Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You mean like Harry Kane?
See he's the exception to the rule, i believe he is being genuine but dont doubt there will come a time where he will want to move on.
I remember the cunting rose took when he signed a new contract years back yet now those same fans expect loyalty from him........... funny ol' game.

See he's the exception to the rule, i believe he is being genuine but dont doubt there will come a time where he will want to move on.
I remember the cunting rose took when he signed a new contract years back yet now those same fans expect loyalty from him........... funny ol' game.
Not really, we pay his salary. He seems to think he is doing us a favor turning up to work. If I was shit at my job and got a contract renewal and some of the shareholders protested, once I actually became good I wouldn’t start cunting the whole company off

I expect proffesionalism and commitment from our players, not 1-club loyalty.

...I dont think too many pissed with DR are any different.

He didn’t have to sign the contract though & could have spent his career clogging around the bottom of the PL or in the championship. He took his chance with Spurs, improved massively (& in no small part due to the coaching he received) & got the full backing of the fans.
He shat all over that by going to none other than the most universally loathed rag of them all & bitching about the club & the fans that made him.

I have no objection to him & his agent negotiating better terms for him. His performances up to his injury deserved that. But he’d signed another contract only a few months earlier, & was presumably happy at that time?

I’ve no objection to contract talks breaking down & the club/player agreeing that he will be sold.

What was utterly shit about his behaviour, was what he said, to whom, & when he said it.

This is the part that people aren’t forgetting too quickly. If he gives 100% (no doubt he will do that because he wants a place on the plane to Russia next summer) then he can do what the fuck he wants after that, as long as it suits the club.

He can either sign another contract extension with us (in which case he commits to the club & we can move on from this as a brainfart while he was injured & not thinking straight) or he can go wherever his heart takes him. It really doesn’t matter to me. There aren’t many of the current squad I could say that about. Whether that makes me a wally, I couldn’t really care.

Everyone knows that was a minority of the fans, primarily twitter trolls which ''forced'' him off the sight. He then used them as an excuse to attack the entire fanbase.

I don't expect loyalty. I expect you to behave professionally. Going to The fucking Sun the week before the first game of the season demanding a pay rise, saying you'll move after being injured for 9 months isn't.

There was nothing ''refreshing'' about what he did. It was the height of unprofessional.

blah blah blah i hate danny rose blah blah he is a cunt blah blah he disrespected the club okkkkkkkkkkkk we get it can we just move on to a different topic plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.:avbpray:

blah blah blah i hate danny rose blah blah he is a cunt blah blah he disrespected the club okkkkkkkkkkkk we get it can we just move on to a different topic plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.:avbpray:

Well darling Danny is still causing the club headaches in the press so, if you would, please explain how/why one should let it go?

Everyone knows that was a minority of the fans, primarily twitter trolls which ''forced'' him off the sight. He then used them as an excuse to attack the entire fanbase.

I don't expect loyalty. I expect you to behave professionally. Going to The fucking Sun the week before the first game of the season demanding a pay rise, saying you'll move after being injured for 9 months isn't.

There was nothing ''refreshing'' about what he did. It was the height of unprofessional.
Can you show me where he "attacked the entire fan base" you seem to be basing your opinion on sensationalist headlines rather than actual comments from both Poch and Rose.

Can you show me where he "attacked the entire fan base" you seem to be basing your opinion on sensationalist headlines rather than actual comments from both Poch and Rose.
IIRC he said he'll never forget how the fans treated him. As if it was a justification for doing what he was doing.

He was unprofessional. Article released August 12th, first game of the season August 13th.

I've never encountered a more marmite reaction to a Spurs player.

I have to admit that I'm getting tired of the "I hate him and he disrespected me as a fan" angle, so I'm going to try on the "I love him and he is misunderstood" side for a bit.

Will report back my findings in a couple of weeks...

Last edited:
Its going to be march and people are still going to be regurgitating the same shit "he disrespected the club, it could of messed up our season,he went to the sun of all places, he undermined poch" its boring everyone knows what he did. If or when he actually leaves the club we can all go for him and call him every name under the sun, but whilst he's wearing the shirt and putting in performances like he did on tuesday can we just get behind the player for fucks sake. Some of are you are keeping this whole saga alive more than the media.

Well the support for him was loud and clear at the game on Tuesday so that'll do me.

Remember people saying Ghally disrespected the shirt when he threw it down in anger at being a subbed sub.... completely forgetting how he had previously played on having half his teeth kicked out.

Well the support for him was loud and clear at the game on Tuesday so that'll do me.

Remember people saying Ghally disrespected the shirt when he threw it down in anger at being a subbed sub.... completely forgetting how he had previously played on having half his teeth kicked out.
Don't get how those two situations are comparable tbh.

Its going to be march and people are still going to be regurgitating the same shit "he disrespected the club, it could of messed up our season,he went to the sun of all places, he undermined poch" its boring everyone knows what he did. If or when he actually leaves the club we can all go for him and call him every name under the sun, but whilst he's wearing the shirt and putting in performances like he did on tuesday can we just get behind the player for fucks sake. Some of are you are keeping this whole saga alive more than the media.
There's a difference between discussing the situation he caused and support. Every game I've been to I've supported whoever wears the shirt.

By remembering what he did isn't to not support him.

What I won't have is people saying it was the fans fault and that we're miserable cunts and just the general feeling that any of this was caused by us. He did it, no one else.

Not really, we pay his salary. He seems to think he is doing us a favor turning up to work. If I was shit at my job and got a contract renewal and some of the shareholders protested, once I actually became good I wouldn’t start cunting the whole company off

Even after his last "apology" he now says that he was "fuming" about being left out of the Woolwich game. I didn't read anywhere in the media how Davies felt about being left out of the Dortmund game. I would guess he was disappointed but just sucked it up.

Poch quite rightly nailed his ass to the wall in hos presser yesterday.

Rose is not a team player, just a thick mercenary who's stock has fallen along with his common sense and loyalty to the club.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if we sold him and we haven't skipped a beat without him finishing second last season while he was sat at home Googling the names of Sanchez, Aurier and Llorente.

Back
Top Bottom