Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well done Vermin, you've won the league with 5 games to spare yet seek comfort and adulation on your closest competitors forum.

Given that, if you do slip up I'm sure we'll discuss it with you...

Like fuck. Get out of here.

FOX%20MM%2021.9.10_PD1760398_l.jpg

And, in fairness, but just to show how quickly we forget and how myopic we are - in the your fixture at the Etihad - had that been a LC penalty, what would you have said? My guess - NO WAY WAS THAT A FUCKING PEN!

Point being that we all forget the ones that go for us, and remember those that don't.

Why can't you discuss this with your own fans? Why come on here and taunt poor fellows?

No one is seriously suggesting your team is on drugs. Why are you so prickly on the subject? You lot are the most defensive fans in the league. I realise you won't reply to me, but give it a rest mate. What are you seeking here?

Hi Joe - happy to reply. Are we overly-sensitive? Maybe. I suppose it could be because in the past few weeks we've had a whole range of stuff thrown our way - not normal football stuff - trying to explain why we're done well. Drugs, secret referees cartels (believe me, Blue Moon has an entire thread on it), financial doping. And it gets a bit wearing.

Hi Joe - happy to reply. Are we overly-sensitive? Maybe. I suppose it could be because in the past few weeks we've had a whole range of stuff thrown our way - not normal football stuff - trying to explain why we're done well. Drugs, secret referees cartels (believe me, Blue Moon has an entire thread on it), financial doping. And it gets a bit wearing.

It's just the stuff you get when you're in the spotlight. Every team at the top gets it. You've just got to deal with it without whining (not saying you are) but plenty of your fans are. Look, everyone in the football world wants you to win the league, but for many of your fans that isn't enough. I really don't understand it at all. Why do you want to be loved so much? You have our respect, and that's enough for anyone surely?

Wasn't meaning to taunt - I'll get my coat.
For what other reason would you be on here? Simply to shoot the shit about our respective chances for the title? After the shit we've had on here, and on the laughable FoxesTalk, it's going to be a bit difficult. I do get it though - you're a decent Leicester fan who only wants to take some heat out of the situation and give a reasoned, rational argument. There's no reason to collect your coat.

And, in fairness, but just to show how quickly we forget and how myopic we are - in the your fixture at the Etihad - had that been a LC penalty, what would you have said? My guess - NO WAY WAS THAT A FUCKING PEN!

Point being that we all forget the ones that go for us, and remember those that don't.
Actually, I said it wasn't a penalty and that we were gifted the penalty at the time.
:pochsmirk:

I struggle to think of any others...

After a quick google search, here's an impartial website that regularly reviews refereeing decisions:

Ref Review: The incorrect decisions from week 33 - TEAMtalk | Latest Football News & Transfer Rumours

They certainly feel you've had more 'dodgy decisions' go your way than we have - but I don't even think it's down to the referees, I think it's down to your improbably low goals conceded to chances conceded rate.

For what other reason would you be on here? Simply to shoot the shit about our respective chances for the title? After the shit we've had on here, and on the laughable FoxesTalk, it's going to be a bit difficult. I do get it though - you're a decent Leicester fan who only wants to take some heat out of the situation and give a reasoned, rational argument. There's no reason to collect your coat.
Morning Joe
Yep, that's about the strength of it. I can't speak for any other foxes fans, only myself and the ones I know. Shooting the shit about our respective chances for the title puts it better than I have. I love football, consequently I have no problem with Spurs - it's indisputably a great side. In fact, if we do go on to win it, it will be even sweeter knowing that we had a real challenge! Obviously I'll defend the team I'm wedded to, but hopefully not blindly or stupidly. I hate that dick-swinging crap. But equally I don't want to be the away fan who borrowed his mates ST and makes everyone around him in the home section uncomfortable by being nice. Nothing worse. It's your forum, I wasn't invited in.

Morning Joe
Yep, that's about the strength of it. I can't speak for any other foxes fans, only myself and the ones I know. Shooting the shit about our respective chances for the title puts it better than I have. I love football, consequently I have no problem with Spurs - it's indisputably a great side. In fact, if we do go on to win it, it will be even sweeter knowing that we had a real challenge! Obviously I'll defend the team I'm wedded to, but hopefully not blindly or stupidly. I hate that dick-swinging crap. But equally I don't want to be the away fan who borrowed his mates ST and makes everyone around him in the home section uncomfortable by being nice. Nothing worse. It's your forum, I wasn't invited in.

You're quite welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, I said it wasn't a penalty and that we were gifted the penalty at the time.
:pochsmirk:

I struggle to think of any others...

After a quick google search, here's an impartial website that regularly reviews refereeing decisions:

Ref Review: The incorrect decisions from week 33 - TEAMtalk | Latest Football News & Transfer Rumours

They certainly feel you've had more 'dodgy decisions' go your way than we have - but I don't even think it's down to the referees, I think it's down to your improbably low goals conceded to chances conceded rate.

Hi Mr Duke

It could well be. My worry about the West Ham game is that we defend very narrowly - full-backs tucking in to invite crosses as we're confident that Huth/Wes will deal with them and they do. But of course they possess the only 9 in the league who on his day is almost unbeatable in the air. Yes, he's a donkey in every other respect, but as a header of the ball he's fantastic. They also have the players to get it to land on that ridiculous hair. So I could see us dropping points at the weekend.

Sorry if I've sounded harsh, but we've had a problem with some of your fans on here and it's made me a bit wary. No problem with you though.
It's fine mate, I get it. People approach things in different ways, particularly over the internet. Happens on every forum, to every club, I guess.

Hi Mr Duke

It could well be. My worry about the West Ham game is that we defend very narrowly - full-backs tucking in to invite crosses as we're confident that Huth/Wes will deal with them and they do. But of course they possess the only 9 in the league who on his day is almost unbeatable in the air. Yes, he's a donkey in every other respect, but as a header of the ball he's fantastic. They also have the players to get it to land on that ridiculous hair. So I could see us dropping points at the weekend.

This is a huge game for you. Win it and I think that's that, but should you drop points there will be a lot of nervy fans, and that can affect the players in your remaining home games. Of course we need to keep winning. I notice many Leicester fans are saying 'we've only lost three games all season, we're not going to lose 2 or 3 on the run in', but getting over that line is very difficult, as Liverpool fans will admit. (Well maybe not Liverpool fans but you catch my drift).

Strange old place this

A season that began with panic and Gibbsy ends now as a calm online psychicatric practice where Leicester fans can come and discuss their feelings of wanting to be loved and get expert guidance of how to be a fan of a club who have had success

Richie De Laet plays for Leicester but is on loan at Middlesborough. He has played enough for both sides that he is line for two Champions medals. That has to be an unprecedented achievement.

Strange old place this

A season that began with panic and Gibbsy ends now as a calm online psychicatric practice where Leicester fans can come and discuss their feelings of wanting to be loved and get expert guidance of how to be a fan of a club who have had success

Too much red.

Back
Top Bottom