Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would be foolish to think the title is done and dusted as Leicester still have four very difficult matches on paper (although David Pleat did once say paper teams only win paper cups - got to love Cheeky Chops).

That said, I almost feel as tough the onus is on finishing second at the moment and hope that Leicester do fuck up enough for us to reign them in. After the season we've had to finish below Woolwich would be pretty shattering.
No one is a match for LC at the moment. I predicted some time ago (after playing us) they will not drop many points , if any?
The only recent game they lost was against the Woolwich and then they had a man controversially sent off that turned the fixture against them. We must accept they have won the PL.

images

0b28f5d6ae04f95439843716bd8058ddfe6e1ca0ec6575f322abfc292430edd3.jpg

Weird one of the links he posted was a lighthearted comment about what points they need to drop for us to catch Leicester. It even ended 'I need medication'. Maybe he does not understand irony or that we want to win the league just like they do. In any case, most of the recent comments have been fairly reasonable and balanced so I don't understand this obsession with finding some people who don't like Leicester on here. It is strange, I could go through their forum and find casually racist comments about us being jews, something about us and Israel and 'free Palestine' in relation to us. You know what I realise you have some idiots and so do we. Although I now believe FoxesTalk has become worse than this place by quite some way now.

Last edited:
Weird one of the links he posted was a lighthearted comment about what points they need to drop for us to catch Leicester. It even ended 'I need medication'. Maybe he does not understand irony or that we want to win the league just like they do. In any case, most of the recent comments have been fairly reasonable and balanced so I don't understand this obsession with finding some people who don't like Leicester on here. It is strange, I could go through their forum and find casually racist comments about us being jews, Israel and 'free Palestine'. You know what I realise you have some idiots and so do we. Although I now believe FoxesTalk has become worse than this place by quite some way now.
They'll get an inflow of plastics, of course (in fact, someone mentioned to me that the r/soccer thread on reddit has become a weird echo chamber of Leicester love, and the number of subscribers to the Leicester subreddit has boomed during this season - many of the people swapping their Man City fandom over. Oh dear).

Meh, there's only so much of the media telling you that you're fabulous, and a fairy tale, before it's gonna go to your head and you should believe that all neutrals must love you.
Then weirdly, believe that it should extend to NON neutrals and act surprised when we don't join in with the love (because let's face it, we haven't been neutral this season, and with good reason).

There's probably some good underlying reasons for all this. I've guessed before that this is very much a right here right now moment for them, and it'll be very interesting to see where they end up next season (Hey, they could win it again. Who the fuck knows). So maybe that makes them want to get validation from everyone to make themselves feel more secure? I dunno.
I can kinda understand that. Among friends (supporters of other teams) I've always wanted to play Spurs down this year, while still being very pleased at our progress, so as to not bring bad luck. So they've often been hyping Spurs more than I have!

The other thing that's worth bearing in mind is the lack of proper rivalry/local derby for Leicester City. Yes, they're kinda in a triangle of hate with Derby County and Nottingham Forest, but we all know that they're very much the third wheel in that one (and aren't even in the same league right now). There's also Coventry City I suppose but... bleh.
It's a one-team town (also a rugby town with a very successful team, so not everyone cares about football) - there's a unity to the local fanbase in a way you simply don't get in Manchester or London.

So perhaps they're just not used to people turning round and calling them cunts.

Last edited:
Leicester looked fucked yesterday, and I predict they will lose twice to manure & chavs, and finish on 75 points, 2 below Spurs
You do realise that if Chelsea have nothing to play for by the final day of the season, and Leicester still need 1 or 3 points to win the title ahead of US, the Chelsea players will spend the entire 90 minutes sitting in the centre circle, reading holiday brochures, whilst Leicester stroll to the result they need!
Chelsea fans would love nothing better... Claudio parading the League trophy instead of us... at Stamford Bridge...? It's fucking written!

If the league ISN'T decided in the next 5 games, I really wouldn't get your hopes up of a last day miracle!

...and don't say Man City dud it, 'cos if you remember at the time, they were the fairytale story (albeit with an additional coupla hundred million pounds investment) not Man Utd! This year's Sky Sports/BBC Fairy Tale is all about Leicester! WE are the evil villan of the piece...
If we were to somehow do it, and beat Leicester to the title, we'd be the most unpopular winners of a trophy since Jimmy Saville, Fred West, Josef Fritzel, Rolf Harris and Adam Johnson put together a Charity 5-a-side team to raise money for Children in Need!

Back
Top Bottom