Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, a lot of us would agree that no Europe means that focussing on the league is easier. Had the chavs had the European "leveller" this season I'm confident they'd have struggled more in certain games. They wouldn't have been walking the league imo. Again, the CL money was historically crucial to their development on & off the pitch. Need to wash my hands after typing that, but he does have a point.

However, to win the league his squad needs a major overhaul back to front. There's only one player I'd have from them- Sanchez.

So he's dreaming if he thinks it's as simple as not being in the CL. And therein lies his biggest problem. He's unrealistic if he thinks that squad will triumph over 38 games.

You're right, to win the PL his squad does need a massive overhaul, with or without European football.
And interestingly, Wenger has maintained in the past that a successful club could only really integrate 2 or 3 players per season, he needs to in and out at least 6 or 7.

You're right, to win the PL his squad does need a massive overhaul, with or without European football.
And interestingly, Wenger has maintained in the past that a successful club could only really integrate 2 or 3 players per season, he needs to in and out at least 6 or 7.
Spot on. It will be funny if he thinks 2-3 players will turn them into contenders. And he will have to spend big to even get 2-3 players who can improve what he's got.

I think this is why we are finally on the cusp of overtaking them properly. Our squad is better by a mile (Sanchez aside, who is looking likely to do one anyway) & no matter what money is thrown at a couple of players, it won't improve the shit around them.

That lot are green with envy & shitting themselves now. Just hope we can keep our bunch together, because if we can, we will be ahead of them for years to come.

If, 22 years ago (even though most of them would have only just been born), someone had said to these deluded, self entitled, glory hunting pricks:

"You can have 22 years of sustained success, guaranteed champions league football, a new stadium, three league titles, six FA Cups and a manager who reinvents the way the game is played and coached... BUT you have to have a single sixth place finish the end of it"

What do you think they would have said?

"HE'S KILLING OUR CLUB FAM!!!"

Last edited:
If, 22 years ago (even though most of them would have only just been born), someone had said to these deluded, self entitled glory hunting pricks:

"You can have 22 years of sustained success, guaranteed champions league football, a new stadium, three league titles, six FA Cups and a manager who reinvents the way the game is played and coached... BUT you have a single sixth place finish the end of it"

What do you think they would have said?

"HE KILLING OUR CLUB FAM!!!"

Always forget just how agricultural Woolwich used to be back before Wenger, they where like an Allardyce team on steroids.

The thought of Piers Morgan wearing our shirt.. can't we pay for him to be taken out into rural Essex in the boot of a Land Rover

I'll donate if the cast of Woolwich Fan TV dowse the shirt in petrol and set fire to it with him still in it.

Robbie can film it and put it out - instant 1 million views.

Last edited:
frac_10-02_37243_lg.gif

:wanyama:

Back
Top Bottom