Crystal Palace v. Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday, December 13, 2:15 PM GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a lovely feeling to be spoiled for choice, as we are at the moment.

I would favour Vinny to start in preference to Bale. Let Vinny wear them out, then introduce the old boy after 60 minutes. Bergwijn's a strong option too!
Rest Reguilon - he's had a lot of games.
Start NDombele and give Gio a rest too. Might even start Winksie.
Aurier or Doherty? Hard one, but Aurier's not looked bad lately, so I might save him for Wednesday night.
However, as a decision must be made:

Lloris
Doherty - Toby - Dier - Davies
Sissoko - PEH - Tanguy
Kane - Son
Vinny​

We need to play the strongest team in every league match. There’s no point resting two of three of our most important players because we’ve got Liverpool on Wednesday only to drop 2 or 3 points against Palace and then find that we lose or draw anyway on Wednesday with our strongest team. We could then find ourselves six points adrift rather than three.

Just go all out to win every match FFS and accept that someone may get injured.

We need to play the strongest team in every league match. There’s no point resting two of three of our most important players because we’ve got Liverpool on Wednesday only to drop 2 or 3 points against Palace and then find that we lose or draw anyway on Wednesday with our strongest team. We could then find ourselves six points adrift rather than three.

Just go all out to win every match FFS and accept that someone may get injured.
Agree 100%. Reguilon and Aurier should probably both start vs Palace, Liverpool and Leicester imo. Big drop in quality when you go to Doherty and Davies on recent evidence.

Lloris
Aurier - Dier - Toby - Reguilon
Sissoko - Hojbjerg - Ndombele
Bergwijn - Kane - Son

Surprised if that's not the team. With Lloris, Toby, Hojbjerg, Kane and Son playing how they are you'd favour us to win even with some rotation, but I'd like to see a first choice lineup and make sure of the three points before Anfield. Bergwijn a definite starter on the right for me to help out against Eze and Zaha.

This will be much more of a test than Arse. They're inconsistent but have a solid defence, Zaha, Eze got mad tekkerszssz, they can create a goal out of nothing, and Benteke is not useless in the air.

Expect Eze to cause problems, a player I wish we had gone for.
Him and Bowen really piss me off.

We missed on Sancho, then out of desperation went for Sess, and aparently stung by the mistake refused to go after either Bowen or Eze, instead choosing the crocked 31 year old Bale.

Strongest team to start, subs in 2nd half

Hart, Rodon, Davies, Lo Celso, Moura, Bale, Vinicius

Lo Celso played 2 full games back to back so, on the bench for Palace. Could do with Lamela being fit and Dele Alli being trusted to help out with the workload but hey-ho, que sera sera, whatever will be De-le, the future is n-seventeen, que sera sera

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Dier - Reguilon
Sissoko - Hojbjerg - Lo Celso
Bale - Kane - Son
With Liverpool in mind.

Bring Ndombele and Bergwijn in for that one.

I suspect 3 in a week for Gio is pushing it a bit, but I guess we'll see what Jose thinks soon enough.

I would have said maybe Rodon, but I reckon Jose would have played TA or ED last night if that was to be.

Agreed and keen re Bale tho.

1-0 to the mighty Tottenham constant score line over the last few seasons other than 4-0 last year we’ve huffed & puffed against Palace........don’t see why this season would be any different Jose will have a result in mind and will set up accordingly Burnley & West Brom games could be a guideline

I think a slight rotation is enough. Theres no guarantee we get a win at Anfield even with best 11.

We need 3pts from palace.

Gio and Bale are the only players id consider swapping for Ndombele and Bergwijn. Everyone else has to play.

We may need to give Toby a rest though. May be best not to test his hammys

Back
Top Bottom