Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

It's incredible & I don't know why it bothers me but it does. You've got to be some special level of idiot to have not managed to get it right by now.

The other one is "Jewventus" .
Regarding juventus, I've always pronounced it with a Y sound but last summer I got talking football with a few random Italians on the train, all of which pronounced it with a very clear J, threw me off a bit

Regarding juventus, I've always pronounced it with a Y sound but last summer I got talking football with a few random Italians on the train, all of which pronounced it with a very clear J, threw me off a bit

People I know from Turin say Yu maybe it's dielect

You said you'd never used the word 'mong' - DeeGee proved you had. Why not admit it and apologise? Posting pictures of Patrick Stewart doesn't help. It's there as plain as day. What can you possibly hope to gain by denying it? This is most unlike you. Has this place become a forum for liars? I think it has - these are the new rules. It's awful.

"No I didn't" is the mantra on here. It's fucking shit.

You said you'd never used the word 'mong' - DeeGee proved you had. Why not admit it and apologise? Posting pictures of Patrick Stewart doesn't help. It's there as plain as day. What can you possibly hope to gain by denying it? This is most unlike you. Has this place become a forum for liars? I think it has - these are the new rules. It's awful.

"No I didn't" is the mantra on here. It's fucking shit.
I'll happily admit that many years ago I used it until I realised it was wrong (all his examples are very old). But I'll do so when he owns up to the fact he offered up a racist stereotype of all Nigerians as con men.

Anyhow, what business is it of yours? You're the guy who tried to justify the use of the N word.

Now that's what I like to see! That could be an absolute disaster for the arse, sacked within 6 months my prediction :kanegoal:

An old classmate from back when I lived in Holland was a big Woolwich fan and always told me Henry was the chosen-one to succeed Wenger in his eyes. To defend his claim, he always showed me a video of Henry analyzing a game:

My reaction:
200.gif

Nothing in that video proves or shows what makes Henry a good manager or even good enough to succeed the old Le Arse.
I always told him that to me, Henry is more interested in being a pundit or youth-coach (or assistant) than really taking up the job himself, because if he fails and gets sacked, it'll taint his legacy at Woolwich.

It's too naive for them goons to think Henry will do a good job. Man has 0 knowledge of being a manager. Take Zola from Chelsea for an example. Say what you want about Zola: he was an amazingly good player but an absolute joke of a manager who'll be sacked by Birmingham City within a few weeks now.

An old classmate from back when I lived in Holland was a big Woolwich fan and always told me Henry was the chosen-one to succeed Wenger in his eyes. To defend his claim, he always showed me a video of Henry analyzing a game:

My reaction:
200.gif

Nothing in that video proves or shows what makes Henry a good manager or even good enough to succeed the old Le Arse.
I always told him that to me, Henry is more interested in being a pundit or youth-coach (or assistant) than really taking up the job himself, because if he fails and gets sacked, it'll taint his legacy at Woolwich.

It's too naive for them goons to think Henry will do a good job. Man has 0 knowledge of being a manager. Take Zola from Chelsea for an example. Say what you want about Zola: he was an amazingly good player but an absolute joke of a manager who'll be sacked by Birmingham City within a few weeks now.

Let them think he's the messiah. It would be damn hilarious when he's going to uncle arsene for advice. He will likely be a fucking disaster there.

Get out the popcorn bucket, sit back, relax & enjoy the circus if it does happen.

Let them think he's the messiah. It would be damn hilarious when he's going to uncle arsene for advice. He will likely be a fucking disaster there.

Get out the popcorn bucket, sit back, relax & enjoy the circus if it does happen.
List of great players who became great managers is quite small. Off my head
Beckenbauer
Cruyff
Gauriouda (bit of stretch to include him in the great player lexicon)
Dalglish
Clough (brillant player in his day great scoring record but injury cut his career down before he'd achieved anything as a player)

After that I'm struggling I am sure Bardi Bardi could chip in with some Italian candidates.

And zinadane may join that list. But like all the others in that list save Clough they were all at clubs that they inherited or were bequeathed vast resources.

Chances of Henry joining that list are pretty slim.

Beckenbauer
Cruyff
Dalglish
Clough (brillant player in his day great scoring record but injury cut his career down before he'd achieved anything as a player)

After that I'm struggling I am sure Bardi Bardi could chip in with some Italian candidates.

And zinadane may join that list. But like all the others in that list save Clough they were all at clubs that they inherited or were bequeathed vast resources.

Capello
Ancellotti

spring to mind.

By great I am not sure how great you want to go.

Zidane possibly on his way to greatness with a CL to his name already, or someone like Conte even though he's CFC...

Beckenbauer
Cruyff
Dalglish

Difficult one as some have a period of success that could just be attributed to their reputation as a player and ability to attract top players.

But then again very few managers dominate for long periods anyway...

and today's news.... please let this happen, fine example of a French version of PFM....

The Woolwich job? I don't know, says Thierry Henry as he refuses to rule out replacing Arsene Wenger

I love their list of possible candidates to replace Wenger. Who's ass do they pull these lists from exactly? Why the hell would Diego Simeone go to that rancid turd of a club? I'm sure Allegri is sitting on pins and needles at the moment at the thought of coaching Walcott, I'm sure.

The only one on that list I could possibly imagine going would be Howe, and I like him too much to see him do something so stupid.

Back
Top Bottom