Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just don’t learn do they, he’s completely worthless nowadays, and a complete fucking baby to boot
They also have limited money to spend. They are completely reliant on revenue from performance. Apart from Arnoutavic, who went for a modest sum in today's market, they can't really increase revenue from selling players. They even struggle to get sponsors on board.
As evidenced by the word "London" on their badge, they are now nothing more than a brand; Brady has made that clear. I honestly don't understand the business sense of the stadium move. The asset strip by the owners is strange. Why would one sell an asset for a shitty rental agreement on a site which will quickly lose its appeal? In the very short term it works, but over time they are fucked. The "heritage" has already worn off. Very soon it will look like the old Wembley did in 1998.
Imagine if they get relegated...

Last edited:
They are the epitome of the problems which exist in the Premier League - They believe the hype Sky Sports creates around "the best league in the world". They believe the hype, that they are a global club, not realising a lot of that is connected to Green Street, and has nothing to do with their achievements on the football pitch. They believe they need to sign "big name" players like Higuain, rather than trying to develop their own, or take a risk on promising players from the Championship.

This should be a club, which is churning out young talented footballers and selling them on at extortionate fees to the likes of Man City, Chelsea et al, yet they prefer to buy old players on a downward trajectory.

But for that, they would need to have owners in there who were realistic and showed some business acumen, who get in managers, who will just keep them around midtable while developing these players. Then in the long run they would build a successful club. Instead they are looking for instant gratification and success and putting the club on the line.

Sadly I believe there will be at least 3 clubs who are worse than them this season, and I think that Pellegrini is probably a decent enough manager to keep them up. But I wish that that they would go down, to show the fallacy of their approach. And also because it would be amusing.

They are the epitome of the problems which exist in the Premier League - They believe the hype Sky Sports creates around "the best league in the world". They believe the hype, that they are a global club, not realising a lot of that is connected to Green Street, and has nothing to do with their achievements on the football pitch. They believe they need to sign "big name" players like Higuain, rather than trying to develop their own, or take a risk on promising players from the Championship.

This should be a club, which is churning out young talented footballers and selling them on at extortionate fees to the likes of Man City, Chelsea et al, yet they prefer to buy old players on a downward trajectory.

But for that, they would need to have owners in there who were realistic and showed some business acumen, who get in managers, who will just keep them around midtable while developing these players. Then in the long run they would build a successful club. Instead they are looking for instant gratification and success and putting the club on the line.

Sadly I believe there will be at least 3 clubs who are worse than them this season, and I think that Pellegrini is probably a decent enough manager to keep them up. But I wish that that they would go down, to show the fallacy of their approach. And also because it would be amusing.
they were above us for a few years in the 90's which also adds to this, in thier minds they are "as big" as us and should be doing what we are doing.

They also have limited money to spend. They are completely reliant on revenue from performance. Apart from Arnoutavic, who went for a modest sum in today's market, they can't really increase revenue from selling players. They even struggle to get sponsors on board. As evidenced by the word "London" on their badge, they are now nothing more than a brand; Brady has made that clear. I honestly don't understand the business sense of the stadium move. The asset strip by the owners is strange. Why would one sell an asset for a shitty rental agreement on a site which will quickly lose its appeal? In the very short term it works, but over time they are fucked. The "heritage" has already worn off. Very soon it will look like the old Wembley did in 1998.
Imagine if they get relegated...
To think that The Stadium will have it's TENTH anniversary the season after next too!!

The level of positivity about West Ham is mindboggling.

Pelegrini - is a pull, players want to play for him because he improves them! (I think Pellegrini is a decent Manager but who the fuck has he improved?)
The Stadium - To a Man, Woman and Child the entire World knows just how shit the stadium is, yet it's a reason why players will want to play for them!!
ONE player away - LOL!
Ambition - They state it shows the intent of the Club yet does not link this so-called ambition with actually having to pay for the player ergo pay his buyout clause rather than stage it over instalments.
Coming to London - Well it's why they've rebranded and stamped it on their crest.
Not playing in Europe - For the first time, I've seen Sky pundits (is that who this lot are?) spin not being in Europe as a positive. I mean for the last decade it's what they have been telling us our players will leave and why we can't go after player 'x' as they should be going to Utd instead, always prefaced with "with respect".

Their recruitment is now very good because they signed Anderson - no mention of Nasri, Arni, Wilshire or Hernandez, Zabaleta, Snoddy & Balbuena.

The spin starts @9:37

A new turn of phrase has also been coined; "re-back opened"

:adethumbup:

Last edited:
Part of me always wanted Balotelli to make it for the shear entertainment value....he's the spiritual successor to Maradona in terms of just being totally unhinged.

It seems like he should be 40 now, no doubt why spam are interested. At this point it's hard to even remember why anyone thought he was good in the first place.

Spam having Balotelli and Wilshere together would be incredible comedy.
Part of me always wanted Balotelli to make it for the shear entertainment value....he's the spiritual successor to Maradona in terms of just being totally unhinged.

It seems like he should be 40 now, no doubt why spam are interested. At this point it's hard to even remember why anyone thought he was good in the first place.

Spam having Balotelli and Wilshere together would be incredible comedy.
Balotelli was an incredible talent as the young lithe winger at inter

Bulked right up,lost his pace, believed his own hype, turned shit

West Ham have agreed to meet his release clause but want to pay it in installments. Some things never change
What's funny about that, as per Bill Madrid Bill Madrid , they don't pay the Club. The player pays the release clause and they pay the player. So this idea it broke down based on the payment structure is either itk horseshit(likely) or spam making bids they know can't work out.yet again. (More likely)

What's funny about that, as per Bill Madrid Bill Madrid , they don't pay the Club. The player pays the release clause and they pay the player. So this idea it broke down based on the payment structure is either itk horseshit(likely) or spam making bids they know can't work out.yet again. (More likely)
Latter, I would have thought to appease their fanbase.

According to Bild West Ham United offered Frankfurt 40m for Haller, but Haller is not interested in joining them and declined their offer

I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to go, does he not know that they will have the largest stadium in London???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom