Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed.

He's always had the 'dramatic' about his commentary, and I used to quite like that but since joining Sky he's gone up another level, and it's not good. Too scripted, too much eulogising.
I suspect that Sky hired him specifically for the drama and are asking him to ramp it up.

He went way OTT with Udogie at the beginning and I don't remember him giving him much credit for his great performance after the first goal.
The problem is that for so called experts, Neville, Carra, etc only really know what they watch and what the current trends are.

They wouldn't know much about half our side Sunday because they have no real interest in us. Its why everyone was so convinced we were gonna get hammered. To them, our side was a group of unknowns with no real threat cos they hadn't given them the stamp of approval yet.

As we grow and put in more and more performances, they'll start lauding our lot as if they knew all about them all along and that they always knew they were great.

Its pathetic that they get paid so handsomely to only really tow the company line.

Edit: Another example of this being Neville's 'copying Pep' comment. Clearly showing a complete lack of knowledge of football history outside the Prem/Champions League bubble.

Last edited:
Nothing to laugh about yet, but we have put a pause in their incessant smile.

Early days but Havertz lookojg very much like our Richarlison.

Life is so much between the ears. Both players struggle in that regard, which seems strange but there for all to see.

Just hope we can make them weep.

The problem is that for so called experts, Neville, Carra, etc only really know what they watch and what the current trends are.

They wouldn't know much about half our side Sunday because they have no real interest in us. Its why everyone was so convinced we were gonna get hammered. To them, our side was a group of unknowns with no real threat cos they hadn't given them the stamp of approval yet.

As we grow and put in more and more performances, they'll start lauding our lot as if they knew all about them all along and that they always knew they were great.

Its pathetic that they get paid so handsomely to only really tow the company line.

Edit: Another example of this being Neville's 'copying Pep' comment. Clearly showing a complete lack of knowledge of football history outside the Prem/Champions League bubble.

Great post, that is spot on. They do it with a lot of teams. Perfect for them because then they have all the ammunition to beat the clubs with on the way down.

At the moment they are praising Ange for taking the heat off the players. If they make a mistake he will say it was his fault because they played like he told them. I remember Rodgers saying something similar when he was Swansea manager. As soon as results went bad they used it as a stick to beat him with. If we lose a few games I guarantee they do it with Ange. They will say he isnt letting the players own up to their own mistakes or something like that. He wont be able to win.

Back
Top Bottom