Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even after his last "apology" he now says that he was "fuming" about being left out of the Woolwich game. I didn't read anywhere in the media how Davies felt about being left out of the Dortmund game. I would guess he was disappointed but just sucked it up.

Poch quite rightly nailed his ass to the wall in hos presser yesterday.

Rose is not a team player, just a thick mercenary who's stock has fallen along with his common sense and loyalty to the club.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if we sold him and we haven't skipped a beat without him finishing second last season while he was sat at home Googling the names of Sanchez, Aurier and Llorente.
I think his words are meant to direct that he really wants to be involved in NLD. Not even saying he is sad to be a sub, he is sad to be completely left out. I think that is him trying to endear himself to the club.
I was more surprised by Pochs comment. I think he didnt hear or read that and just being told by the reporter. So he misunderstood Roses intention just like few peoples here. Poch kinda exposed him there, and it shows that there is unfinished issue between them.
I think he definitely will leave soon.

I think his words are meant to direct that he really wants to be involved in NLD. Not even saying he is sad to be a sub, he is sad to be completely left out. I think that is him trying to endear himself to the club.
I was more surprised by Pochs comment. I think he didnt hear or read that and just being told by the reporter. So he misunderstood Roses intention just like few peoples here. Poch kinda exposed him there, and it shows that there is unfinished issue between them.
I think he definitely will leave soon.
If he says something open to interpretation in one of two ways, it will be taken to be meant negatively. He made sure of that with his tantrum in August. Even his own manager is wary of Rose running his mouth off. Which is precisely why Rose should manage his words very carefully if he chooses to go in front of a reporter of any description.

Everyone knows that was a minority of the fans, primarily twitter trolls which ''forced'' him off the sight. He then used them as an excuse to attack the entire fanbase.

I don't expect loyalty. I expect you to behave professionally. Going to The fucking Sun the week before the first game of the season demanding a pay rise, saying you'll move after being injured for 9 months isn't.

There was nothing ''refreshing'' about what he did. It was the height of unprofessional.
The thing is the veracity of his statements in August have been greatly exaggerated, and probably linger in the memory of many as much more vitriolic than they actually were just because they've been argued over so frequently and passionately.

In his statements in August he acknowledges that it was a minority of fans because he says he won't forget how "some of the fans" treated him when he signed the contract. And even followed that by saying he was happy at Tottenham, loved his teammates, and thought the fans had been great the last few years.

Clearly he's a sensitive lad, who probably needs to work on putting a wall between himself and the press/social media because he takes what is said about him to heart. But it just isn't true that he lashed out claimed all, or even most, of the support is shit, or said that he was leaving.

He said he thought he, and his teammates, were underpaid (simply parroting what every English paper told him probably 4 dozen times while he was injured and laid on his sofa), said that "at some point" he wanted to play up north again, and that he wouldn't forget how "some of the fans" had treated him when he signed the contract and that it upset him that people treated him as if he was shit before Pochettino arrived (he's right to be agrieved there because while he wasn't the player he is now, and readily admits that, he wasn't shit either - was still one of the better LBs in the league and superior to BAE who preceded him)

So, if you weren't one of the Twitter cunts constantly berating him years back then he wasn't really slating you. And his statements that he won't forget that treatment by some fans really are no different than that of some fans since saying they won't forget what he's done. Both sides need to just hug it out and stop dwelling on the past.

:dierpochhug::pochsmirk:

If he says something open to interpretation in one of two ways, it will be taken to be meant negatively. He made sure of that with his tantrum in August. Even his own manager is wary of Rose running his mouth off. Which is precisely why Rose should manage his words very carefully if he chooses to go in front of a reporter of any description.
The unfortunate part of the situation is even keeping his mouth shut they'll simply spin it as him sulking and make up whatever trash they want. Its a hot topic that generates high traffic, just look how much we talk about it. Danny is in a lose/lose situation until the press find a new meal he'll be the centerpiece, whether he talks or Not.

For what it's worth I didn't see Poch's statement as anything particularly pointed towards Rose. Said that it wasn't an issue between them and Danny did exactly as asked, said he would have expected any of his players to be upset in that situation, and said that Rose and any others just have to suck it up in that situation because hes the manager and his decisions arent based on their feelings. To me thats more a defence of Rose than anything else, and an attempt to nip the story in the bud.

So is poch saying "I like when the player feels that emotion because it means they're interested in helping the team and they want to play" now being spun into poch being annoyed with rose and is that "nailing his ass" as one of you put. Listen to his actually presser not the headlines the media are trying to spin.

The thing is the veracity of his statements in August have been greatly exaggerated, and probably linger in the memory of many as much more vitriolic than they actually were just because they've been argued over so frequently and passionately.

In his statements in August he acknowledges that it was a minority of fans because he says he won't forget how "some of the fans" treated him when he signed the contract. And even followed that by saying he was happy at Tottenham, loved his teammates, and thought the fans had been great the last few years.

Clearly he's a sensitive lad, who probably needs to work on putting a wall between himself and the press/social media because he takes what is said about him to heart. But it just isn't true that he lashed out claimed all, or even most, of the support is shit, or said that he was leaving.

He said he thought he, and his teammates, were underpaid (simply parroting what every English paper told him probably 4 dozen times while he was injured and laid on his sofa), said that "at some point" he wanted to play up north again, and that he wouldn't forget how "some of the fans" had treated him when he signed the contract and that it upset him that people treated him as if he was shit before Pochettino arrived (he's right to be agrieved there because while he wasn't the player he is now, and readily admits that, he wasn't shit either - was still one of the better LBs in the league and superior to BAE who preceded him)

So, if you weren't one of the Twitter cunts constantly berating him years back then he wasn't really slating you. And his statements that he won't forget that treatment by some fans really are no different than that of some fans since saying they won't forget what he's done. Both sides need to just hug it out and stop dwelling on the past.

:dierpochhug::pochsmirk:
All that is well and good mate. But, week before the season starts? In the paper that blamed football fans for the death of 96 people?

All that is well and good mate. But, week before the season starts? In the paper that blamed football fans for the death of 96 people?
As far as the timing goes, I don't know what pushed him over the edge at that moment - something did, but I don't know what it is. I don't think he was angling for a move, otherwise why not do it sooner when it'd be more likely to prompt a deal? He said he was in a bad place, certainly looked It.

To the Sun's despicable coverage of Hillsborough, Danny wasn't even alive and it's not hard to believe that he doesn't really know or understand what that rag represents to many. There's enough nasty opportunistic press out there that I honestly believe if he properly understood that angle, he'd have take his moan elsewhere. Whether he just wanted to vent or did want to send up a "come and get me", the piece would have been just as good from his end whether it was the daily fail, the guardian, or any other. If he wanted to force a move Sky would've been his best bet, would've got tv coverage as well.

As far as the timing goes, I don't know what pushed him over the edge at that moment - something did, but I don't know what it is. I don't think he was angling for a move, otherwise why not do it sooner when it'd be more likely to prompt a deal? He said he was in a bad place, certainly looked It.

To the Sun's despicable coverage of Hillsborough, Danny wasn't even alive and it's not hard to believe that he doesn't really know or understand what that rag represents to many. There's enough nasty opportunistic press out there that I honestly believe if he properly understood that angle, he'd have take his moan elsewhere. Whether he just wanted to vent or did want to send up a "come and get me", the piece would have been just as good from his end whether it was the daily fail, the guardian, or any other. If he wanted to force a move Sky would've been his best bet, would've got tv coverage as well.
Come off it mate. He went directly to the one paper who would make this the scoop of the season. The tampon of newspapers. Whatever reasons he had & whatever he was going through at the time, your comments are genuinely reaching. He went looking for an interview with the Sun. He got his interview & spoke his mind. Remember that. Nobody told him to say the things he did. If you are ready to forget that because he’s got a new hairstyle, worked back to something approaching fitness & had a great game, then fair enough. Some of us still wonder if Danny Rose is in it for the long haul or for himself. Said it before, but will put it another way- would you trust him with the keys to your home, or would you give them to Harry Kane?

He’s got a long way to go before I’d give him the keys to anything.

Come off it mate. He went directly to the one paper who would make this the scoop of the season. The tampon of newspapers. Whatever reasons he had & whatever he was going through at the time, your comments are genuinely reaching. He went looking for an interview with the Sun. He got his interview & spoke his mind. Remember that. Nobody told him to say the things he did. If you are ready to forget that because he’s got a new hairstyle, worked back to something approaching fitness & had a great game, then fair enough. Some of us still wonder if Danny Rose is in it for the long haul or for himself. Said it before, but will put it another way- would you trust him with the keys to your home, or would you give them to Harry Kane?

He’s got a long way to go before I’d give him the keys to anything.
Is there a Spurs sleepover at my house and we need to nominate a PIC? Are Dele and Eric sharing the guestroom? Will there be cookies and boardgames? And why can't I stay? Must admit, I'm not really pleased with any of this...I've never been a fan of house guests, much less if I'm tossed out of my own home.

:avbmad:

Even after his last "apology" he now says that he was "fuming" about being left out of the Woolwich game. I didn't read anywhere in the media how Davies felt about being left out of the Dortmund game. I would guess he was disappointed but just sucked it up.

Poch quite rightly nailed his ass to the wall in hos presser yesterday.

Rose is not a team player, just a thick mercenary who's stock has fallen along with his common sense and loyalty to the club.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if we sold him and we haven't skipped a beat without him finishing second last season while he was sat at home Googling the names of Sanchez, Aurier and Llorente.

How about if we sold him to united and actively improved them and made us worse?

You've made valid points but all the people pissy with seem to forget how good a bloody footballer he is!

How about if we sold him to united and actively improved them and made us worse?

You've made valid points but all the people pissy with seem to forget how good a bloody footballer he is!

Rubbish!!!!!

....Just not prepared to accept a players action purely on the basis of how good a player he is. Its called PRINCIPALS.

Theyre great. Get some....

Besides, did we miss DR... No.

Why?

BEN FUCKING DAVIES.

And I’ll make my jokes even more infantile just for you so that you “get them”

Who knows we might be treated to an old Blackadder quote
:ap:

BTW the smiley face means I'm kidding and none of it was meant to be taken seriously.
And yet you're often at pains to point out how humourless I am!

Last edited:
He better be sold in January. He's the best LB in the country & there's no point devaluing his potential transfer fee if you're not going to play him due to pettiness.

Back
Top Bottom