Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rose to City, Bertrand to us, everyone happy.

Why would they sell their main LB to us in January?

One thing i do agree with tho... Better City than Utd or Chavs seeing as with Delph and Mendy (albeit injured) already on the books they seem to be doing fine without him.

Why would they sell their main LB to us in January?

One thing i do agree with tho... Better City than Utd or Chavs seeing as with Delph and Mendy (albeit injured) already on the books they seem to be doing fine without him.
Same reason as us?
Once we are in for him the player will want the move, and they will get a lot of money. He is going to be looking at Champions League and playing with half the England team a year out from the World Cup and saying to Saints he wants the move.

Sad if true, but....

The bitter pill here being that he'll get what he wanted all along.
It’s been coming ever since he opened his mouth the first time. These things seldom turn out well. I’m now firmly of the belief that he knew exactly what he was doing when he engineered the interview. I’d personally not let him go in January or until we have his replacement signed, sealed & rotating with Davies. He won’t lose much value between February & June. Fuck his World Cup hopes. He should have thought about that when he was providing the Scum with his exclusive story, whilst sat on his arse injured.

BVXSzi.gif

Your Levy agenda is silly mate.
Why shouldn’t Levy make as much money out of the sale of this snake as possible? Should we just let him go on a free & spend £40 Million replacing him?
It seems pretty clear that it’s Rose who has created this shit storm & is carrying it on with the manager despite his “apology”, not Levy looking to cash in on him.
We shouldn’t sell him until we are happy that his replacement is with us & settled in, but the blame here lies with Rose & nobody else.

Last edited:
Your Levy agenda is silly mate.
Why shouldn’t Levy make as much money out of the sale of this snake as possible? Should we just let him go on a free & spend £40 Million replacing him?
It seems pretty clear that it’s Rose who has created this shit storm & is carrying it on with the manager despite his “apology”, not Levy looking to cash in on him.
We shouldn’t sell him until we are happy that his replavement is with us & settled in, but the blame here lies with Rose & nobody else.
So we sell Walker to City, he gets his dream move and doubles his money. Are you suggesting we should offer Danny Rose a similar reward for this so called shit storm he created. And strengthen a direct rival at the same time.
What sort of message does that send out to other players. Play up and you get big pay rise and a transfer of your choice.
What sort of message does it send out to other clubs. Same old Tottenham selling their best players.
12 months ago our wing back pairing was the envy of the premier league. For whatever reasons, we've already cashed in on one and may be about to cash in on the other. Totally and utterly unnacceptable for the club to allow this situation to develop whichever way you try to dress it up or apportion blame

Hmmm, Graeme Bailey
In his own words "Football Insider for http://TheGamblingTimes.com & The Football Show on SiriusXMFC. Write transfer lines for Sunday tabloids. Proud Teessider and Yorkshireman."

A 4th-rate hack who can't be bothered to correct the mistake in the 19-word byline he wrote for himself.

Calls himself a "Football Insider"

Safe to say the bloke is a fantasist and yes, a cunt.

I present Exhibit 2:

dJwUsubm_400x400.jpg
The "article" is all based on being left out of Woolwich game. Since then both Poch & Rose have made full disclosure. Looks more like he is getting people to bet with him, what a surprise.

I'm in no doubt he will get his dream move, he has made his intentions perfectly clear. And because of his intentions and the braking of ranks interview every time he is not selected he will be linked with a move away. Fuelled by Man U and whatever club who absolutely want to sign him (because he's the best LB in the country), they put their media machine to work. What is odd is Spurs fans forget that Poch has always rotated his fullbacks when both are fit and Rose himself came out after the BVB game and said how far off the pace he actually was and that Poch was "probably write" to leave him out of the squad against Woolwich, despite being fuming (for which I have no issues with).

So we sell Walker to City, he gets his dream move and doubles his money. Are you suggesting we should offer Danny Rose a similar reward for this so called shit storm he created. And strengthen a direct rival at the same time.
What sort of message does that send out to other players. Play up and you get big pay rise and a transfer of your choice.
What sort of message does it send out to other clubs. Same old Tottenham selling their best players.
12 months ago our wing back pairing was the envy of the premier league. For whatever reasons, we've already cashed in on one and may be about to cash in on the other. Totally and utterly unnacceptable for the club to allow this situation to develop whichever way you try to dress it up or apportion blame

This is the obvious downside to the whole "shit storm" - the reason it's angered so many all along (well that + the untimely and underhanded nature of his actions) - but what do you suggest we do(*)?

(From day one, i've said Rose has put us over a barrell and deemed that as a player he holds all the cards.)

Poch tried to reintegrate him, but the guy won't move on (like he said he wanted to do in his initial so-called 'apology'.)

(*Genuine question.... Consider it an 'olive branch', if you like.)

The "article" is all based on being left out of Woolwich game. Since then both Poch & Rose have made full disclosure. Looks more like he is getting people to bet with him, what a surprise.

I'm in no doubt he will get his dream move, he has made his intentions perfectly clear. And because of his intentions and the braking of ranks interview every time he is not selected he will be linked with a move away. Fuelled by Man U and whatever club who absolutely want to sign him (because he's the best LB in the country), they put their media machine to work. What is odd is Spurs fans forget that Poch has always rotated his fullbacks when both are fit and Rose himself came out after the BVB game and said how far off the pace he actually was and that Poch was "probably write" to leave him out of the squad against Woolwich, despite being fuming (for which I have no issues with).
Doesn't explain where he was yesterday though mate.
With Poch saying he picked the best team, are we really supposed to think he rates Aurier or KWP better than Rose at left back?

He NOT fit mate. Rose said it himself! He's been out for 9 months, no way is he ready to play another game just 3 days latter.

Indeed. If Poch has no desire to play him on the basis of fitness, then why waste a spot on the bench?

Back
Top Bottom