Controversial opinions about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont care what thread this is Admin Admin ban this clown!!!
You know what to do drop your controversial opinions in here, free of ridicule or questioning :sneaky:
raspberry tongue out GIF

racist, financial doped idiots are chavs. Not controversial to me.

I think I agree but in terms of where both clubs are (Spurs and Woolwich) it's actually better for us if they don't qualify for the CL, it's kinda pivotal as to where both clubs finish this season

I GENUINELY think our Lasagne was tampered with, and that it wasn't 'just an unfortunate case of food poisioning'
...I ACTUALLY think someone davdid it deinliberately, and that the truth was covered up and buried...

If it had have happened to the likes of Liverpool or Man Utd, there would've been a criminal investigation until the perpetrators were found, and brought to justice.
'cos it was us, we were simply laughed at and told to stop being sore losers... Well fuck that!

I am now h'away to get my Tin Hat fitted for the Final.... YES!
p04dxz8w.jpg

Last edited:
Our fans,in some cases,can be as deluded as some opposition fans say we are. Except west ham,as they talk bollocks...

Chick king isnt as great as we like to think,or indeed as it was.
The Chips from the sadly defunct Chippy next to WHL station north bound platform exit,knock the above mentioned Chick king's version into a Cocked hat
Ah, the Chinese Chippy next to the station....that brings back some memories on route to the now closed Irish Centre 😪

Dele was not the same player after his injury in late 2018, it had nothing to do with commitment or Poch/Mourinho.

Said it in the Poch thread I think the other day but will say it here

Poch is massively overrated by a large section of fans, and with a squad consisting of peak Dembele,Eriksen, Jan, Toby, Walker, Rose, and Wanyama it was fucking criminal he didn't win a single trophy.

And his player acquisition was by and large shit also.

We had been so shit for so long and he was such a nice bloke we didn't notice at the time until after the CL final.

That team we had at his disposal was capable off winning the league and if we had Klopp or Tuchel or someone of that ilk we would have won the league.

Said it in the Poch thread I think the other day but will say it here

Poch is massively overrated by a large section of fans, and with a squad consisting of peak Dembele,Eriksen, Jan, Toby, Walker, Rose, and Wanyama it was fucking criminal he didn't win a single trophy.

And his player acquisition was by and large shit also.

We had been so shit for so long and he was such a nice bloke we didn't notice at the time until after the CL final.

That team we had at his disposal was capable off winning the league and if we had Klopp or Tuchel or someone of that ilk we would have won the league.
You give him no credit at all, as if anyone with those players would achieve the same results.

You give him no credit at all, as if anyone with those players would achieve the same results.

Got us playing a very attractive style off football with said squad no doubt and in my life it's the best i saw. But he was never able to replace any of said squad and Every player brought in by him was a direct downgrade on who they replaced. And his final year was legit the worst I've ever seen us play.

He did a great job getting rid of players and was a ruthless cunt his first 2 years and took us away from the mire that AVB and Tactics Tim was. But in hindsight he should have been winning things with that team and i don't think thats debatable

Got us playing a very attractive style off football with said squad no doubt and in my life it's the best i saw. And the 16/17 season was an amazing season with the unbeaten WHL and 2nd place behind a Chelsea with Conte at the helm and no Europe.

But he was never able to replace any of said squad once they started leaving, and Every player brought in by him was a direct downgrade on who they replaced. And his final year was legit the worst I've ever seen us play. And don't get me started on that fucking diamond formation

He did a great job getting rid of players and was a ruthless cunt his first 2 years and took us away from the mire that AVB and Tactics Tim was. And installed belief and purpose in a very good team that has been criminally mismanaged.

But in hindsight he should have been winning things with that team and i don't think thats debatable when it had the players mentioned plus Lloris in his prime Son and Kane when he was an out and our goal scoring machine.

I'm not saying we should have won everything or even a PL but an FA cup a Europa League or a league cup at least.

I think he should have remained this for longer.
We would have been a different team.
He lost it to an extent after the first two years
And lost it altogether at the end.

100% he didn't have the heart to complete his "painful rebuild" I get why. Was his team that he made and built and he didn't have the heart to get rid of players like Ali, Lamela, Rose and others when there legs went. Was a big reason the decline started

That and his very strange transfer decisions think rejecting Mane for Sissoko and the buying Lo Celso and Ndombele, Aurier, Njije, Nkoudou.

Legit went 3-4 years without signing a single good player

100% he didn't have the heart to complete his "painful rebuild" I get why. Was his team that he made and built and he didn't have the heart to get rid of players like Ali, Lamela, Rose and others when there legs went. Was a big reason the decline started

That and his very strange transfer decisions think rejecting Mane for Sissoko and the buying Lo Celso and Ndombele, Aurier, Njije, Nkoudou.

Legit went 3-4 years without signing a single good player

Him not wanting a DOF was a major downfall, that said I still find it a bit strange that some fans can speak down on him so freely, he wasn't without his faults but he made us into an absolute beast of a team and created a lot of memories.

Him not wanting a DOF was a major downfall, that said I still find it a bit strange that some fans can speak down on him so freely, he wasn't without his faults but he made us into an absolute beast of a team and created a lot of memories.
I agree with that totally.
But as said, if he had remained the ruthless bloke he was at the beginning, things would have been different.
The Poch of the first two seasons wouldn't have started Kane in the Champs league final IMHO.
Still loved his time in charge though.Great times to be a Spurs fan.But it could of,and should of been better,again in my opinion .

I agree with that totally.
But as said, if he had remained the ruthless bloke he was at the beginning, things would have been different.
The Poch of the first two seasons wouldn't have started Kane in the Champs league final IMHO.
Still loved his time in charge though.Great times to be a Spurs fan.But it could of,and should of been better,again in my opinion .

Probably although I don't think it would have mattered who was in charge, Kane was always starting that final, your best players don't miss out on such a match even if they're not 100% match fit.

Back
Top Bottom