Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All of this name calling and ill feelings aside let me just say what a fantastic season this is for both of our clubs. Watching the England game the other night showed just how well we're doing. Alli was superb, Kane scored a beauty and Vardy comes out to score a great goal. Our players look much more confident than people like Lallana, Henderson and Welbeck. Long may it continue!

As for the title run in, it's just too close to call. Ok we have the points gap but that can quite quickly diminish. I've been disappointed with the attitude of both sets of fans towards each other to be honest. It should be celebrated that we can be 1st and 2nd in the league when you look at what the likes of both Manchester clubs and Chelsea have spent

Good luck for the rest of the season (honest)
Good luck to you lot as well.
No ill feeling from me at all.

My first away game was against this lot, 82 semi final at Villa Park, I ltood right by the gangway up the middle of the Holte end separating them and us. Showered in spit after Ian Wilson scored a wonderful OG to put us 2 up.

Que sera sera.......

I agree this has been, and continues to be, the best prem season ever for both clubs. It is hard to call. Leicester are clearly favourites because of their points advantage, but 5 points is not that many, it can disappear in just 2 games and we have 7 available to close the gap. Our goal difference means we only need to close those 5 points. I don't expect us to drop any points, we will win all 7. That is just the mentality at Spurs at the moment, we want to win the title and we aren't scared of anyone, we are going after three points from every game. I don't think you are afraid of anyone either, but you have the pressure and we don't. It is always easier to chase than be chased. So if you win all your games, you will win and deservedly so. But if you even lose 1 game and draw 1 game, or worse, then you'll lose the title to us. It's very exciting.

Looking at history, clubs often slip up in the run in, especially the clubs that were not expected to be there. Spurs have every chance of beating Leicester to the title. But Leicester are where they are by rights and I won't disrespect them, you're still expected to win, we'll just have to see who will actually finish top. Whoever wins it deserves it more than the usual suspects. No Citeh, or Chelsea with their money. No ManU with their Fergie-time. No Woolwich...well, just no Woolwich, they've not won it for ages.

I think both clubs deserve massive credit and it is great because next year several traditionally big clubs will miss out on CL. That is good for English football. The one year we were in the CL we were fantastic, it needs fresh blood every so often. And it's not just the CL. Both clubs can challenge for the prem title again next season also.

I agree this has been, and continues to be, the best prem season ever for both clubs. It is hard to call. Leicester are clearly favourites because of their points advantage, but 5 points is not that many, it can disappear in just 2 games and we have 7 available to close the gap. Our goal difference means we only need to close those 5 points. I don't expect us to drop any points, we will win all 7. That is just the mentality at Spurs at the moment, we want to win the title and we aren't scared of anyone, we are going after three points from every game. I don't think you are afraid of anyone either, but you have the pressure and we don't. It is always easier to chase than be chased. So if you win all your games, you will win and deservedly so. But if you even lose 1 game and draw 1 game, or worse, then you'll lose the title to us. It's very exciting.

Looking at history, clubs often slip up in the run in, especially the clubs that were not expected to be there. Spurs have every chance of beating Leicester to the title. But Leicester are where they are by rights and I won't disrespect them, you're still expected to win, we'll just have to see who will actually finish top. Whoever wins it deserves it more than the usual suspects. No Citeh, or Chelsea with their money. No ManU with their Fergie-time. No Woolwich...well, just no Woolwich, they've not won it for ages.

I think both clubs deserve massive credit and it is great because next year several traditionally big clubs will miss out on CL. That is good for English football. The one year we were in the CL we were fantastic, it needs fresh blood every so often. And it's not just the CL. Both clubs can challenge for the prem title again next season also.

I agree with this sentiment.

My feelings are..We mustn't get all cosy with the situation as it stands at the moment and expect it to be a pleasant run in against LC.

Lets see where we are after Liverpool, the mood will quickly change, if it goes tits up. Top three places are one win/lose from changing the status/mood of the PL, thats how fragile it all is. The Woolwich are in the running as much as us and LC have it all to lose. The old cliche is best, one game at a time and not worry about the others.

To think they were in the same position a year ago as Villa are now. I may even have rooted for them to stay up. Jesus wept, if they'd have gone down....

Have to say congratulations to Leicester and all their fans that love coming on here. It will be the greatest team sporting achievement of my lifetime. I hope the memories, and movie they make about it, keep you warm at night when you do a Blackburn and get relegated. The future is bright, the future is lilywhite. But hats off for this freak season.

Have to say congratulations to Leicester and all their fans that love coming on here. It will be the greatest team sporting achievement of my lifetime. I hope the memories, and movie they make about it, keep you warm at night when you do a Blackburn and get relegated. The future is bright, the future is lilywhite. But hats off for this freak season.
I'm sure they'll enjoy putting that in their 'validation from other club supporters' file they seem so desperate to put together.
:levystare:

They just want some love.
Leicester fans this is for you... :dierpochhug:

Now go away :dembelefingers:

I think Leicester next season will really have tough ask competing on two fronts. I actually think they can do alright in the champions league, I expect them to get through the group stages if they are in the right group. However, they will need to buy a lot of players. Their second string, as we saw, is pretty mediocre at best. Changing a set up can skew things.
They will also need to keep Mahrez, Vardy and Kante. Vardy will stay almost certainly stay because of his age. Leicester don't need to sell so it is up to the other two what they want to do. I suspect they will stay another season then go.

I think Leicester next season will really have tough ask competing on two fronts. I actually think they can do alright in the champions league, I expect them to get through the group stages if they are in the right group. However, they will need to buy a lot of players. Their second string, as we saw, is pretty mediocre at best. Changing a set up can skew things.
They will also need to keep Mahrez, Vardy and Kante. Vardy will stay almost certainly stay because of his age. Leicester don't need to sell so it is up to the other two what they want to do. I suspect they will stay another season then go.
I agree with you there. It's surprising what can work well in European competitions, and they'll have the benefit of being underestimated by a lot of the opposition (even if/when they do win the league).

Counterattacking football sure worked for Spurs in 2010/11.

Back
Top Bottom