Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quite the achievement to make me think , I miss Klopp’s moaning at least he keeps his emotions in check and is measured in his response to adversity. Not a sentence I thought I would ever type but Arteta has got me missing Jurgen’s histrionics and bitching like a baby. A nutter made to look better by an even bigger nutter in my opinion

Last edited:
Liverpool released a statement because the officials got an objective call 100% incorrect, fine.

Woolwich released a statement because the officials got a subjective call in their eyes incorrect.

This is beyond embarrassing and they've just dug themselves a hole because they will get favorable calls from VAR in the future which is gonna make their whining look even more stupid.

I'm sorry but all jokes and "bantz" aside that statement is an absolute disgrace and really dangerous precedent of a slippery slope of press statements every week when a decision doesn't go your way.

While Liverpool bang on the game with us we can all unequivocally concede that an error was made.
no problem, improvement in the communication and a review was needed. we can all agree.

The presumption that an objective factual error went against them yesterday is categorically false!
it was three 50/50 that happen every game. for them to cry foul and release a statement about the injustice is frankly disgraceful and I hope the PL slap them down hard for this.

Their own subjective emotion is getting the better of them and it's an attempt to make it more difficult for decisions to go against Woolwich in the future.

I get annoyed when decisions go against us, but I also accept it's a fucking tough job and it's arguably the only sport when the players are actively looking to make it even harder for the ref. diving, etc

when a ball goes out for a throw/corner it's instinct for both sides to call it as their ball even though one side KNOWS the ball went out off them.

awful stuff, no honuor in the game.

this statement is a disgrace.

Cunts

They are doing a Liverpool. It’s about getting the calls for the next game ‘correct’.

FA need to stamp down on it. Arse should be heavily fined.

To me, one of the worst things were some of the comments I saw from different talking heads almost praising Legohead for his outburst. They were making comments about how the players would love it that he sticks up for them and the club in such a way.

I didn’t see most of the game so when I watched the actual replay I was expecting a major fuck up by VAR based on the comments.

There have been major fuck ups but the media is also partly to blame for the hysteria, and it allows for this type of behavior because it drives views. The reality is now they will all focus on that instead of the performance.

There has to be two opposition players between the ball and the goal line as the ball is played forward in the attacking half. At this point the keeper is behind Gordon.
it's not played "forward" though, sideways at best.

either way, inconclusive.

Lines or no lines, clear view of the ball or not, I cannot for the life of me understand how VAR can't see that Gordon's a mile offside. It's not even close.

taoy16g.png

giphy.gif
He's behind the ball. You can't be offside in that situation.

Liverpool released a statement because the officials got an objective call 100% incorrect, fine.

Woolwich released a statement because the officials got a subjective call in their eyes incorrect.

This is beyond embarrassing and they've just dug themselves a hole because they will get favorable calls from VAR in the future which is gonna make their whining look even more stupid.
Nah, I won't be surprised if the Refs moving forward are going to be less than charitable.

Woolwich aren't victims here of an obvious error, the Refs have every right to be furious at Woolwich for this display.

Irrelevant.
The direction the ball travels in is not relevant to whether he's offside or not.
Where he is, in relation to when the ball is played by the other player, is though. It doesn't matter if the ball travels forward after Joelinton heads it, as long as Gordon is behind the ball when it's played, he's onside.

Show me that law please.

1. Offside position

It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

Back
Top Bottom