Confess your unpopular opinion.....on Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

board shrooms GIF
Not sure if this is inspired by her interview with expressions oozing, but if you've not watched it the guy is funny but surely has to be on a sex offenders register by now

I still love Poch. Sorry - can't help it.

:pochrolleyes:

I don’t love him going there but I don’t begrudge him working, we could easily have taken him back. He kept his word, he didn’t go to Woolwich, he said nothing of Chelsea.

That being said I want Chavs to fail so that means him failing.

I always knew Conte was a fraud, but I didn't want to get abused on here so I said nothing, and even tried to get on board, telling myself "well, he just won Serie A, not like washed Mourinho".

During his stint at Juve they were very rich (the richest in the league?), and so naturally likely to win things. His "ending Juve's reign" was more their own doing than his. Inter did quite well without him the year after, and even made a CL final. Same as Juve made multple CL finals without him.

His win at Chelsea falls squarly on the shoulders of Poch. We were clearly the better team, we just failed to turn a couple of draws into wins, whereas they managed to scrape a fair few dodgy 1-0 wins. The FA cup was also on Poch.

His accolades are just too circumstantial.

I always knew Conte was a fraud, but I didn't want to get abused on here so I said nothing, and even tried to get on board, telling myself "well, he just won Serie A, not like washed Mourinho".

During his stint at Juve they were very rich (the richest in the league?), and so naturally likely to win things. His "ending Juve's reign" was more their own doing than his. Inter did quite well without him the year after, and even made a CL final. Same as Juve made multple CL finals without him.

His win at Chelsea falls squarly on the shoulders of Poch. We were clearly the better team, we just failed to turn a couple of draws into wins, whereas they managed to scrape a fair few dodgy 1-0 wins. The FA cup was also on Poch.

You don't give him credit for what he did at Juventus? They finished 7th the season before and then they went unbeaten the next season and won 3 in a row.

He deserves credit at Chelsea, his system change led to a 13 game winning streak.

You don't give him credit for what he did at Juventus? They finished 7th the season before and then they went unbeaten the next season and won 3 in a row.

He deserves credit at Chelsea, his system change led to a 13 game winning streak.
He's obviously no Tim Sherwood, but he's clearly nowhere near as good as his trophy haul and reputation suggests.

The last time he won a Champions League knockout game was March 2013.

Crazy.

He's obviously no Tim Sherwood, but he's clearly nowhere near as good as his trophy haul and reputation suggests.
Maybe not, but you can't discount what he did for Juventus. He took a team that finished 7th two seasons in a row and won 3 titles in a row. Pirlo even said Conte was the best coach he ever had. Conte literally revived his career.

He isn't an all time great or anything, but his trophy haul is reflective of his ability as a manager.

Maybe not, but you can't discount what he did for Juventus. He took a team that finished 7th two seasons in a row and won 3 titles in a row. Pirlo even said Conte was the best coach he ever had. Conte literally revived his career.

He isn't an all time great or anything, but his trophy haul is reflective of his ability as a manager.

His title win at Chelsea was also very impressive. Chelsea were incredibly well oiled that season.

Fell off very quickly though, but won an FA cup the following season. Inter had also had a massive dry patch before he arrived and he won it with ease.

He's turned around multiple clubs, established his system and had very successful league campaigns. He's crap in Europe & has a limited shelf-life but he wins league titles everywhere he's been not named Tottenham.

His title win at Chelsea was also very impressive. Chelsea were incredibly well oiled that season.

Fell off very quickly though, but won an FA cup the following season. Inter had also had a massive dry patch before he arrived and he won it with ease.

He's turned around multiple clubs, established his system and had very successful league campaigns. He's crap in Europe & has a limited shelf-life but he wins league titles everywhere he's been not named Tottenham.
Yep, he brought 3 at the back to the premier league and went on a long unbeaten run with it. That change in system came off the back of a bad loss as well, they wouldn't have won the league if he didn't make the change. All credit goes to him.

His problem was that he wasn't Pep, and that was the standard if you wanted to win the PL after 2017. Also the fact that he's emotionally unstable and loses interest quickly,which is what happened in his second season with Chelsea and us.

People will say he won because he was given money and good players, but its almost impossible to win without those two things. I don't hold it against him at all.

His press conferences are gold too. The only manager who I actually tuned in to listen to (Believe it or not, I don't even listen to Ange's pressers).

But I'm not going to rewrite history, I was happy to see the back of him. However, he did bring some standards back to the club. The fact that we were miserable even though he had us in 5th majority of last season says it all. We'd kill for that this season. For that I would say his time here was a net positive.

Back
Top Bottom