out? Was it a foul? Was it offside?
Journo - ok, but for what reason? It was checked in three separate ways.
Arteta - that’s not the question, it wasn’t a goal

Just answer the question you cunt. Have the courage of your convictions and answer the man. Or admit your toys are out the pram.

I think Carragher summed it up well.

"People will be criticising VAR. Three looks at different things - how did they get to a goal? People have been very critical of VAR saying it is looking for ways to disallow goals, but you can't have the argument both ways. If there is not enough evidence to disallow a goal then that should be given a goal."

Saw a video of a journo questioning Arteta about the goal:

journo - for what reason? Was the ball out? Was it a foul? Was it offside?
Journo - ok, but for what reason? It was checked in three separate ways.
Arteta - that’s not the question, it wasn’t a goal

Just answer the question you cunt. Have the courage of your convictions and answer the man. Or admit your toys are out the pram.
I get the impression that Arteta thinks he's playing 4D Chess, but really he's just an awkward facsimile of Pep and other, better managers.

He got lucky last season because all the other clubs were off the mark and City was slow to ramp up.

I reckon they'll slide down the table now and won't finish higher than 4th or 5th. Their plan can't be to get a penalty every week and rely on favorable refereeing calls.

I still don't.
Moving Friends Tv GIF

Fucking modern football.

XG
Field Tilt
VAR
Pivot
Double Pivot
Low Block
Saturday 20.15pm kick offs
Sunday 12.30pm kick offs
Etc
Etc

When did a simple game become so difficult?

(The answer is TV by the way).
Indeed. Fuck knows what it will be like in 50 years...fortunately I'll be long dead by then.

Plus you forgot the utter shambles they have made of what was the quite simple handball rule.

I get the impression that Arteta thinks he's playing 4D Chess, but really he's just an awkward facsimile of Pep and other, better managers.

He got lucky last season because all the other clubs were off the mark and City was slow to ramp up.

I reckon they'll slide down the table now and won't finish higher than 4th or 5th. Their plan can't be to get a penalty every week and rely on favorable refereeing calls.
I’d bet my last penny that he’s had extensive training to lower the volume of his voice and slow down the cadence when talking to the press. Just comes across as false when he slowly repeats the word “embarrassing” whilst staring at the reporter with a look like a serial killer spotting a lone dog walker.

And all this, “I’m not angry, just disappointed” bollocks stopped fooling people decades ago.

LOL - from Woolwich Mania

"I see the artetasexuals are in full damage control with cone boy and saying that we can't name potential replacements with ambition or skill to replace him. Ok let's look at available managers:

Conte
Hansi flick
Ball sniffer low
Lopetigui
Fat Sam
Igor Tudor
Villas boas

You're telling me, None of these managers with their prior managerial experience at different clubs alone, are not better than rookie farteta?"

The div seems to think that this VAR decision was as bad as the non-call in our game with Liverpool.

Problem is everyone knows that was a massive VAR fuck up. It isn't debatable. The process went completely fucking wrong and lessons will be learned.

Yesterday were just judgement calls.

Some will think that ball was out, some won't.
Some will think it was a foul, some won't.

I'm ok with those kinds of incidents - where I can see why both sides think what they do. VAR was never gonna get rid of discussions like that.

My issue with VAR is when you have no idea what they're seeing - like Palace's handball for their goal last week.

For me the biggest VAR disgrace from yesterday's game was that Havertz wasn't sent off. Not crying about that though is he?!

Prick.

I can hear the Geordie fans in their pubs this lunchtime, "We howld tha Woorld Record fa the greatest numba of VAR checks on a single goawl that were eventually still awarded, man. Haway tha lads."

Back
Top Bottom